Reaction score
廢財闖天關 November 17, 2020 - Episodes: 60
Genre : Drama, Comedy
29/60 episodes in, should have ended at episode 27 - give up

Last edited:

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just getting started on 长相守. Saw a few mainland drama, deleted them after episode 1 or 2 as it didn't got me hooked on.

Trailer:

Genres: Historical, Romance
General overview: It follows a pair of twin sisters in a story about the rush of first love, a resigned separation, an unwavering companionship and love without regrets.

Hua Mujin grew up during the chaotic era of the five dynasties and the ten states. As a child, she and her younger twin sister Hua Jinxiu were sold as slaves to the powerful Yuan Family. They are sent on the road with three other children - Yu Feiyan, Song Minglei, Yao Biying and the five take a vow of friendship to always care for each other.
In order to thrive in their new environment, Hua Mujin willingly throws herself to hard labor to build a better future for her brothers and sisters. She uses the techniques inherited from her father and relies on her intelligence to help the Yuan Family rise to glory.
Four men with extraordinary talents and position make a mark in her colorful life - Song Minglei whom she looks up to as an older brother, the pure and loving Yuan Feijue, the androgynous Duan Yuerong and the love of her life, Yuan Feibai.

For people who are into HK movies and dramas, you can expect some familiar faces such as 元华, 宣萱 and 米雪. Too bad they didn't bring in 元华's partner in crime, the legendary 包租婆 in :s13:

First few episodes, not that boring as the story describes. Will try to see if I can survive this while waiting for newer shows to be completed before I start watching them.

mfsi1202

Reaction score
心宅獵人 - November 23, 2020 Episodes: 36
Genres: Suspense, Thriller, Mystery, Psychological, Investigation
completed, brilliant

Last edited:

mfsi1202

Reaction score
煥臉 - November 24, 2020 Episodes: 24
Genres: Suspense, Mystery, Romance, Crime
2/24 episodes in, bland - give up

Last edited:

DisgruntledGuy

Reaction score
nothing to watch can try 长安诺

In my opinion, this is a crappy drama. Should be called Jinx of ChangAn. 56 episodes. If it ended earlier, it would have been ok. But too bad. It's draggy as hell.

I appreciate shows that have twist and turns, but a show that was meant to just make life cruel and try to get the audience to cry and feel sad. Pass

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
鹿鼎记 just started showing last week.

Trailer

《鹿鼎记》是由新丽传媒集团有限公司出品,马进执导,申捷编剧,张一山、唐艺昕领衔主演,张天阳、朱珠、杨祺如、郭泱、关芯、王祉萱、钟丽丽主演,田雨、王阳、于荣光友情出演,刘天佐特别出演的古装武侠轻喜剧。
该剧改编自金庸2005年新修版同名小说,以清代社会历史为背景,主要讲述了出身市井的痞赖少年韦小宝因机缘巧合闯入江湖和皇宫,从此凭借超凡智慧周旋于武林门派和朝堂官场之间,并一路向上攀升的反转传奇故事。

I don't think there's much remake of this, unlike madam white snake. Think I'll give it a try after they finish showing it.

mfsi1202

Reaction score
In my opinion, this is a crappy drama. Should be called Jinx of ChangAn. 56 episodes. If it ended earlier, it would have been ok. But too bad. It's draggy as hell.

I appreciate shows that have twist and turns, but a show that was meant to just make life cruel and try to get the audience to cry and feel sad. Pass

any shows which too much palace, family or social politics - big no no

Last edited:

mfsi1202

Reaction score
鹿鼎记 just started showing last week.

