[Official] Playstation 5

zorrus

Reaction score
Which is a better option? Buy a ps4 game that comes with free upgrade to ps5 version or just buy the ps5 version? Cos the first option is cheaper as well... thinking of watch dog legions and Spider-Man miles morales

Elysium87

Reaction score
Which is a better option? Buy a ps4 game that comes with free upgrade to ps5 version or just buy the ps5 version? Cos the first option is cheaper as well... thinking of watch dog legions and Spider-Man miles morales

this kind of thing need to think one?????

unless u very rich lor. but before buying ps4 version, just double check what is not provided for on ps5. like the spiderman, dont know simi what remastered on ps4/ps5 thingy

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score

I bought PS4 spiderman mm with free upgrade to PS5 version. Not difference except it is cheaper but do take note of the region coz u will need the psn account in that region to redeem the free upgrade.

ArsenalGear

Reaction score

Cheaper option since still can play the ps5 version.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bandai Metal build series, most of the stocks are really limited. Worse if its under Premium Bandai. Their website always crash and in less than a min, Out Of stock :s13: Then u see tons of post in Carousell.

be it collection or not, so long there’s a limited stocks...u will see scalpers trying to get hold of it.

take Apple iPhone for EG. Compare to previous, scalpers can’t flip much now. Even PS5 can fetch more than iPhone now! :s13:

Scalpers will always target products that has limited stocks. Who would want to get product that has ample stocks and still expect to fetch high price.

Scalpers are everywhere :s13: When company limiting/not able to produce the quantity, there will always a demand. So those who really wanted the product badly, they are willing to pay.

Yes everyone knows why prices are high now, its due to demand > supply, but thats not what people are talking about here. Some people want to know why are people in the gaming community mad at scalpers when scalping is generally not an issue in the collectibles community. I pointed out why, and no its not because gamers are nerds.

We see 2 different business models here:

Bandai deliberately limited supply to raise prices, its no different from Supreme's business model.

PS5 is not a collectible, supply is limited now due to production issues (we are in a global pandemic).

The first is based on creating fomo/hype and supply shortage to push up prices, there'd be very little demand for Supreme's weekly drops if they weren't limited. Second one is based on pushing out as many units as possible to increase installed base since its the only metric that matters in the console business. Scalpers are literally free-riding on sony's hard work, if not outright sabotaging their business.

I think people are well-justified to be upset/mad at PS5 scalpers.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys stay on topic
And easy with the wall of text replies..
TYVM

Sent from Sony XQ-AT52 using GAGT

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct, as of the current firmware, not a hardware issue, the PS5 is incapable of outputting at 4K 120Hz 10-12bit 4:4:4.
To get 12-bit at 4:4:4, the bandwidth will be 48Gbps. So 12Gbps per lane. FRL 6 (FRL = Fixed Rate Link)
To get 10-bit 4:4:4. the bandwidth will be 40Gbps. So 10Gbps per lane. FRL 5.
To get 12-bit 4:2:2 which the PS5 does, the bandwidth will be 32Gbps. So 8Gbps per lane. FRL 4.
However, since the PS5 is using the limited version of the HDMI 2.1 chip which is limited to 40Gbps, the PS5 will need to change from outputting at 12-bit to 10-bit if they want to get 4:4:4 chroma. So 4K 120Hz 10-bit 4:4:4.

In the process of building a next gen console with next gen HDMI 2.1, there was no certified by HDMI forum cables around. As you can see, a lot of those cables were some weird China named cables which proclaim that it is able to do the full 48Gbps. But without any HDMI 2.1 device to test it out with, nobody can verify that.
HDMI 2.1 was completed as early as back in 2018 as well. It's just that, it takes a while for companies to actually adopt new tech since HDMI 2.1 is a way bigger upgrade than say HDMI 1.4 to HDMI 2.0. The bandwidth jump is massive. And along with it, a lot of new features too like ALLM, VRR, eARC.
Some of these HDMI 2.1 features were then backported to HDMI 2.0b devices as long as the cables have with Ethernet on it where they can leverage those HDMI 2.1 features.

Currently, to prevent customer complains when they can't get HDMI 2.1 working properly like with a poor quality HDMI 2.1 cable, and with the cables that they use not being certified by HDMI Forum since it is still too new, Sony has no choice but to limit the bandwitdh to just 32Gbps until they are sure things can work out well before enabling the full bandwidth along with enabling other features such as VRR and ALLM which is built into HDMI 2.1 as a normal feature.

