The Watch Thread - Part 16

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestion ! I should says luxury Swiss watches lol. Bring car term over here is my bad .

Let’s says I can do without skeleton, what are the brands I can go for ? I know Rolex / Omega is never go wrong but I decided to go for other brands .

I would want someone to notice my watch and be a “conversation starter “ for any social gathering if there are any .

Any recommendation on where to make my purchases ?

I seen Edmw lots of Bbfa terms lol so just use it .

the below is my personal view, one man's meat can be another man's poison, so read with a pinch of salt okie :D

agree with cyrenic, if you want a good and conversation starter watch, the KC is your best bet.

it'll depend on the group of friends you are with, but nowadays, wearing a Rolex will at most get you a "Wah, Rolex ah, how much you buy?" kinda speech.

but with the KC, they will go one step further and ask "how to tell the time sia" and so-on and so forth.

the Zenith Skeletons are also nice, surely a conversation starter. :o

j4jersey.

Master Member
Reaction score
GS.

definitely a conversation starter kinda watch.

"eh, why did you throw so much money on a seiko?"

That's legit lol, I got a rolex siao aquintence telling me he can't understand why people will spend so much on a 'seiko' haha

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to wear a black color $100+ watches , and some of my colleagues and even friends commented is nice. it start up the convo, so ultimately i still think stil depends on person.
oh its a quartz :D

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's legit lol, I got a rolex siao aquintence telling me he can't understand why people will spend so much on a 'seiko' haha

or this gshock?
sgd10,000++++

img02.jpg

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for watch regulation service? My new spb143 is about +30 second per day now. A bit too much. Need to adjust the time after every few days.
I asked uncle Goh from K2 before , but he suggest to bring back to Thongsia because he don’t want to open the caseback of new watch. A bit reluctant to bring to TS because have to leave it there and come another day. Saw skywatch at chinatown have this service, anybody try there?

I don’t expect it to have accuracy like cosc movement. At least +/-10 spd enough for me. Even my other 200$ 7s26 seiko 5 have better accuracy than this 6r35.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for watch regulation service? My new spb143 is about +30 second per day now. A bit too much. Need to adjust the time after every few days.
I asked uncle Goh from K2 before , but he suggest to bring back to Thongsia because he don’t want to open the caseback of new watch. A bit reluctant to bring to TS because have to leave it there and come another day. Saw skywatch at chinatown have this service, anybody try there?

I don’t expect it to have accuracy like cosc movement. At least +/-10 spd enough for me. Even my other 200$ 7s26 seiko 5 have better accuracy than this 6r35.
Try the following shop?
RRAFOKvl.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. People park quite convenient from my place. Will drop down this few days.

Icyclouds

Reaction score
Thanks all . I am zooming down on Zenith , Hublot and Ulysse . I can top up if it’s required .

Next question where do u guys hoot your watches ? Seems no one shared with me here . If it’s a trade secret can pm me where you guys buy it ?

Edit : KC is tempting . It defines rebel . It embraces the dark . However is there any shop carrying it ?

Last edited:

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to wear a black color $100+ watches , and some of my colleagues and even friends commented is nice. it start up the convo, so ultimately i still think stil depends on person.
oh its a quartz :D

Sometimes design matters more than the brand

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes design matters more than the brand

I agree. or rather, if its not a popular brand and its nice, people will ask u more about it and ask to take a look.

but if you are wearing a 50k-100k+ watch, some ppl will shy/dont wanan go ask more about it ..

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure hope he doesn't mind if his company hire ang moh and pay them double to do the same exact scope and tell him that they won't spend so much on Sinkie..

Good watch is good watch. People pay for a mixture of factors..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all . I am zooming down on Zenith , Hublot and Ulysse . I can top up if it’s required .

Next question where do u guys hoot your watches ? Seems no one shared with me here . If it’s a trade secret can pm me where you guys buy it ?

Edit : KC is tempting . It defines rebel . It embraces the dark . However is there any shop carrying it ?

zenith > UN and Hublot.

go to any AD, walk in, ask for discount (15-20%), take out credit card, sign, go home. settled

buy the zenith open work defy ceramic, less than 9k
conti watch
in house
self winding
ceramic case
skeleton
comfortable rubber strap for all occassion.

Zenith-Defy-Classic-Black-Ceramic-6.jpg

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hmmmm, of the above 3 brands... only 1 got chance for conversation starter wor. Cost around $21k before discount, if got 20% will bring it down to $16k+

https://www.ulysse-nardin.com/row_en/2303-270-03.html

Watches_950x950_2303-270_00.png

Watches_950x950_2303-270_03.png

Ulysse-Nardin-Freak-Vision-Watch-19.jpg

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestion ! I should says luxury Swiss watches lol. Bring car term over here is my bad .

Let’s says I can do without skeleton, what are the brands I can go for ? I know Rolex / Omega is never go wrong but I decided to go for other brands .

I would want someone to notice my watch and be a “conversation starter “ for any social gathering if there are any .

Any recommendation on where to make my purchases ?

I seen Edmw lots of Bbfa terms lol so just use it .

Gshock GA2100 with AP mod. Less than 400. Can throw your watch on the floor without feeling the heart pain. Watches dont have to be expensive to be a conversation starter.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.