OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC, would you be able to advise on the mcc for Dyson.com.Sg? As well as the following overseas merchant: saddlebackleather.com

Am intending to use the titanium card for purchase and was wondering if they qualify for 4mpd. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

The MCC is determined by the card associations (MasterCard / Visa), and is not within OCBC's control. We do not have visibility of the MCC of a merchant until a transaction is made.

If you have made the transaction, and would like to check on it, do give us a call at 1800 363 3333.

^DG

djr81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Halo ocbc

Wan to ask the point will reset every year of the card membership right?

Meaning if my card is 12/21 it will reset on dec and i can start earning reward points right?

Tks

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Halo ocbc

Wan to ask the point will reset every year of the card membership right?

Meaning if my card is 12/21 it will reset on dec and i can start earning reward points right?

Tks

Hi there,

This is dependent on when your card was first issued.

The refresh will be done on the first day of the month, a year after the card was first issued.

For eg.

If your card's opening date is in December 2019
The OCBC$ count will be reset on 1 December 2020.

If you have replaced your card before, you should not rely on the expiry date on your current card to deduce this. It would be advisable for you to speak with our service executive so that they can check on your card account, and accurately advise.

Let us know via PM if you would like us to call.

^DG

someusername

Reaction score
Hi OCBC

Do purchases at the Apple Store Australia qualify for the 20X OCBC$ campaign or is it limited to the Singapore Apple Store?

Thanks.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC

Do purchases at the Apple Store Australia qualify for the 20X OCBC$ campaign or is it limited to the Singapore Apple Store?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Transactions made at www.apple.com and Apple stores will be eligible for the promotion.

Please note that retail purchases charged to your registered OCBC Titanium Rewards Card but which have yet to be posted to the Card Account during Promotion Period will not be taken into account in the computation of OCBC$ to be awarded. Transaction date and posting date may differ.

^DG

Desires

Reaction score
Hi vicyeo111,

We apologise for the delay, but we are still checking on Club 21.

These brands will be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

If a purchase is made and the bonus OCBC$ was not awarded, just drop us a private message here, and we will help you sort it out.

Michael Kors
Coach
Bottega Veneta
Long Champ
Hermes
Valentino
Christian Dior
Chanel
Kate Spade
Celine
Louis Vuitton
Balenciaga

Should there be other brands that you are interested in making a purchase with, but is not mentioned above. Do let us know so that we can check on it.

^DG

Hi DG,
I recently made an online purchase for Christian Dior on Christian Dior’s staff purchase website after seeing this thread. After I charge about $1000 only been told by your colleague that that is not eligible Because the staff purchase website coded differently from their usual MCC, I tried to send secured msg to dispute on this but failed. Had I known that I would have used Hsbc revolution card, Uob preferred platinum card, DBS woman world master card, grabpay master card or any general spending cards that at least give 1.2 to 4 miles per dollar spent. It’s approaching festive season and I thought I can spread my spending across all the above cards I have n I think u prefer me to use other banks’ cards than urs.

filmmm

Reaction score
Hello! May I confirm that purchases at Dell Online store will be eligible for 10X OCBC$?

Thanks!

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi DG,
I recently made an online purchase for Christian Dior on Christian Dior’s staff purchase website after seeing this thread. After I charge about $1000 only been told by your colleague that that is not eligible Because the staff purchase website coded differently from their usual MCC, I tried to send secured msg to dispute on this but failed. Had I known that I would have used Hsbc revolution card, Uob preferred platinum card, DBS woman world master card, grabpay master card or any general spending cards that at least give 1.2 to 4 miles per dollar spent. It’s approaching festive season and I thought I can spread my spending across all the above cards I have n I think u prefer me to use other banks’ cards than urs.

Hi Desires,

Allow us to clarify that the above was a specific response to a post made back in 8th October 2019.

We would like to clarify that MCCs are determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

You may refer to the latest T&C here for a list of the eligible MCCs:
https://www.ocbc.com/iwov-resources...rewards-credit-card-programme-wef-1sept20.pdf

Thank you.

^XF

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello! May I confirm that purchases at Dell Online store will be eligible for 10X OCBC$?

Thanks!

Hi filmmm,

It will depend on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will not be able to check on the MCCs prior to a purchase, as this is determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

We will only be able to check a merchant's MCC after the purchase is charged to the card. Seeking your kind understanding on this, thank you.

