Apple Event — 11 Nov, 2AM SGT.  Silicon Macs Expected to Debut

Reaction score
Think I just get the base can liao

https://9to5mac.com/2020/11/18/opinion-is-the-base-macbook-air-m1-8gb-powerful-enough-for-you/

Posted from PCWX using Rem mm is best waifu

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Interesting review.

I am not a software developer but I do like to use docker and I used Homebrew quite a bit for my involvement in some open source projects.

One external monitor limitation for the MBA/MBP can really be a problem for SW/FW development. Lack of virtualization support and docker support can also be a problem. Homebrew is also quite essential under macOS for development.

Anyway, I think virtualization, docker and Homebrew support should not take long. Not so sure about the multiple external monitor support though for MBA/MBP, that is probably HW limitation.

Last edited:

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score

Compare to Intel 13” MacBook Pro (2020) Intel based version, the M1 just killed intel. I think Intel very stress when Apple silicon and AMD over taking them....

if you are active in the hackintosh forums, you will be able to see amd threadrippers with 5700xt running macos

i really don't think amd or intel will sweat too much considering that macs still make up less than 20% of the laptop market

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time will tell. Usually people dun see the black horse until it is too late.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Interesting review.

I am not a software developer but I do like to use docker and I used Homebrew quite a bit for my involvement in some open source projects.

One external monitor limitation for the MBA/MBP can really be a problem for SW/FW development. Lack of virtualization support and docker support can also be a problem. Homebrew is also quite essential under macOS for development.

Anyway, I think virtualization, docker and Homebrew support should not take long. Not so sure about the multiple external monitor support though for MBA/MBP, that is probably HW limitation.
Homebrew and Docker does not work properly, gotta wait a bit...

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just checked the status of my Mac Mini M1 purchase, the delivery date has been updated as from 2 Dec to 9 Dec 2020.

Then I just checked my Gmail and the previous Mac Mini 2011 purchase was delivered on 29 Nov 2011 and I used it for about 7 years plus.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just checked the status of my Mac Mini M1 purchase, the delivery date has been updated as from 2 Dec to 9 Dec 2020.

Then I just checked my Gmail and the previous Mac Mini 2011 purchase was delivered on 29 Nov 2011 and I used it for about 7 years plus.

usa can get the mac mini same time as the macbooks, but delay for singapore... the orders higher than expected?

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
So tempted to get the mac mini to replace the 2014 version. Shd wait for it to show up in rfb section.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Awaiting to make my order by Monday, after that the long wait begins. :s22:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.