Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if she keep and misuse, then she is not your good friend. simple as that...

yes, UML accept photocopy by the way... anyway their modus operandi is they will disturb u for trial loan first and slowly try to milk u.

like that easy to scam them le
many photocopy of ic are flying out there
somemore can easy edit
if can get 1 and just apply loan..then run:s13:

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Not sure photocopy of NRIC will get you in trouble with UML.

With your NRIC, only allow them to know your address and your pic.

How will they harass you if they don't know your phone number? That is their point of entry to scam you.

How can they force loan transfer money if they don't know your bank account?

How can they harass your NOK and employer if they don't have that info too?

Unlike decades ago, personal data is harder to get especially with PDPA in place here.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Anyone have advised on what to do?

Hi, we understand about your anxiety. If you have read past examples here then those will be your answer and guide.

You should remain angry instead of fearful.

Expect them to harass you. What you need to do is not wait but to do the necessary preparation for that harassment.

Even though you should simply read past posts on the how-to, I'll repeat some.

You can minimize the impact by ghosting them. This means blocking any unknown calls or unfamiliar numbers or simply changing phone number.

Stop/block/uninstall ALL your social media accounts.

Inform your NOK and office of the scam. Show them the report. Tell them to report the police if harassment calls happens. You need them to really ignore the barrage of calls that is going to happen. Their cooperation, support and understanding is key. Don't suffer alone, we've been through it, it is stressful.

Install CCTV for a peace of mind and a detterence for the runners. Victims usually thinks these UML are a well oiled an organized like the Triads in Macau, actually they are not.

Do those steps mentioned and some others not mentioned here. It works. Your only enemy then is time. Just wait it out.

They are actually very adhoc, online crime scam based on the fact that Singaporean are easily shaken and spooked by angry calls, threatening video and runner harassment. For the fact that they use other victims as runners means they have no local presence.

We often forget how safe we are in Singapore. Land of a million CCTVs.

To add, their "contract" worth less than a used toilet paper. You are not legally binded as they are not a legal entity.

Just get ready to end this. Ghosting is key.

Last edited:
Reaction score
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...neylenders-unlicensed-ah-long-police-13220464

wow so many more was caught
i wonder how these loanshark able to earn in sg?

There is a difference between loan scam and loan shark. Scammers don't give you anything but repeatedly use fear and threats tactics to people to pay.

Lies that they are legit, persuasive conversations that trick innocent parties to park with the personal info.

Thanks to the community we have saved so many people. They are going down! The number arrested is still tip of the ice berg, they will go out once they can't get any transactions going. Let's keep up the pressure on them!

Reaction score
Hi all, I have read the posts here and realise I am also facing the same situation as most of you.

During start of Oct, I was in financial problem and seeking loan from money lender since I have full of loan from banks. Came across one money lender search from Google and WhatsApp him. Clicked in the company website and clicked on the contact me and lead me to a WhatsApp contact.

I was surprise that his interest rate is low than most of the licensed money lender. They said this is a new promotion during covid period. I asked if they are licensed money lender and they assured me they are. So I went ahead and take the loan from them. Gave them my ic photo, parents phone number and my company number. They sent me a pdf and asked me to sign, here come the tricky parts. They said their admin need to test my payment mode so they will transfer 300 to my bank. Then I need transfer 600 to them as part of admin fees too. I didn't think so much so I followed their instructions. After transferring to them, they asked me to transfer another 1.5k which will be refunded to me together with the loan amount. I was quite amused with all these hidden fees so I called up him and asked why all these hidden fees is not mentioned before I signed the pdf. Then he start explained lot of nonsense.

I decided not to transfer him the 1.5k and drag this payment. The next day, he called me to chase for the 1.5k.i feel smth is weird, as I rmb licensed money lender always deduct admin fees from the loan amount they approved. So I called up the company to check and they asked me to report police as this is a scam.

In my anger, I texted the person and ask for my 300 dollars refund if not I will report to police. He threatened me that I signed the contact, so I withdraw now then I need pay 20% of the cancellation fees of the loan amount I took. I was so angry and told him I did not want to go ahead with the loan and I will report to police. He dared me to go report to police and I done that on the same day. Police just taken down what happened but they can't do anything.

