Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Ana1973

Reaction score
Hi Angella, im facing the same issue with you but i got forced loan $300 into my account. They gave me up to 19 oct to pay by 5pm. I need advice too from anyone as i do not know what to do?

Please advice what should i do as my husband is stress up thinking about this?

green72

Reaction score
Hi Angella, im facing the same issue with you but i got forced loan $300 into my account. They gave me up to 19 oct to pay by 5pm. I need advice too from anyone as i do not know what to do?

Almost everyone here experience forced loan.

Stop replying to them or read their threat message by blocking or changing your hp number.

Make a police report online. No need to come down to the station. Ensure all information is true and honest.

Wait for Police to contact you and assign an I/O (Investigating Officer). They might either call, msg or email you. Ensure it's the police before replying.

With the Police report, get Town Council to approve CCTV installation at your residence if you stay in a HDB unit. You need to apply for the permit and buy/install CCTV yourself.

Inform your family members that you are scam and to report to police if they are also harassed.

Inform your workplace too.

Then with all the above in place, just continue to ghost them. Don't pay, don't contact them. That's how we are able to end our harassment.

If they send runners, quickly call 999. Don't hesitate.

Report ALL harassment to I/O. If suspect suspicious person outside your unit, just call 999. Nevermind if it turn out to be a mistake.

This is Singapore, land of many CCTV everywhere. It's safe here.

green72

Reaction score
To hell with their date line, that's the attitude you should have.

From Oct 19 to 2 weeks, get ready to "catch" the runner at your place doing their "work".

The runners are skittish type most of the time. Easily spooked because they themselves scared getting caught.

Inform the dateline to police. They will be waiting if ever the scammer send down people. 3 strokes of the cane waiting for them in jail.

Last edited:

Ana1973

Reaction score
I have reported to SPF twice and to my bank. What police can advice is block their calls. They have been msging my husband n my daughter. I told them to block the number. Even another no. Msg me and asked me that im trying to run away? I blocked their no. Again. But my husband is worried that they will do something to our neighbour hse.

Anybody encountered loan sharks recently and how you faced it?

green72

Reaction score
I have reported to SPF twice and to my bank. What police can advice is block their calls. They have been msging my husband n my daughter. I told them to block the number. Even another no. Msg me and asked me that im trying to run away? I blocked their no. Again. But my husband is worried that they will do something to our neighbour hse.

Anybody encountered loan sharks recently and how you faced it?

Just scroll back past posts to know. Never ever get tired of reporting to the police if any harassment. Continue to block any numbers. Change hp numbers will help eliminate all these harassment messages.

You want to end this harassment fast? Just follow the advices given here and stick to it until it ends.

Please don't blame yourself or feel guilty if the runners splash paint on your neighbours hse. Ask them to make a report. Blame the scammer, not yourself. They are the ones harassing, not you.

Inform and alert your neighbours that you are scammed and keep a watch out for suspicious character along the corridor.

We know you and your family are anxious. That's what the scammer wants you to feel. Overcome that fear and face whatever comes with a quick call to the police.

They only mentally harass victims, not physical. Splash paint, paste debtor note or lock gate is the only things the can do.

All to scare you to pay. Don't be afraid, you fight back by ghosting them. Stop reading their messages. Change your number already.

Last edited:

xvirusgal

Reaction score

Hi Angella,

Yes. Be strong. And be alert.

I have gone through my fair share and it certainly looks like a daunting task right now even as we speak. But you will definitely see the rainbow after this storm has passed.

Heed all the advices here.
1) change ALL contact numbers involved. reason so they cannot play mind games with you.

2) invest and install webcams at your unit for your own peace of mind, serves as a deterrence as well. remember to get those with motion detection.

3) eat well, however difficult it seems, you need all the energy to fight this battle. sleep well, arrange your timing with your family for night watch.

4) if your neighbours or NOK or colleagues are harassed, come clean , apologize, get their support and ask them to make police reports as well.

5) be prepared and vigilant for suspicious characters lurking around, after a while, you will be able to establish the real neighbors, or strangers lurking around.

6) most importanly, do not even contemplate paying any amount as it is illegal to do so rightly.

7) if they spring actions, you must be ready with your counter actions.

Thats my 2cents worth for my experiences so far. I am still ever viligant although a month has passed since they actioned. I am ever ready for them!

