The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

origamii

Reaction score
not if u bought one that was manufactured recently. anyway b450 stocks are pretty low locally, and the tomahawk has long been oos, will likely stay that way.

those purchasing do take note on the box itself that says AMD Ryzen 3000 Ready

jerome9731

Reaction score
Managed to get a 3600 for $247 and a Gigabyte b550i for $250
great saving!:s12::s12:
use camelcamelcamel to get a email notification when price drop
https://ibb.co/DLrWBz4
DLrWBz4

junkai21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi Guy, yesterday i got hold of a Ryzen 5950X.

Assembled everything, updated bios so that it could support 5950x and strangely im getting random reboots after OS installation (random crashes starts after first reboot). The BSOD appears to be WHEA Uncorrectable Error. Ive tried plugging out all SATA drives and left the M2 sitting in, reinstalled Windows 10 and it and its still crashing and self rebooting every other minute.

My specs are Ryzen 5950X

Asus Strix X570 Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming

SAMSUNG EVO 970 PLUS 1TB NVME M.2 SSD

64 gigs kit, G-Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz

Im utterly lost. Does anyone have similar problem?

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score

Assembled everything, updated bios so that it could support 5950x and strangely im getting random reboots after OS installation (random crashes starts after first reboot). The BSOD appears to be WHEA Uncorrectable Error. Ive tried plugging out all SATA drives and left the M2 sitting in, reinstalled Windows 10 and it and its still crashing and self rebooting every other minute.

My specs are Ryzen 5950X

Asus Strix X570 Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming

SAMSUNG EVO 970 PLUS 1TB NVME M.2 SSD

64 gigs kit, G-Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz

Im utterly lost. Does anyone have similar problem?

have u tried resetting bios? are u also able to boot to bios without crashing? u could also try using 2 sticks of ram (im assuming u have 4) at non xmp speeds.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Assembled everything, updated bios so that it could support 5950x and strangely im getting random reboots ...
Usual Ryzen Early Adopter Syndrome or FineWine Syndrome.

Gone through similar circumstances with every single new generation of Ryzen chips. So got to either,
1. be patient and wait for improvements eg. new BIOS etc... and things usually get better over time.
2. If you are more gungho, some say the latest beta BIOS versions with PBS Fmax Enhancer feature fixed their random idle reboots so you may want to check if your mobo has this.

GL

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.