Honda Vezel vs Honda HRV

xhlee87

Reaction score
That is due to the suspension being too hard?

Bouncy is the usual complain for passenger behind. Some feel like they are sitting in a boat.
As for me, I feel it is still ok. So it really depends on individual.

The reason for bouncy it because it is a a suv which has higher centre of gravity + using torsion beam.

If want comfort car for passenger, get car with rear suspension using multi-link.

But overall the car is value for money and practical thus you see them a lot on the road.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
Bouncy is the usual complain for passenger behind. Some feel like they are sitting in a boat.
As for me, I feel it is still ok. So it really depends on individual.

The reason for bouncy it because it is a a suv which has higher centre of gravity + using torsion beam.

If want comfort car for passenger, get car with rear suspension using multi-link.

But overall the car is value for money and practical thus you see them a lot on the road.

alot of cars using torsion beams. Cheaper, faster to make and leaves space for the boot

seraphneo

Reaction score
Thank u all for the information. Still considering whether to get a Vezel. Price of Vezel is the max i can afford and fuel consumption I heard is good too. Really to try it out myself to see if it is bumpy to me and my wife, as she always sits in the back.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
I cant tahan the back

I dont mind race cars with rock hard suspension but the rear Vezel make me uncomfortable

Thank u all for the information. Still considering whether to get a Vezel. Price of Vezel is the max i can afford and fuel consumption I heard is good too. Really to try it out myself to see if it is bumpy to me and my wife, as she always sits in the back.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, best way to get all the ppl in family that will be your frequent passengers at the back.
Spend a day out, car dealer hopping. Test a few cars of the the same.
End of the day, back home do a summary.. to get the feedback.
Treat it as a family day outing..

Enjy!

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i have been driving for almost 3yrs already, its not that bad actually but i changed the shock absorbers to kyb new SR and paired with lowering springs as i don't like the stock height and i don't want a coilover.

to be honest i quite like the ride overall. comfortable height, spacious enough, comfortable drive, i find myself driving it for another few years.

very common, any issues u can just search the fb grp for solutions, parts easily available, most workshops can service, many aftermarket parts as well.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have been driving for almost 3yrs already, its not that bad actually but i changed the shock absorbers to kyb new SR and paired with lowering springs as i don't like the stock height and i don't want a coilover.

to be honest i quite like the ride overall. comfortable height, spacious enough, comfortable drive, i find myself driving it for another few years.

very common, any issues u can just search the fb grp for solutions, parts easily available, most workshops can service, many aftermarket parts as well.

Agreed on the parts. So many on the road now this model.. is a national car oredi. Lolz

seraphneo

Reaction score

Do most Vezel owner, like yourself, changed the shock absorber as well?
Did you changed it shortly after getting the Vezel?

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy a vezel because it's cheap and it's common?

Wait till it's time to sell, you go Sgcarmart search see how many pages lor.

And the rear suspension is so harsh and bumpy, unless you hate your folks or kids then you put them there. The front is significantly more comfortable.

Not to mention the poor soundproofing, road noise so loud.

SuperClubby

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rear torsion beam and slightly stiff setup... Took phv vezel a few times, can't tahan the back as well. :s12:
The sound you get from the dash after going through a pothole is :eek: Rough ride on bad roads as well.

For drivers is quite alright, comfortable enough on long distance highway drive. Handing was surprisingly eager when attacking the Genting uphill/downhill touge. Just dont try to test the limit. :s13:

xhlee87

Reaction score

And the rear suspension is so harsh and bumpy, unless you hate your folks or kids then you put them there. The front is significantly more comfortable.

So we buy car that is not common and expensive.
And to make profit when selling later.

What car at $80k plus has good soundproofing, comfortable ride like camry, not common and make profit when selling?

Last edited:

xhlee87

Reaction score

Those changed the suspension regretted getting the car because it is still not enough.
If u intend to change the suspension after purchasing the car. This car is not for you.

Get car with multi link suspension like camry or sedan with torsion beam which will be less bouncy.

Different ppl different stroke.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It fits the budget. No headache on spare parts. Drove all the way till scrap. So no headache on selling.
Any cars do have similar problem when selling, most of the time. Unless you direct sell and got a greenhorn that likes the car and did not do homework.

You sell to dealer, they will low ball you with reasons: Wah... many on the road, PHV car, cannot sell/ difficult to find next buyer.
If you a the buyer, dealer will say, spare parts no worries, cheap to maintain and reliable, else why so many on the road.

As such, see you are the seller or buyer loh...

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

we are commoners what.

wanna be uncommon wont be looking at bread and butter car. different people different perspective, i rather buy common cars easier for maintenance.

wanna buy uncommon car, parts also uncommon then u headache.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not alot changed, some complained bumpy and added cushion buffer which is cheaper. really depends on individual.

i changed quite a few stuffs within the first year. change early, enjoy early, enjoy longer.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Care to share which uncommon ride you driving now?:)

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score

Bought mine at 92k. 26 months old now.
I can fetch 70k back.
Don't think it's too much to lose anyway as my millage is high.
The more page the merrier lol!

A lot of people buy 1st hand means a lot of people will also want to buy second hand.

My friend bought a Fit for $62k
at 11 months old, sold for $56k.

Another friend bought a Peugeot that is 24 months old for less than 80k.
It was selling over $100k when bought brand new by the previous owner.

Those little page one then scary.
Coz no one want to buy, and dealer don't dare to buy-in second high price.

Honda and Toyota you won't lose out too much value as compared to other brands.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.