Apple Event — 11 Nov, 2AM SGT.  Silicon Macs Expected to Debut

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
worth to let go my 15 pro 2016 touchbar for the new air 13 16gb? usually plug on as external monitor use. :)

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
worth to let go my 15 pro 2016 touchbar for the new air 13 16gb? usually plug on as external monitor use. :)

Is your typical usage heavy? Example photo/video editing and stuffs like that? If not, the Air should suffice.

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is your typical usage heavy? Example photo/video editing and stuffs like that? If not, the Air should suffice.
alright, thanks for ur input. ill wait for the reviews first. m1 chip seems like a game changer.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alright, thanks for ur input. ill wait for the reviews first. m1 chip seems like a game changer.

I’m really looking into this as my current 2015 15” MBP is starting to break down. If it can easily support my Lightroom usage, it’s the choice to be.

Yes reviews first. :D

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question....

If I buy the 13” M1 MBP at Apple Store (when it’s avail) and tell them I wish to upgrade to 16GB RAM, will also be like a 2 week wait due to customisation?

You mean in physical Apple store? I don’t think u can go physical Apple store for that. U will still have to buy it online.

In the initial days the wait might be longer cause they maybe fulfilling a lot of demand, somemore there’s customisation which takes even longer.

But maybe after sometime it should be faster.

ksksksks

Reaction score

Pro should be better =:p
I can’t take the feather weight of the air, doesn’t feel premium at all.

Going to replace a 2014 15’ mb pro for me

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean in physical Apple store? I don’t think u can go physical Apple store for that. U will still have to buy it online.

In the initial days the wait might be longer cause they maybe fulfilling a lot of demand, somemore there’s customisation which takes even longer.

But maybe after sometime it should be faster.

I mean when physical sets are available in stores. 8GB RAM is still a bit low and not sufficient for my Lightroom editing.

Maybe I'll hold out a little while once it's more stabilised but hope my current MBP can tahan till then haha.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all the macs available for sale in-store are all the base models. for customisation, better to do it online.

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pro should be better =:p
I can’t take the feather weight of the air, doesn’t feel premium at all.

Going to replace a 2014 15’ mb pro for me

Either mini or air I’m not sure which to get. Mini seems value for $. Air worried bout the lack of fan unable to achieve max performance of m1 chip :(

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either mini or air I’m not sure which to get. Mini seems value for $. Air worried bout the lack of fan unable to achieve max performance of m1 chip :(

If you don’t need portability then mini makes sense

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i also waiting for the mini from the online store to be avail.

idk why the select button grey out :(

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mac mini is really worth it. i'm using the 2018 mac mini and very happy with it. but mine got 4 usb-c ports, while the new one has 2 only, but should suffice imo.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mac mini is really worth it. i'm using the 2018 mac mini and very happy with it. but mine got 4 usb-c ports, while the new one has 2 only, but should suffice imo.

ya especially those who got buy those usb docks.

freshsoapsmell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moi buy space grey mbp liao. jin sexcited.

delivery next thursday/friday, quite long sioh.

fmradio

Reaction score
Zzz where is the mini .... read app support isn’t great still need to use what emulator. A lot of media giant don’t support M1 chip I think quite jialat

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/11/10/ios-apps-can-run-on-apples-new-apple-silicon-macs/amp/

But can install iOS apps lol

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.