Trailer

《鹿鼎记》是由新丽传媒集团有限公司出品,马进执导,申捷编剧,张一山、唐艺昕领衔主演,张天阳、朱珠、杨祺如、郭泱、关芯、王祉萱、钟丽丽主演,田雨、王阳、于荣光友情出演,刘天佐特别出演的古装武侠轻喜剧。
该剧改编自金庸2005年新修版同名小说,以清代社会历史为背景,主要讲述了出身市井的痞赖少年韦小宝因机缘巧合闯入江湖和皇宫,从此凭借超凡智慧周旋于武林门派和朝堂官场之间,并一路向上攀升的反转传奇故事。

I don't think there's much remake of this, unlike madam white snake. Think I'll give it a try after they finish showing it.

will not be watching, it had been remade many times as per https://baike.baidu.com/item/鹿鼎记/13719

mfsi1202

Reaction score
Just getting started on 长相守. Saw a few mainland drama, deleted them after episode 1 or 2 as it didn't got me hooked on.

Trailer:

Genres: Historical, Romance
General overview: It follows a pair of twin sisters in a story about the rush of first love, a resigned separation, an unwavering companionship and love without regrets.

Hua Mujin grew up during the chaotic era of the five dynasties and the ten states. As a child, she and her younger twin sister Hua Jinxiu were sold as slaves to the powerful Yuan Family. They are sent on the road with three other children - Yu Feiyan, Song Minglei, Yao Biying and the five take a vow of friendship to always care for each other.
In order to thrive in their new environment, Hua Mujin willingly throws herself to hard labor to build a better future for her brothers and sisters. She uses the techniques inherited from her father and relies on her intelligence to help the Yuan Family rise to glory.
Four men with extraordinary talents and position make a mark in her colorful life - Song Minglei whom she looks up to as an older brother, the pure and loving Yuan Feijue, the androgynous Duan Yuerong and the love of her life, Yuan Feibai.

For people who are into HK movies and dramas, you can expect some familiar faces such as 元华, 宣萱 and 米雪. Too bad they didn't bring in 元华's partner in crime, the legendary 包租婆 in :s13:

First few episodes, not that boring as the story describes. Will try to see if I can survive this while waiting for newer shows to be completed before I start watching them.

how is it ? give up or continue ?

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how is it ? give up or continue ?

Damn, how you know? :s13:

I watched till episode 20 yesterday and went to take a quick glance at the story, it's very draggy and i cannot continue as there's too much unnecessary drama and fillers in there which will is the emo type of scene.

Guess i'll revisit chinese dramas again after i finished 踩过界.

mfsi1202

Reaction score
Damn, how you know? :s13:

I watched till episode 20 yesterday and went to take a quick glance at the story, it's very draggy and i cannot continue as there's too much unnecessary drama and fillers in there which will is the emo type of scene.

Guess i'll revisit chinese dramas again after i finished 踩过界.

normally show of this nature as it continues will become draggy with emo, it's a matter of how far you can tolerate if you're not a fan of this kind of show or if you're not a fan of the artistes in the show

right now for me too many to catchup as more new shows premiered :D so happy :s12:

Last edited:

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normally show of this nature as it continues will become draggy with emo, it's a matter of how far you can tolerate if you're not a fan of this kind of show or if you're not a fan of the artistes in the show

right now for me too many to catchup as more new shows premiered :D so happy :s12:

Yeah you are very right. Shows with some love scene attached is fine. 花千骨 and 兰陵王 is a good example. Lately, the shows are having too much of those 你你我我 and flash back as filler scenes, quite sian when it happens too often.

Have you actually watched any of the Chinese Paladin series? I wanted to but keep forgetting about it. Heard it's a good drama.

mfsi1202

Reaction score
Yeah you are very right. Shows with some love scene attached is fine. 花千骨 and 兰陵王 is a good example. Lately, the shows are having too much of those 你你我我 and flash back as filler scenes, quite sian when it happens too often.