3 weeks pass, I received an unknown number call so I picked up. He addressed me in a very different way so I thought is my old lost friend called me. Chatted till halfway then realised this is the moneylender, he said he is the debt collector employed by the money lender to collect money from me. I explained to him the situation and he keep saying he want meet me to understand more. I rejected and keep explain that the money lender cheated me of the 300 dollars. Then he asked then why the money lender transfer me 300 dollars and I explained to him the money lender said they want to test my payment mode and I transferred 600 dollars back in the end. He become impatient and keep asking where am I and he want to meet me to talk. So I tell him I will call my IO to ask what to do. Then he become even more piss saying why I report police and why I need to listen to IO. If IO ask me eat **** then I eat ****?

While on the phone with my IO, he called again using unknown number and I reject the call 3 times and he stopped calling.

Now I am worry of the harressment to my work office and parent since they have the detail.I did not receive the loan amount and instead I am scammed by 300 dollars by them.

Now my question is, since I did not take any loan amount from them(instead I was tricked to give them 300 dollars) . They will really send runner down to spray paint or call up my parent and workplace? They also have my signature on the loan contact although the contact does not have their company stamp.

Lies, threats, harassment, ignore them all! Let your family, office know you have been scammed. Brace for any harassment but get on with your life. If they even strike in physical harassment, file police report asap! Pass all evidence to police so that can catch them. And last but not least, DO NOT PAY!

For bank loan help, talk to Credit counselling service, as long you got job and income, can be worked out. Don't run from it, the faster you deal with it the better!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can anybody advice? I've involved in around 6 stalls and after paying around 3-4 deferments, decided to ghost them all completely and make police report. Inform my NOK and they are quite supportive about it. Now my worries is more to when they decide to strike down to my unit and disturb my neighbour. Haven't inform them regarding this. And also as I put my employer number which I finished my contract last week, it seems they have inform my ex employer regarding me ghosting them. As I'm afraid and ashamed to deal with the issue I decided to ghost my ex employer also(I know it's wrong). Do you think my ex employer will make this matter big as eventhough I'm not working with them alr and never visit my unit before as I am only under contract and working with them for 3 months. I am too ashamed to face them if they ever decide to come visit me

Don't be ashamed or guilty, you have been scammed. These scammers exploited you when you were vunerable. Move on! Get on with your life! As for ex employer, it's already past, move on!

Last edited:

makiiko

Reaction score
Hi all, I have read the posts here and realise I am also facing the same situation as most of you.

During start of Oct, I was in financial problem and seeking loan from money lender since I have full of loan from banks. Came across one money lender search from Google and WhatsApp him. Clicked in the company website and clicked on the contact me and lead me to a WhatsApp contact.

I was surprise that his interest rate is low than most of the licensed money lender. They said this is a new promotion during covid period. I asked if they are licensed money lender and they assured me they are. So I went ahead and take the loan from them. Gave them my ic photo, parents phone number and my company number. They sent me a pdf and asked me to sign, here come the tricky parts. They said their admin need to test my payment mode so they will transfer 300 to my bank. Then I need transfer 600 to them as part of admin fees too. I didn't think so much so I followed their instructions. After transferring to them, they asked me to transfer another 1.5k which will be refunded to me together with the loan amount. I was quite amused with all these hidden fees so I called up him and asked why all these hidden fees is not mentioned before I signed the pdf. Then he start explained lot of nonsense.

I decided not to transfer him the 1.5k and drag this payment. The next day, he called me to chase for the 1.5k.i feel smth is weird, as I rmb licensed money lender always deduct admin fees from the loan amount they approved. So I called up the company to check and they asked me to report police as this is a scam.

In my anger, I texted the person and ask for my 300 dollars refund if not I will report to police. He threatened me that I signed the contact, so I withdraw now then I need pay 20% of the cancellation fees of the loan amount I took. I was so angry and told him I did not want to go ahead with the loan and I will report to police. He dared me to go report to police and I done that on the same day. Police just taken down what happened but they can't do anything.

3 weeks pass, I received an unknown number call so I picked up. He addressed me in a very different way so I thought is my old lost friend called me. Chatted till halfway then realised this is the moneylender, he said he is the debt collector employed by the money lender to collect money from me. I explained to him the situation and he keep saying he want meet me to understand more. I rejected and keep explain that the money lender cheated me of the 300 dollars. Then he asked then why the money lender transfer me 300 dollars and I explained to him the money lender said they want to test my payment mode and I transferred 600 dollars back in the end. He become impatient and keep asking where am I and he want to meet me to talk. So I tell him I will call my IO to ask what to do. Then he become even more piss saying why I report police and why I need to listen to IO. If IO ask me eat **** then I eat ****?

