NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Ruphoria

Reaction score
Since the telegram group is closed I guess we have to restart updates here. I'll just add on my timeline here for anyone who may be interested!

- application date: 26 Jun
- interview on 14 aug for PGDE Eng/ Lit (Sec): 14 Aug
- Ept availability email: 18 aug
- 1st processing email: 31 aug
- 2nd processing email:14 sept
- change of status to “shortlisted”: 5 Oct
- call from MOE to change subject to Eng/ SS (Pri): 16 Oct
- Agreed to change subject combi: 19 Oct
- Email requesting employment docs/ CPF statement: 22 Oct

Current status: Still pending updates!

Update:
Just got called for EPT on 9 Nov.

Quite odd cos I was under the impression that if you didn't hear back from them after the first email, it would automatically mean you were exempted. My O'levels grade was B3 too. Ah well T.T

Frankly not sure how this will meet their 16 Nov offer letter deadline as well :/

Bunny26

Reaction score
Update:

Quite odd cos I was under the impression that if you didn't hear back from them after the first email, it would automatically mean you were exempted. My O'levels grade was B3 too. Ah well T.T

Frankly not sure how this will meet their 16 Nov offer letter deadline as well :/

That’s odd. You mean your O levels grade was B3 for which subject, English or English Lit?

gardenofeden19

Reaction score
PGDE EPT Test

Hi everyone.

I applied for PGDE on 2nd August, asked to go down for an interview on 9th October (shortlisted for Eng/SS sec level), but so far, I have yet to receive an email from them, asking me to indicate my availability for EPT.

Could this be because I got an A2 for O levels? Just worried I am actually rejected, and hence, they didn't bother to ask me for my availability.

By the way, prior to the interview, I was told in a pdf document I would know my outcome by 16 November and be given a formal letter of appointment by 22nd December if I am successful. But I realise people who went 2 months prior to my interview date are only getting called up for medical now so I have no idea how this is going to go.

snowbunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I applied for PGDE on 2nd August, asked to go down for an interview on 9th October (shortlisted for Eng/SS sec level), but so far, I have yet to receive an email from them, asking me to indicate my availability for EPT.

Could this be because I got an A2 for O levels? Just worried I am actually rejected, and hence, they didn't bother to ask me for my availability.

By the way, prior to the interview, I was told in a pdf document I would know my outcome by 16 November and be given a formal letter of appointment by 22nd December if I am successful. But I realise people who went 2 months prior to my interview date are only getting called up for medical now so I have no idea how this is going to go.
Hi! There's a chance they just haven't gotten to you yet: the EPT slots have been very limited since they're still clearing backlogs from previous application rounds. Since your interview was only earlier this month, just hang tight and wait for updates. If you really want some confirmation, you can write back to them and ask if they're still processing your application. Likely you won't be able to start in Dec but they have also flagged February as the next potential start date for untrained teaching.

gardenofeden19

Reaction score
Hi! There's a chance they just haven't gotten to you yet: the EPT slots have been very limited since they're still clearing backlogs from previous application rounds. Since your interview was only earlier this month, just hang tight and wait for updates. If you really want some confirmation, you can write back to them and ask if they're still processing your application. Likely you won't be able to start in Dec but they have also flagged February as the next potential start date for untrained teaching.

Yes, I realised they are very backlogged in settling the applications. All I can do now is to just wait. Thanks for the reply, hope all goes well with your application :)

Nnameless

Reaction score
Update:

What are the subjects you are applying to teach? From experience, you probably won't make it to the Nov batch.

Bunny26

Reaction score
Hi all, does getting called to go for the medical checkup mean that we are most likely successful in our application?

gardenofeden19

Reaction score
Hi all, does getting called to go for the medical checkup mean that we are most likely successful in our application?

From what I have read from this thread, you are 80% likely to get the letter of offer. However, there were some instances where people got rejected after going for medical as well.

Nnameless

Reaction score

Can't say it is most likely because there are applicants that got rejected after medical too. The medical checkup is just one of the necessary process. But I can only say the next thing to look forward to is the possible offer, which might take weeks or even months to be sent to you, depending on which period they have more slots of your subjects.

gardenofeden19

Reaction score
Hello everyone..

Just wondering if those who went for interviews in the month of October received any updates? This week is going to be my fourth week since my interview and no e-mails, no updates, nothing....

curioustoknow

Reaction score
Hello,

I went for my first interview in June. Second interview on 22nd Sept, and subsequently an EPT on 28th Sept. Status still showing 'in process' till date. Anyone in the same boat/able to advice me what to do?

Reaction score
Hello,

I went for my first interview in June. Second interview on 22nd Sept, and subsequently an EPT on 28th Sept. Status still showing 'in process' till date. Anyone in the same boat/able to advice me what to do?

Hi, status doesn’t define anything. There’s many people who were “Shortlisted” on the portal and were still rejected. For now, no news is good news.

Azureil

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Applied for DipEd PE and thought i might share my weird timeline here and see if anyone is in the same or similar boat as me.

Applied on 28 May 2020
18 June - Invite for PPT
2 July - Went for PPT
6 July - PPT Results (FAILED)

Around mid-July, HR called me up saying they want to call me back for an interview and that I had to retake my PPT

29 July - Interview Email
4 Aug - Interview
14 Aug - EPT availability check
31 Aug - Updates to teaching application
14 Sep - Updates to teaching application
16 Sept - PPT Retest email
1 Oct - PPT
8 Oct - PPT Results (PASSED)
Mid-oct status changed to "Shortlisted"

So from PPT results till today, still anxiously waiting for further updates. Back in aug/sep update email stated my letter of offer should be by 16 Nov but I don't think that's happening. So yeah, for those who are also anxiously waiting, let's share the anxiousness and wait together hahah! Hopefully all goes well!

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, status doesn’t define anything. There’s many people who were “Shortlisted” on the portal and were still rejected. For now, no news is good news.

My friend's status got changed to 'shortlisted' and he went for EPT recently.

High chance of him getting in?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.