Apple Announces November 10 Event, Apple Silicon Macs Expected to Debut

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/02/apple-november-event/

8OPJchN.jpg

Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
2 MacBooks with silicon chips and airtags based on rumours

MacBooks for sure given the AR logo which flips up and down as though you are using the MacBook

I wish MacBook will have touch screen, but no, that would be too iPad like

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Aiming for the refresh MacBook Pro 16”. But kinda disappointed that it is arm based?

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiming for the refresh MacBook Pro 16”. But kinda disappointed that it is arm based?

Think there will be 2 13” this time. A14 based.

I always wondered why the iPhone can export video much faster than MacBook. This will probably change with the new MacBook. Very frustrating to see how slow the export is on MacBook Pro

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

why disappointed? Arm based will likely smoke Intel performance + better batt life. patiently waiting to change my 8yr old MBA.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
why disappointed? Arm based will likely smoke Intel performance + better batt life. patiently waiting to change my 8yr old MBA.
battery life for sure~

but hor the compatibility of the apps not sure how it will impact battery especially when they are running maybe an emulation of the environment~?

then bootcamp (not that i need anyways) will probably be gone.

yes. everything on papers is perfect.. but you see Microsoft couldnt do it with their Surface X series (or whatever i cant catch up with their naming) i am not sure Apple can make the transition. (given they did succeed 2x already but it was not that smooth)

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
battery life for sure~

but hor the compatibility of the apps not sure how it will impact battery especially when they are running maybe an emulation of the environment~?

yes. everything on papers is perfect.. but you see Microsoft couldnt do it with their Surface X series (or whatever i cant catch up with their naming) i am not sure Apple can make the transition. (given they did succeed 2x already but it was not that smooth)

Microsoft worked with Qualcomm. seems like Qualcomm is at least 2 gen behind 's A-series chips n Rosetta 2 won't be a real time translator like e original Rosetta was. Rosetta 2 translates at install time. that is a big difference.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Microsoft worked with Qualcomm. seems like Qualcomm is at least 2 gen behind 's A-series chips n Rosetta 2 won't be a real time translator like e original Rosetta was. Rosetta 2 translates at install time. that is a big difference.
uh... shall see. i think it's not that straight forward.

they planning the transition to be 2-years.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
battery life for sure~

well i guess that's the future

yeowboon

Reaction score
Funny how ppl still think that iPad Pro is gonna get a new update every time Apple do a product launch lol. Their last version of IPP is still selling like hot and fyi

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
uh... shall see. i think it's not that straight forward.

they planning the transition to be 2-years.

there will definitively be a transition period. but this shud be shorter than when they went PowerPC to Intel.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
there will definitively be a transition period. but this shud be shorter than when they went PowerPC to Intel.

Frankly speaking, Mac doesn’t have many very good apps. All they need to do is to make sure those apps continue to run well.

But the transition allows a massive number of iPad apps to be used on mac. That’s huge

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
battery life for sure~

Yes, many apps will not be able to run for example, native WhatsApp and Dropbox.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.