Malaysia prepaid card

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine digi... i thinking whether is it worth to spend the money to extend or just keep top up. at least top up money still there but extend is just minus off lei. though i got use extend also for 30 days kind to use abit of money if not later my card become 100rm inside.:s13:

sian duno when can go in... i wan go massage!! :o

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me just donate rm25 extend 1 yr haha
That's a way to just throw in the $ and not have to think about it for a whole year. That amount isn't enough to pay for a McD meal here, anyway.

mine digi... i thinking whether is it worth to spend the money to extend or just keep top up. at least top up money still there but extend is just minus off lei. though i got use extend also for 30 days kind to use abit of money if not later my card become 100rm inside.:s13:

sian duno when can go in... i wan go massage!! :o
Don't remind me... I should be in Melaka this time of the year. :(

Anyway, with the present situation, we'll still not be able to go over by the time the RM1 1-day active renewal's grace period is up.

Even if you want to pump RM100 in one shot (which you don't), I doubt that the line will still be active when we're allowed to cross the border...

Personally, I'd either use the RM1 1-day active method, or if your line is the very old Digi Best then RM38 365-day active one.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's a way to just throw in the $ and not have to think about it for a whole year. That amount isn't enough to pay for a McD meal here, anyway.

Anyway, with the present situation, we'll still not be able to go over by the time the RM1 1-day active renewal's grace period is up.

Even if you want to pump RM100 in one shot (which you don't), I doubt that the line will still be active when we're allowed to cross the border...

Personally, I'd either use the RM1 1-day active method, or if your line is the very old Digi Best then RM38 365-day active one.

now FB IG many memories pop up
this time of the year we should be packing luggage n counting down to vocation during schoool holidays

ya..........just donate it to extend...else what to do wif balance inside XOX lolxxx
AIS /china mobile card also just donated
simpati i gave up first

hope the jink RAT year faster go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hot2002

Reaction score
Hi,

For celcom pre-paid, I used to be able to buy 1 day validity extension via the apps. This helps to keep the account active. Need to do this every 50 days

But I can’t find the 1 day validity extension now. Any idea on this ? Thanks !

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mine digibest. think is 75days b4 gena cancel if fail to be active right? so i try to topup / extend after every topup/extend due. feel abit tired liao. ha. but i cannot do without internet if i go over(when we are allowed to go) my thailand card also.. tired of topping up liao then worry if forgot sometime i try to use the money to extend also
my mum tell me lucky she no renew her passport if not waste money. lol. her passport was due for expire in mar 2020 n was sent letter to renew in 2019

boonkang

Reaction score
For celcom pre-paid, I used to be able to buy 1 day validity extension via the apps. This helps to keep the account active. Need to do this every 50 days

On my Digi Live prepaid -- I buy RM1 1day validity by dialing USSD code *128#
(Yes, can access USSD menu on Digi prepaid when in Singapore.)

I no need to use the Digi mobile app -- when buying RM1 1day validity for my Digi Live prepaid.

Not sure about Celcom prepaid -- but if I'm not wrong, you can access USSD menu on Celcom prepaid by dialing *118#

Each time I buy RM1 1day validity on my Digi Live prepaid -- the Digi prepaid SIM is kept alive for another 90days:

* 1day validity + followed by another 90days passive/grace period
(Grace period for Digi Live prepaid is 90days, while grace period for Dig Best prepaid is 75days.)

One day before next grace period ends -- I buy RM1 1day validity again -- and the above cycle repeats :)
(If got just RM5 balance -- can keep the Digi Live prepaid alive for 5 x 90days = 450days -- i.e. more than 1yr 2mths.)

No need to top up at all -- when buying RM1 1day validity on Digi prepaid -- unless prepaid balance falls below RM1.

Currently I still have about RM16+ balance on my Digi Live prepaid.

So without doing any top up -- should be able to keep my Digi Live prepaid alive -- till last 3mths of 2024 :)

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been doing it via SMS to 28882.

Send 1DAY to 28882, then it'll reply for you to enter YES 1DAY to confirm.

Hot2002

Reaction score
I've been doing it via SMS to 28882.

Send 1DAY to 28882, then it'll reply for you to enter YES 1DAY to confirm.

Hi bro,

It works liked a charm! Thanks so much! This method confirm better than the apps. Quite frustrating to use the apps

sbl2560

Reaction score
Celcom Xpax has similar function like Digi.

Type "1day" and send to "28882"

Celcom will send a message "U have requested to purchase 1day validity @RM1. To proceed, send YES 1DAY to 28882"

Therefore, the line will have 1 day validity and 40 days of grace period.

Validity can be extended either by reload if account has no credit or use existing credit to buy validity which is at RM1 per day.

As for internet, Celcom charged RM3 for 1GB if you are staying in Malaysia for 1 day. For 1day plan, Celcom won't auto renew. Only weekly or monthly internet plan will auto renew.

So total is RM4 for 1 day trip in Malaysia. The 1day internet plan can be purchased on Xpax app.

As above is my own personal experience. More info on their website.

Can anyone help to answer that this method of sending sms 1DAY to 28882 for Celcom, does reset the grace period of 50 days, without the need to reload?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help to answer that this method of sending sms 1DAY to 28882 for Celcom, does reset the grace period of 50 days, without the need to reload?

That's what I've been doing. Of course, you'll still have to ensure the credit balance is enough for the RM1 deduction each time.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is still holding on to a Hotlink SIM card (not the old Hotlink Bagus plan), and waiting for Validity365 to return.

(No flaming, please. I know there're many other options out there, but it's just a matter of personal choice and usage pattern. Just sharing/discussing here; I'm just another user.)

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is still holding on to a Hotlink SIM card (not the old Hotlink Bagus plan), and waiting for Validity365 to return.

(No flaming, please. I know there're many other options out there, but it's just a matter of personal choice and usage pattern. Just sharing/discussing here; I'm just another user.)

Me. I am still holding on to the tablet plan which was converted to the new hotlink plan. Luckily i still have 1 old hotlink plan sim.

So what i did was to transfer credits between the 2 Sims. Then when the old plan about to expire pay for 365.

So yes. I wish 365 is made available to new plans...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.