Angella1209

Reaction score
Trust me, any number that they have, just change your number, cause i have been also receiving alot of calls and messages, even if you block them, they will keep using other number to text you, even though we are to just ignore and block, but seeing the message stress you out, so same goes for me, i just change my number...you will be less stress..and you will feel better, cause if you dont change, when they text you, they will know you are seeing the message, so my suggestion just change your number. for the rest dont worry, just like what they told you, just be careful and if u see anyone suspicious or anything dial 999 without hesitation, that what i did, as impressively the runner got caught. Everyone will have that time that we stupidly did something that we regret, i also regret too, but what have happened cannot be undo, so the next thing is, move on and be more careful next time.. Even though i am still worried now if they will come again....but if they really want to come we cannot stop also, so just call 999..they are always here for your safety...hope you get thru it like me..lets be strong together and stop them...

Angella1209

Reaction score
I have been to SPF like 6 times haha, no worries, anything just make a report...they are willing to help you..

xvirusgal

Reaction score
whats your situation like? also because you enquire only??

My case is I am listed as NOK...but yes, these loansharks dun care a hoot whether I am not the debtor.

I have already braved the storm, gone through the worst,they sent 3 runners within 2 weeks last month!

My unit must be the most highly patrolled last month..and they are continuing to do so. So kudos to our men/women in blue.

Just continue to be vigilant for the safety of your family and neighbors.

Tats the fighting spirit!

xvirusgal

Reaction score

Ana,
I'm sorry you are going through this storm.

Just heed all the advices here. We have all been through and sailed out safely.

Now is a time for you n family to be united to stand the test of faith. Tempers will raise, blames will go around, but importantly, bite through this together and be thankful of each other.

Read through all the posts here. Everyone here all have a common understanding, that is dun be afraid. Be strong. Fight back.
Jiayou.

Stupidddme

Reaction score

Hi, havent been here for a long time but please do not be threatened by them. Never Ever Pay them, they will always find excuses to ask more from you. Please read the posts by the previous victims as what some of us had suggested.
We had been in the same situation before, everyone who came to this thread had the same problems, we may encounter different UML, but eventually, those who followed other's advice get through it. It will toug be for the first week, the first month or if you are really unlucky, for the first year. But you had done nothing wrong, I didn't change my no. and I do receive some loan msg still but all the advertise type,normal spam.
Tell yourself, they are scammers and you should not be afraid of them. They will let go of you if they cant get anything from you, yes they might harass you, but treat them as annoying scammers and block whatever msg or call that came in. It will end eventually.

Shoniah

Reaction score
My case is I am listed as NOK...but yes, these loansharks dun care a hoot whether I am not the debtor.

I have already braved the storm, gone through the worst,they sent 3 runners within 2 weeks last month!

My unit must be the most highly patrolled last month..and they are continuing to do so. So kudos to our men/women in blue.

Just continue to be vigilant for the safety of your family and neighbors.

Tats the fighting spirit!

Police are still patrolling my unit till today since aug ( one runner came to lock my gate ), after that the harrassment stopped

Darknorth

Reaction score
Can anybody advice? I've involved in around 6 stalls and after paying around 3-4 deferments, decided to ghost them all completely and make police report. Inform my NOK and they are quite supportive about it. Now my worries is more to when they decide to strike down to my unit and disturb my neighbour. Haven't inform them regarding this. And also as I put my employer number which I finished my contract last week, it seems they have inform my ex employer regarding me ghosting them. As I'm afraid and ashamed to deal with the issue I decided to ghost my ex employer also(I know it's wrong). Do you think my ex employer will make this matter big as eventhough I'm not working with them alr and never visit my unit before as I am only under contract and working with them for 3 months. I am too ashamed to face them if they ever decide to come visit me

vwtg54

Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody know if loanshark accept photocopy of NRIC? Because a good frd is getting ROM and need me to give her a copy of IC since I am her witness.
But I am worry that she keep n use for illegal purpose? Thanks

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody know if loanshark accept photocopy of NRIC? Because a good frd is getting ROM and need me to give her a copy of IC since I am her witness.
I think loan shark not so kumgong accept photocopy ic

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

if she keep and misuse, then she is not your good friend. simple as that...

yes, UML accept photocopy by the way... anyway their modus operandi is they will disturb u for trial loan first and slowly try to milk u.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.