Sofa - Half vs. Full Leather

Reaction score
Hello peeps.

Currently wifey and I are surveying for sofas and a salesman from a furniture shop advised to save cost by getting a half leather sofa.

Only the touch points (e.g. the seat, armrest, headrest, etc.) are made of genuine leather whereas the other areas are made of PVC.

Anyone has experience with a half leather sofa? Will it last?

Owhh the salesman also advised to get the sofa from a reputable brand like Lorenzo for better comfort and durability.

Comfort yes coz wifey and I agreed that the Lorenzo's are much more comfortable but durability, hmm no idea. Anyone with comments?

Thanks peeps.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sofa is one of the household items that u will always make use of after your mattress. So is nothing wrong to spend a bit more on it.

From what I was told. Half and full leather sofa would have a distinguish 2 tones same colour after a prolonged use.

By the way. Courts leather sofa is quite reasonably priced. Definitely cheaper than lozenzo.

Leather is more easily to maintence as compare to fabric but u still have to polish at least once every 6 months. If not it will also getting cracks even genuine leather.

petetherock

Reaction score
I think Lorenzo is fine.
And having real leather at selected areas is fine too. Go with your budget and personal needs.

Reaction score
Sofa is one of the household items that u will always make use of after your mattress. So is nothing wrong to spend a bit more on it.

From what I was told. Half and full leather sofa would have a distinguish 2 tones same colour after a prolonged use.

By the way. Courts leather sofa is quite reasonably priced. Definitely cheaper than lozenzo.

Leather is more easily to maintence as compare to fabric but u still have to polish at least once every 6 months. If not it will also getting cracks even genuine leather.

Yea you are right. Genuine leather must apply leather moisturiser at least once every 6 months. Otherwise the surface will dry up and cracks will develop.

But Courts leather sofa I heard the quality of the seats very poor leh. Few years down the road already started to sag liao. How?

Reaction score
Is it advisable to buy from JB ?
Err if you ask me hor. Sofa is something you will really need to personally try on and see if you like it. Unless you have tried the exact same model here in Singapore and ask them to get the same one in JB.

But then again will it be cheaper after including delivery and all?

leeerwin

Reaction score
Err if you ask me hor. Sofa is something you will really need to personally try on and see if you like it. Unless you have tried the exact same model here in Singapore and ask them to get the same one in JB.

But then again will it be cheaper after including delivery and all?

Good point. Trying to find a long lasting leather sofa. Real or synthetic leather last longer ?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello peeps.

Currently wifey and I are surveying for sofas and a salesman from a furniture shop advised to save cost by getting a half leather sofa.

Only the touch points (e.g. the seat, armrest, headrest, etc.) are made of genuine leather whereas the other areas are made of PVC.

Anyone has experience with a half leather sofa? Will it last?

Owhh the salesman also advised to get the sofa from a reputable brand like Lorenzo for better comfort and durability.

Comfort yes coz wifey and I agreed that the Lorenzo's are much more comfortable but durability, hmm no idea. Anyone with comments?

Thanks peeps.
Leather will still tear..

limpingsim98

Reaction score

In my experience, Leather never last as long as fabric. Also when is come to end life, fabric is easier/cheaper to change/repair Vs Leather.

Paying more does not means it is more lasting.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my experience, Leather never last as long as fabric. Also when is come to end life, fabric is easier/cheaper to change/repair Vs Leather.

Paying more does not means it is more lasting.
Not cheap to change leather. Almost half the original cost...

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Half leather is decent enough. But if you have the budget for a full leather then go for it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.