Subwoofer recommendation

mrhello

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Monitor Audio RXW-12 subwoofer ($1400 like 9 years ago) died.

Any recommended subwoofer to replace and what are good places to buy subwoofers in Singapore? Or any subwoofer threads? Mainly for watching movies. Thanks.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
SVS PB2000 Pro available from SVS distributor KEC at Adelphi.

If u find it too big or prefer sealed subwoofer then can browse their smaller or sealed models like SVS SB2000 Pro. Can check Lazada for pricing under same distributor.

Another good brand to try is Rhythmik. Google for local distributor.

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
REL can't handle movies lah......always break down one.....just ask Kingsley.....

Who is Kingsley? Source to educate?

I am not finding articles to call them bad, maybe more famous for music I think their home theater line is new.
https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/rel-serie-ht

Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
If me, I'll recommend SVS too.

Currently, there's a promotion to get the SVS SB2000 Pro along with a 2020 Marantz receiver or with a 2020 Denon X3700H. Looks like a good deal to introduce someone to the HiFi world while at the same time, getting one of the best oomph out of the speakers you can get at that price.
https://www.facebook.com/KECsoundandvision/posts/3499289586815441

Do consider the brands that are being recommended by others too. If you can have a listen to the subwoofers within your budget, that will be great too.

For YouTube and article reviews, I highly recommend Audioholics. Very objective guy. He lets the readings speak for itself.

Last edited:

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone has experience with the SVS PB1000 PRO and the Klipsch SPL-120?

dreamaurora

Reaction score
Hi, anyone has experience with the SVS PB1000 PRO and the Klipsch SPL-120?

Both of them are fine subwoofers, you won't go wrong with them. You should audition them personally to see if they would fit your musical preference. SVS and Rel are standard recommendations for audiophile subwoofers, but there are other brands that produce excellent subwoofers too in 1K-2K range like Earthquake, Cabasse, Paradigm, JL Audio and Velodyne.

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm quite limited by the selection due to design of my console.
1. Max width 380mm
2. Front firing and front port

Both points above must be met.

RiotZ

Reaction score
I'm quite limited by the selection due to design of my console.
1. Max width 380mm
2. Front firing and front port

Both points above must be met.

Check out SVS SB-1000 Pro.
I am enjoying mine. Fantastic little sub

Reaction score
Both of them are fine subwoofers, you won't go wrong with them. You should audition them personally to see if they would fit your musical preference. SVS and Rel are standard recommendations for audiophile subwoofers, but there are other brands that produce excellent subwoofers too in 1K-2K range like Earthquake, Cabasse, Paradigm, JL Audio and Velodyne.

REL = overpriced and break down easily for movies............las time, Kingsley used to get customers sending their REL subs for repair on a daily basis............

Paradigm = crazy pricing locally

Cabasse = got to get the big ones for movies

dreamaurora

Reaction score
REL = overpriced and break down easily for movies............las time, Kingsley used to get customers sending their REL subs for repair on a daily basis............

Paradigm = crazy pricing locally

Cabasse = got to get the big ones for movies
1k to 2k Cabasse can get the big 21 or 25 cm one. I use 21 cm one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.