The Watch Thread - Part 16

NobleGrp

Reaction score
My thought process, if I were in your shoes:

1) Is the watch keeping good time? Not needed to be within COSC, but it should not be running in a faulty manner (i.e. worse than a Seiko's rated specs). If YES, suggest not to service. If NO, suggest to service.

2) Why #1? Because it is one thing to sell a watch that needs servicing to reach COSC standards, it is another thing to sell a watch that is running in a faulty manner. The first, I think any normal/rational buyer that isn't too picky would not bother. The second, EVERYONE would be mighty pissed if they now have to send in the watch for it to work normally, and there is also no way to check on this prior to the purchase. Alternatively, you could price it lower in recognition of the need for service, but this will turn off many potential buyers because this could mean that their cost could range from a simple servicing to a massive overhaul. They are now taking a lot of risk. The funny thing is that even if it is running OK, the watch could break down the next day and they would face the same risk. But that's just human mentality for you.

3) If you service, you will definitely want to pass on the costs to the buyer. If everything seems OK, and your watch is not that old anyways, why bother? Leave the choice to the buyer. You also reduce your pool of potential buyers by jacking up the price right away.

4) Lowballers will just lowball, nitpicking at servicing (or lack thereof) is just one of their many tools. As a friend once said, all you need is that ONE willing buyer.

Hi bro, thank you for your great reply. Currently, the watch is keeping good time and it’s also under warranty by Rolex till Sept 2021. I guess it won’t be worth the service and not even the polish. If I were to sell I guess I would just leave it up to the buyer if he/she wants to get it polished up. I’ll probably add a very slight discount too to factor in the price of polishing.

Anyway thanks for your reply and I will definitely consider all options carefully.

arc13

Reaction score
LbgwqOI.jpg

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qv8IVkT.jpg

Finally got my hands on some Eulit perlons - verdict, they are Perlon, cannot expect some magical soft and ultra smooth (read: non-scratchy) feel on wrist. But the build quality is just much, much better than the standard cheap stuff that I've tried in the past, so I think this is an advantage when it comes to comfort - over time, the perlon should break in and last long enough to do so. Most cheap perlons will just start fraying falling apart after a few wears.

This is nice and very unique too

shallow

Reaction score
Hi all, where can I get the best deal for smp300 brand new? What price can I expect after discount or can I even ask for discount? Looking at the black dial black bezel insert.

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
s13oX3M.jpg

Sell and get Willard? :s22:

thought u not keen on willard?

the price point of this black turtle seems to be dropping abit liao. i think can consider getting the 6R35 movement willard.

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
thought u not keen on willard?

the price point of this black turtle seems to be dropping abit liao. i think can consider getting the 6R35 movement willard.

Will only keep one turtle so its either this or willard

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will only keep one turtle so its either this or willard

2 very different looks.

so really depends on yourself which look u prefer. for me probably i will drop the srpc49 for the blue willard.

shallow

Reaction score
Hi all, where can I get the best deal for smp300 brand new? What price can I expect after discount or can I even ask for discount? Looking at the black dial black bezel insert.

Anybody?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.