Xbox took a different approach with instead, giving you a Video Output information that shares a lot about what your cable or TV can and cannot do. That is a better approach in allowing customers to see if they need to upgrade their cable or TV to get the full HDMI 2.1 experience.

Playstation is playing it safe. Thus, we get this hard limit. And based on TechnoDad's latest video, Sony is right to do it. Because the cable bundled with the PS5 sometimes fail 3 times out of the 10 times that he ran the cable test with. Imagine the amount of bad press they will get when some people complain they can't get to take advantage of HDMI 2.1 while others can. So to play it safe, use some weird bandwidth number such as 32Gbps to ensure that its cables can run in most of the TVs out there before enabling the full bandwidth and the features.
You can watch the many HDMI cable including Xbox and PS5 OEM cables test in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kcsFXGPUg

Do you have a CX or C9? If on the CX, just press the green button at the bottom of your remote many times. You will get a special diagnostic display that tells you what the PS5 is outputting at.

You can refer to HDTVTest's video. His showing of the HDMI diagnostic menu is the same as mine which you can see on the 6m49s mark. Plus, he tests several cables here too.

So the cable bundled with the PS5 is not capable of 40gb transfer rate?

ryanhoqixu

Reaction score
unable to register product warranty

any bros here still facing issue on product warranty registration? bought from sony on fri, today still cannot register.

symbiote28

Reaction score
anyone play COD Cold War and you game crashes? mine has crashed almost everytime i start a multiplayer session just before the start of the 'war'.

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
any bros here still facing issue on product warranty registration? bought from sony on fri, today still cannot register.

Till now donno what is the correct link to register, always show webpage error when trying the 90 days warranty link from Sg site which apparently direct me to HK one... :s22:

anyone play COD Cold War and you game crashes? mine has crashed almost everytime i start a multiplayer session just before the start of the 'war'.

Nv play COD but I did face crash to the home screen issue on Bugnax and Sackboy once but after that seems alright. PS5 firmware still have alot of bugs & issue to iron out.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony said focus on TV support
So 1080p and 4k there's no 2k TV

Sent from X3 using GAGT

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Then why did the cable fail 3 times in Techno dad's tests?

Sony have stated the cable shipped with the PS5 is HDMI 2.1 Ultra high speed. Are you saying Sony are wrong?

How many cables did he test? I'm not familiar with him.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony have stated the cable shipped with the PS5 is HDMI 2.1 Ultra high speed. Are you saying Sony are wrong?

How many cables did he test? I'm not familiar with him.

The cable shipped with the PS5 doesn't say ultra high speed on it, it only says high speed.

I dunno how many cables were tested, I'm only quoting LiLAsN, maybe its like what Vincent Teoh suggested, a QC issue.

People who are having trouble with their 4k TVs might want to try a different cable, probably one from zeskit.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
The cable shipped with the PS5 doesn't say ultra high speed on it, it only says high speed.

Which is why Sony came out to clarify, as already mentioned.

I dunno how many cables were tested, I'm only quoting LiLAsN, maybe its like what Vincent Teoh suggested, a QC issue.

People who are having trouble with their 4k TVs might want to try a different cable, probably one from zeskit.

Then why say the cable bundled with the PS5 is not capable of 40Gbps? Seems strange to be making a generalization like that given the information which is available.

XxGaiaxX

Reaction score

Still facing the same issue, already contact Sony about it. They are checking on it as well. More reporting to them might escalate the issue faster.

Edit: Just tried again using this link, https://web.sony-asia.com/sg/mysony-sg/register-another-new-product/

It works for my set purchased from Sony store. You can try this link out as well if you bought direct from Sony. I tried registering via playstation asia, still shows incorrect serial number. Guess different set purchased from different store got to register at different site.

Last edited:

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which is why Sony came out to clarify, as already mentioned.

Then why say the cable bundled with the PS5 is not capable of 40Gbps? Seems strange to be making a generalization like that given the information which is available.

It was posited as a question, not an assertion, TD's ps5 cable did fail the test 3 times, that does raise some questions.

SR1984

Reaction score
Still facing the same issue, already contact Sony about it. They are checking on it as well. More reporting to them might escalate the issue faster.

Edit: Just tried again using this link, https://web.sony-asia.com/sg/mysony-sg/register-another-new-product/

It works for my set purchased from Sony store. You can try this link out as well if you bought direct from Sony. I tried registering via playstation asia, still shows incorrect serial number. Guess different set purchased from different store got to register at different site.

I tried to register my PS5 using the above link but again still error. The select model option is also blank and the serial number i key in shown invalid.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.