Wireless IP Camera thread

Reechet

Reaction score
Soon I will be giving up Sineoji...... it's really hopeless ! :mad:
Just changed to Samsung Endurance Plus SD Card (thinking that it may be the SD Card problem) BUT same problem of random skipping of recording remains..... and the viewing angle changes itself like it's being possessed *facepalm*

Hot2002

Reaction score
Soon I will be giving up Sineoji...... it's really hopeless ! :mad:
Just changed to Samsung Endurance Plus SD Card (thinking that it may be the SD Card problem) BUT same problem of random skipping of recording remains..... and the viewing angle changes itself like it's being possessed *facepalm*

Which model are u using ? The 8xx series ?

CaressOfVenus

Reaction score
Just had requirement for ip cam as getting a helper soon. I see Singtel have a monthly $9 ip cam service using samsung camera. Is it better to just subscribe to such service or set up camera myself?

Think my requirements should be quite basic.

more than one device able to view live video and recordings at same time from outside.

HD and able to remotely pan camera

voice recording is bonus

Slamdol

Reaction score
Does anyone knows how to configure tinycam pro with foscam ? I am stuck at the ddns portion with the port number.

When I entered the ddns address with the port number on a web browser, I can access the cam. However, I entered the same ddns address with the port in Tinycam app, I cannot access. What could have gone wrong ?

Yeah im interested to know too

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some help regarding vstarcam. Tried logging in to the cam using EYE4 app with iphone and android using wifi but it always say connecting to device. If i use mobile data to connect, it will always connect. Anyone knows how to rectify this issue?

reset cam n delete app n re-install

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Is there any other apps to use other than Eye4 for Vstarcams? The recent update of the app is not pushing notifications for me.

Tried resetting the camera and reinstall the app but still no notifications.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, any camera can record and save on SD only upon motion detection?

Definitely there are. Foscam has such models. I used them before and saving images into a SD card.

Now I am using a Wyze camera.

My suggestion is for you to move to cloud based cameras.

Selv4m

Reaction score
Sineoji to Synology NAS

Hi Experts,

Seeking a little help here. I'm using Sineoji PT 528V which works perfectly and recording to SD card. However, I'm using Synology NAS at home and trying to connect the Sineoji to Surveilance station and it's not detecting the camera when using IP address. Is it possible to connect the cam? Appreciate if someone can shed light. Thanks a million in advance.

Tyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am using Synology NAS with 3 x Vstarcam ip cam with no issues. The configuration might be the one that is affecting the whole setup. I am not familar with Sineoji ip camera, but I believe you need to have your user id and password too.

unlimitedz

Reaction score
Hi Seniors... so the most popular IP camera now is Wyze? I only c Lazada n Shopee selling... (no warranty right??) v2 is better to get? Have trouble with current Sineoji app.. thinking to switch over..

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Seniors... so the most popular IP camera now is Wyze? I only c Lazada n Shopee selling... (no warranty right??) v2 is better to get? Have trouble with current Sineoji app.. thinking to switch over..

Cheapest is if you can get someone to buy direct from US.

Otherwise just buy from Lazada or Shopee. I remember seeing warranty offered by the shops. Do read their coverage.

NIC

Reaction score
Thinking of getting Sineoji PT818V.
Does the camera have any major issues?

any other recommendation with similar specifications?
Prefer non cloud base.

Last edited:

fir_nev

Reaction score
Anybody here using the latest AMCREST cameras? I am still using the old IP3M-941B model.

Desmond:

Reaction score
Got 3x Sineoji Camera (818 and 816) for the Household. When I checked back the recording, I find that certain recordings are skipped. Sometime, the camera will reboot by itself and the viewing angle will be looking elsewhere. And sometime it shows weird recording date (eg. 1970-01-01)

Dean said that it could be my Asus AC88U router rebooting but I don't think that that's the case - because all the 3 cameras will reboot (or skipped recording) at DIFFERENT time (and not all at once at the same time).

I have -
1) Changed to new SANDISK SD card (128gb);
2) Tried connecting via LAN;
3) Reformat SD Card;
4) Bought new SD Card (Samsung Endurance Pro)
5) Factory Reset;
6) Updated Firmware;
7) Replace Router (Asus)

BUT the problem remains and occurs often.

It's damn frustrating and unreliable to use it as a security camera.

Anyone experience the same or could suggest fix to it ?

Hi Reechet, any solutions you found? I am experiencing similar issues with the occasional reboot and reset of CCTV angles from time to time, could be well for a few days and then suddenly it will happen. Sometimes isolated (1 cam) and at times all cams (5, yes I got five of them :s22:) Hoping someone can link the process to try the port forwarding method. Tried searching but not much results. Thanks in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.