Have you actually watched any of the Chinese Paladin series? I wanted to but keep forgetting about it. Heard it's a good drama.

watched the trailers, find it boring & not gripping - will not be watching, thanks

so far only managed to watch these, with less overdone romance, fillers & dramas but more into plot -

武动乾坤之英雄出少年 (2018) - Genres: Wuxia, Drama
武动乾坤之冰心在玉壶 (2018) - Genres: Wuxia, Drama
斗破苍穹 (2018) - Genres: Wuxia, Martial Arts, Fantasy
天坑鹰猎 (2018) - Genres: Adventure, Friendship, Drama, Martial Arts
镇魂街 (2017) - Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy

Last edited:

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
watched the trailers, find it boring & not gripping - will not be watching, thanks

so far only managed to watch these, with less overdone romance, fillers & dramas but more into plot -

武动乾坤之英雄出少年 (2018) - Genres: Wuxia, Drama
武动乾坤之冰心在玉壶 (2018) - Genres: Wuxia, Drama
斗破苍穹 (2018) - Genres: Wuxia, Martial Arts, Fantasy
天坑鹰猎 (2018) - Genres: Adventure, Friendship, Drama, Martial Arts
镇魂街 (2017) - Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy

You didn't watch 将夜? Season one was quite good, two is average at its best. The same lead from season one acted in 天醒之路 which was released this year.

将夜1 Trailer

天醒之路 Trailer

Last edited:

mfsi1202

Reaction score
You didn't watch 将夜? Season one was quite good, two is average at its best. The same lead from season one acted in 天醒之路 which was released this year.

将夜1 Trailer

天醒之路 Trailer

thanks for sic - 将夜 & 天醒之路

将夜 Genres: Action, Adventure, Historical, Romance, Wuxia, Drama

天醒之路 Genres: Action, Adventure, Historical, Romance, Wuxia, Fantasy

few months ago downloaded 将夜 1 & 2 but hesitated, also schedule full with j, k, e, u & recently c dramas.

are both dramas connected deeply with the historical aspect throughout ? palaces or countries politics ? Any overdone romance, fillers & dramas ?

Last edited:

mfsi1202

Reaction score
預支未來 December 3, 2020 Episodes 8
Genre: Science Fiction, Suspense, Fantasy
completed, excellent

Last edited:

mfsi1202

Reaction score
some listing - 2021

西夏死书 Book of Death - Episodes: 44
Genres: Action, Adventure

舌尖上的心跳 Cupid's Kitchen - Episodes: 40
Genres: Food, Comedy, Romance

热血神探 Detective Kong - Episodes 40
Genres: Mystery, Detective

失忆之城 Hard Memory: Prisoner Under Fire - Episodes: 55
Genres: Action, Romance, Sci-Fi

一念无间 Mind The Gap - Episodes: 46
Genres: Mystery, Crime, Detective, Investigation

为了你我愿意热爱整个世界番外之光之子 My Story For You - Episodes: tbc
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy

逆袭之偷心千金 Ni Xi Zhi Tou Xin Qian Jin Episodes: 24
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Fantasy

天理男容 Open The Door - Episodes: 12
Genres: Mystery, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy

完美证据 Perfect Evidence - Episodes: 38
Genres: Drama

一步登天 Raiders of the New Way - Episodes: 40
Genres: Suspense, Adventure, Comedy

刺局 Song of the Assassins - Episodes: 13
Genres: Action, Mystery, Wuxia, Martial Arts

回廊亭 The Corridor Pavilion Episodes: 12
Genres: Suspense, Mystery, Crime

紫川 The King of Light in Zichuan - Episode: TBA
Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy

天枢之契约行者 The Mysterious Team - Episodes: 40
Genres: Action, Suspense, Adventure, Romance

蜂巢 The Nest - Episodes: 53
Genres: Suspense, Drama, War

浴火 Yu Huo - Episodes: 36
Genres: Crime, Investigation

凡人修仙传 A Record of A Mortal's Journey to Immortality - Episodes 40
Genre: Web Drama, Fantasy, Myth, Legend, Love

迴旋世界 G.A.E.A. - Episodes: TBA
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi

虫图腾 Insect Totem - Episodes: 26
Genres: Suspense, Adventure, Historical, Mystery, Romance

非常营救 Overseas Security Guard - Episodes: 33
Genres: Action, Romance, Crime, Investigation

玩家 Player - Episodes: 24
Genres: Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi

星海蔷薇 Rose in the Starsea - Episodes: 30
Genres: Romance, Fantasy

王牌部队 Sep 2, 2021 Episodes: 40
Genres: Action, Military, War

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.