The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia, can I seek your expertise is Silhouette rimless glasses worth to buy? Thanks

not directed at me but they are good quality frames :)

Yeah, the issue still persists, hence I think it's more important to find something that can solve the glare issue.

Was wondering if photofusion/transition style lenses will help with that? Doctor suggest polarised lenses since he check my eyes but cannot find anything wrong. but aren't those for sunglasses only :eek:

Photofusion might help. A few different factors to your problem. could be lens coating/residual astig?/ large pupil size that causes the glare..

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
not directed at me but they are good quality frames :)

Photofusion might help. A few different factors to your problem. could be lens coating/residual astig?/ large pupil size that causes the glare..

Agreed with sil frames.

Also i am leaning towards maybe lens coating that could be causing the issue. Either photofusion or lenses with blue light reflect coating might help.

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zeiss has a DriveSafe coating which is supposed to reduce glare at night. I got that coating and notice a slight difference compared to my Hoya lenses without any special coating.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya has a similar lenses called enroute pro. You can consider that in future too :)

Zeiss has a DriveSafe coating which is supposed to reduce glare at night. I got that coating and notice a slight difference compared to my Hoya lenses without any special coating.

Baptiot

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to buy a transitions lenses with an oakley frame. Should i get transitions XTRActive? Or just the regular gen 8? For XTRActive lenses will it be way more darker? Hoya sensity dark or crizal XTRActive? Which one better? Thanks for the help

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to buy a transitions lenses with an oakley frame. Should i get transitions XTRActive? Or just the regular gen 8? For XTRActive lenses will it be way more darker? Hoya sensity dark or crizal XTRActive? Which one better? Thanks for the help

imo, get the sensity dark if you want it darker

sequalancer

Reaction score
Agreed with sil frames.

Also i am leaning towards maybe lens coating that could be causing the issue. Either photofusion or lenses with blue light reflect coating might help.

Thanks thegardens3b and gangsterkia for the info. Do you know what's the most durable lens in Singapore, I'm using Nikon lens coming to 2 years and the coating on the lens starting to peel off especially at the corner. Tired of having to change the lens every 2 years:(:(

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Wearers handling plays an impt part. But I am leaning towards hoya or zeiss...

Thanks thegardens3b and gangsterkia for the info. Do you know what's the most durable lens in Singapore, I'm using Nikon lens coming to 2 years and the coating on the lens starting to peel off especially at the corner. Tired of having to change the lens every 2 years:(:(

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
There is not really a specific life span, usually once the lenses turns yellowish/denature? Maybe 3-4 years? I mean I seen longer lifespans but in general 3-4 years...

what is the life span of typical lens if handle with extreme care?

Reaction score
Agreed with sil frames.

Went with zeiss digital photofusion :D Now hoping my reading power don't increase, at the max power for digital lenses already . Next is normal progressives :eek: Im not even 30 ..

Got poisoned browsing this thread, now my hands itchy to buy lindberg despite having made 2 pairs of glasses recently already :s13:

TheSYF

Reaction score
Can anyone intro any spectacles shop with widest range of IC berlin. Wanted to try some light frames as current oakley keep dropping whenever i look downwards which is very annoying.

_nivla

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody knows other than jamco, where else got a wide range of Acoustic Line spec frame?
:)

Jamco very far hahaa, prefer like central area if possible

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not exactly wide but eyewear optics has a number of AL frames. Maybe 20-30?
Located at Thomson Plaza.

anybody knows other than jamco, where else got a wide range of Acoustic Line spec frame?
:)

Jamco very far hahaa, prefer like central area if possible

chungsenteck

Reaction score
progressive lens

hi, early 40+, power+/-425... believe need to do progressive lens on next, what brand to recommend... and price range... thanks..

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any Budget for you? The max you can stretch to?

400 plus degree you can consider 1.5/1.6 index and I would recommend something that cost around 450-500. If you want something more comfortable then likely 600-700, but it will be really comfortable.

hi, early 40+, power+/-425... believe need to do progressive lens on next, what brand to recommend... and price range... thanks..

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
anywhere i can buy the zeiss driving lens at the cheapest possible price?

just received my eyewear ordered from US.

Koodies

Reaction score
Need some recommendations, looking around for new pair of specs.

Currently, owned a pair from Owndays. Does anyone have any bad experiences with Lenskart and Zoff? power is near 800ish budget-wise want to keep it near 300/400ish or even lower ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.