Lasik eye Surgery

pin.xiu

Reaction score
hello! I did my SMILE at SNEC this Feb! My right eye was 10.75, so post-degree still has a degree of about 0.75 left (probably did increased in the past months) doctor did say might take some time to stabilise

Post-lasik, my eyes did experience occasionally stinging but doctor said it was normal - the eyes aren’t used to the exposure to the light yet! Just rest more and follow the medications as prescribed :)

Used to have dry eyes pre-lasik due to conjunctivitis a couple of years ago and was very heavily reliant on eye drops, post-lasik likewise just spammed eye drops haha

But now it’s recovering quite well and I barely need eye drops unless I’m in air-conditioned/dusty places for prolonged periods

Hi, did u do x-linking? And how long did it take your vision to be clear?

dellley

Reaction score
Hi, did u do x-linking? And how long did it take your vision to be clear?
hi! no i didn't! i did the surgery in end-feb and it took about 2 months to be clear (no more glaring/halo effects) and i slowly ditch the constant dropping of eye-drops, just used the medicated drops as prescribed.

pin.xiu

Reaction score
hi! no i didn't! i did the surgery in end-feb and it took about 2 months to be clear (no more glaring/halo effects) and i slowly ditch the constant dropping of eye-drops, just used the medicated drops as prescribed.

Ohh! For the 2 months, besides glaring/halo effects at night, was your vision blur during the day as well? Like vision wasn't as clear as you wear specs before the surgery?

dellley

Reaction score
Ohh! For the 2 months, besides glaring/halo effects at night, was your vision blur during the day as well? Like vision wasn't as clear as you wear specs before the surgery?
Might be abit blurry in the day esp after spending long hours on computer etc, and occasional stinging which got better after a few weeks. Doc said probably as the eye is used to the exposure to the light yet.

Also air-con environment, it will be very dry, so really dependent on eye drops for awhile

my degree was 9.50/10.75 before and still very blurry with specs + because the specs itself it very heavy & thick so vision is not super clear HAHA i usually wear contacts (of a lower power, as its closer to the eyes) and it's much clearer than specs :)

pin.xiu

Reaction score
Might be abit blurry in the day esp after spending long hours on computer etc, and occasional stinging which got better after a few weeks. Doc said probably as the eye is used to the exposure to the light yet.

Also air-con environment, it will be very dry, so really dependent on eye drops for awhile

my degree was 9.50/10.75 before and still very blurry with specs + because the specs itself it very heavy & thick so vision is not super clear HAHA i usually wear contacts (of a lower power, as its closer to the eyes) and it's much clearer than specs :)

I see.. seems like relex smile takes longer to recover and obtain perfect vision. It's around post one month for me. But my vision is still blurry/hazy. It's definitely not 6/6 vision. Hopefully it gets better for me!

missyjas

Reaction score
Hi, any one went eec for icl b4? Whats the cost like?
Was recommended by another doc to go for icl due to thin corneal(498) & about 750degree. And if willing to undertake the risk of ectasia, can do prk with cxl.
So far anyone with thin corneal n high myopia has done prk?

Last edited:

Chiazh

Reaction score
Hi, can I have promo code for the various clinics (ie. Clearvision, Shingawa, EEC)? Unable to Pm anyone as I am new here. Thanks a lot in advance!

mortred93

Reaction score
How is the experience with Dr Lim Wee Kiak at EEC? Dr Julian is full until next year.

I just did my femtolasik with him yesterday. Procedure itself was fine just some discomfort. Was -2.5 both eyes with 25 astig in left eye. Some halos and slight haze present. Right eye is now perfect but left not sharp, noticeable when using phone or computer, bit of eyestrain because of the difference. not sure if under or overcorrected vs visual acuity needing time to recover. Any other brahs have similar experiences post lasik can comment if it got better?

Today at the 1 day review just got told to give it more time and don't need compare so early. Kinda worried now looking back at some of the previous experiences with EEC and how they seem very unwilling to do enhancements. Hope it wouldn't come to that. Will update again at 1 week and 1 month review

Last edited:

Chiazh

Reaction score
Hello, do you mind providing me info for referral as I am thinking of going Shinagawa to correct my vision as well. Thank you!!

Consulted Dr Lee and i’m suitable for the Intralase Lasik.
Scheduled for 7 March as my colleague is away for long leave during CNY. I also have a wedding to attend on 3 March hence I would only have adequate time to rest after that.

Shinagawa has $300 off from referrals which was what I have not seen anyone mentioning it online.

You will need the name and contact number for the referral. So in the end I had quoted my close friend’s name.

We_Generation

Reaction score
I just did my femtolasik with him yesterday. Procedure itself was fine just some discomfort. Was -2.5 both eyes with 25 astig in left eye. Some halos and slight haze present. Right eye is now perfect but left not sharp, noticeable when using phone or computer, bit of eyestrain because of the difference. not sure if under or overcorrected vs visual acuity needing time to recover. Any other brahs have similar experiences post lasik can comment if it got better?

Today at the 1 day review just got told to give it more time and don't need compare so early. Kinda worried now looking back at some of the previous experiences with EEC and how they seem very unwilling to do enhancements. Hope it wouldn't come to that. Will update again at 1 week and 1 month review

Thanks for sharing! How much does the femtolasik cost? Sounds scary that EEC seem unwilling to do enhancement :(

Last edited:

Taro Pie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U shouldn't be worried at 1 day

Give it a week at least

For enhancement doctors will usually only offer if leftover of at least -0.75

Posted from PCWX using 成何体统

mortred93

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! How much does the femtolasik cost? Sounds scary that EEC seem unwilling to do enhancement :(

It's about 3500 nett so far including pre assessment and meds after the 300 bucks referral discount. Postop review today was about 80 odd. I guess what the other poster said about being too early in the healing process makes sense also, I'll reserve my judgement for the 3 month final review.

They've been quite professional otherwise, nevertheless it's worth shopping around to get some different opinions.

ClarenceTheGreat

Reaction score
It's about 3500 nett so far including pre assessment and meds after the 300 bucks referral discount. Postop review today was about 80 odd. I guess what the other poster said about being too early in the healing process makes sense also, I'll reserve my judgement for the 3 month final review.

They've been quite professional otherwise, nevertheless it's worth shopping around to get some different opinions.

Hi how to get the referral discount?

amransan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is my own personal experience i was 8 year old i had 500 degree on my right eye and over the years it goes up to 1700 degree at 33 year old.

i never wear spectical or contact lences and all those years automatically i been using my lelf eye to see. as my right eye is very blur consider useless.

to cut the story short the 1st time i took off the eye patch my useless right eye was really clear and sharp BUT because my brain been using the left eye to see and so many years never use the right eye these are the problem.

when i close my left eye with my hand to "test" my right eye it seem that it is very clear but it takes a few second to recongize what is infront of me maybe it been too long since i use that eye and my brain not used to it!!!
and now my right eye is clearer then the left eyes it seem that they both trying to be the main eye imagine infront of u there a cup but u see "3 cups"

i went back see the doctor and he expaine to me why i seeing 3 cups he said because my righ eye the shape is not round like a normal eye but it is like abit oval shape that is why i am seeing 3 cups (so that note of your eyeball shape)

and i ask him why my brain takes a longer time to recognise what infront of me when i using my right eye he said that because my brain so use to using my left eye to see over the years and the brain not use to use the right eye so it will take time to get use to it.

and over the years my right eye(did the lasik) detorarate slowly slowly it went back to its original degree and now after afew years now my right eye is back 1700 degree.

now i wear spectical but my right side is useless

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.