While on the phone with my IO, he called again using unknown number and I reject the call 3 times and he stopped calling.

Now I am worry of the harressment to my work office and parent since they have the detail.I did not receive the loan amount and instead I am scammed by 300 dollars by them.

Now my question is, since I did not take any loan amount from them(instead I was tricked to give them 300 dollars) . They will really send runner down to spray paint or call up my parent and workplace? They also have my signature on the loan contact although the contact does not have their company stamp.

I got the same issue. When they asked for the second deposit. I was furious and i started scolding and say i will not pay any single cents to them. After that 3 different person called me. I scolded all of them and ignored their text/messages. Just ignore them, u never owe them money, dont be scare

green72

Reaction score
They never cone to your house put lock?

It's beyond your control if they want to send runners to do all sort of things.

What is in your control is to report and call 999 to seek immediate assistance upon being harassed by runners to your unit.

It is in your control to stop harassment calls and messages by ghosting yourself including go stealth on social media.

Also, it is in your control not to pay them.

Assist the police by installing cctv and providing ALL information asap when harassed.

Stop dwelling on what they are going to do next. Do what you need to do first pre emptively before they start.

We collectively must starve them of funds to make them die off.

Last edited:

Ana1973

Reaction score
Hi,

Im having the same situation with yours. But mine i lost more than $300. It has been 2 weeks now and they started to send email to my co. And i dont know where they get my home no. Starting to call my hse.

These i**ots dunno what they want. Took money from me yet still got to cheek to say to pay up my loan.

These syndicates are so pathetic pain in the a**.

green72

Reaction score
These i**ots dunno what they want. Took money from me yet still got to cheek to say to pay up my loan.

These syndicates are so pathetic pain in the a**.

This happens because of no or little awareness, even though SPF and other Government bodies including certain NGOs, trying their best to educate the public.

And why it's easy to find victims is because we are easily spook to threats and harassment once scammed.

As long as it is unlicensed, you are not obligated to make any repayment.

Keep your moral responsibility in the drawer when it comes to make good/honour on the repayment to these scoundrels.

They are out to do whatever way possible to make you pay, including being dishonest and inhumane.

They have no moral standing. Money is their god and people like us are their cow to slaughter.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
I not afraid they harass me. I only concern they harass my company. Then I will lose my job. I know some they call up the company or even send email to the company. How do they get our company email?

They can google general info of your workplace. They can even call your workplace to ask abt such info.

That's why as workers, we must be knowledgeable in securing such info in the workplace. My workplace has yearly security audit and online based IT security training for all even though my company is not an IT company and most of us use computers only for emails. They ((IT Dept) will purposely spam email us to see how we respond.

They (UML) can pretend to be the bank and ask for personal data from your colleague about you.

If you have not inform your office of the harassment, please do so before the harassment happens and your co-workers and employer paint a negative image of you. Better be upfront and show them that you are the victim first and foremost.

Last edited:

LEONGSC91

Reaction score
Can I know how stubborn these UML/Scammer are? Because they took 3 weeks since they scammed my money to call me the first time. On the same day, I told them I am under investigation with the police for this case. They seem to stopped calling me almost a week.

Shoniah

Reaction score
Can I know how stubborn these UML/Scammer are? Because they took 3 weeks since they scammed my money to call me the first time. On the same day, I told them I am under investigation with the police for this case. They seem to stopped calling me almost a week.

I thought they not scared of police lol

Suitelife11

Reaction score
I thought they not scared of police lol

Of course they are not scared of police. They are not the one to do the physical harassment also. Just a bunch of cowards hiding somewhere oversea and behind their computer screen only.

Last edited:

Suitelife11

Reaction score

Just install CCTV and ask them to send runner down. Then once runner arrested by SPF they have to spend money recruit new runners and will stop harassing you already. Losing business.

DON'T PAY THEM.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just install CCTV and ask them to send runner down. Then once runner arrested by SPF they have to spend money recruit new runners and will stop harassing you already. Losing business.

DON'T PAY THEM.
Actually even if u dont have cctv
The cctv in the lift. Lift lobby and all entrance to staircase at level 1 by spf is enough to catch them
U just need to estimate the time to help the police

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Actually even if u dont have cctv
The cctv in the lift. Lift lobby and all entrance to staircase at level 1 by spf is enough to catch them
U just need to estimate the time to help the police

Put cctv better. So that the runners can be arrested more faster. Plus with cctv around also quite fun actually.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.