You may refer to this page for more details on the eligible MCCs for the bonus OCBC$:
https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titanium-rewards-credit-card#benefits-merchant

^XF

Desires

Reaction score
Hi Desires,

Allow us to clarify that the above was a specific response to a post made back in 8th October 2019.

We would like to clarify that MCCs are determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

You may refer to the latest T&C here for a list of the eligible MCCs:
https://www.ocbc.com/iwov-resources...rewards-credit-card-programme-wef-1sept20.pdf

Thank you.

^XF

Hello, pls don’t talk to me like I am idiot. Of course I know the code is not determined by bank, I am not new to credit cards! In the above thread I asked ppl to contact u for help, you r here being sarcastic to tell me to read ur tnc? Come on! Did I say u MCC is within your control? Based on the number of cards I am holding u really think I don’t know? If u think the reply from DG was outdated then u should put a disclaimer that all decision from Ocbc is final, u don’t entertain dispute anymore so that ppl don’t bother to read every thread and spent time to write in. It was official website that I bought the items from, if u don’t entertain pls make it clear. There is really no such need of taking risk to use OCBC card. If it’s not because I hit the cap for other cards I won’t use urs, I could even use any general spending card

Desires

Reaction score

Thanks!

Actually no point asking. They will only give u a general answer now, so it is not going to be helpful. There r plenty of cards can give u same amount of miles without need of checking the MCC with Ocbc. Uob preferred platinum card, Hsbc revolution card, DBS woman world master card ( u don’t have to be woman to have one), Citibank rewards card. Somemore Ocbc only has one transfer partner, KF.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello, pls don’t talk to me like I am idiot. Of course I know the code is not determined by bank, I am not new to credit cards! In the above thread I asked ppl to contact u for help, you r here being sarcastic to tell me to read ur tnc? Come on! Did I say u MCC is within your control? Based on the number of cards I am holding u really think I don’t know? If u think the reply from DG was outdated then u should put a disclaimer that all decision from Ocbc is final, u don’t entertain dispute anymore so that ppl don’t bother to read every thread and spent time to write in. It was official website that I bought the items from, if u don’t entertain pls make it clear. There is really no such need of taking risk to use OCBC card. If it’s not because I hit the cap for other cards I won’t use urs, I could even use any general spending card

Hi Desires,

Thank you for the feedback, and we are sorry for not being able to accord the bonus OCBC$ for your transaction.

Previously, on an exception, we may grant OCBC$ for transactions that fall under a relevant category, but does not fall under the eligible MCC.

However, with effect from 22 November 2019, bonus OCBC$ will be based strictly on the MCC of a transaction.

^DG

eyjja1

Reaction score
Hi merry_christmas,

Purchases at Lenovo will be eligible for 10x OCBC$.

^CC
Hi

In July 2020 I purchased a laptop at Lenovo SG but no 10X bonus OCBC$ was awarded.

After enquiring through the secured email, a OCBC CSO informed me that the transaction was coded under 5999 and thus don't qualify.

I understand the bank cannot control the MCC code the merchant used. But similarly the consumer cannot control the MCC code and for a laptop purchase which clearly within the defined categories it is unfortunate that it is the consumer that is penalised for something beyond our control.

If the bank chooses to penalise the consumer then unfortunately the only solution available for the consumer is to choose a card which avoids the lottery of the MCC.

Last edited:

Fujima

Reaction score
Hi Desires,

Thank you for the feedback, and we are sorry for not being able to accord the bonus OCBC$ for your transaction.

Previously, on an exception, we may grant OCBC$ for transactions that fall under a relevant category, but does not fall under the eligible MCC.

However, with effect from 22 November 2019, bonus OCBC$ will be based strictly on the MCC of a transaction.

^DG

Looks like nothing has changed since my MCC dispute w OCBC last year.

Further for the record on this 22 Nov 2019 cut off, my disputed transactions were made before 22 Nov 2019, but due to the delayed crediting of points, I could only raise the dispute after that date and OCBC refused to grant any exception.

Can always count on excellent service with OCBC.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi

In July 2020 I purchased a laptop at Lenovo SG but no 10X bonus OCBC$ was awarded.

After enquiring through the secured email, a OCBC CSO informed me that the transaction was coded under 5999 and thus don't qualify.

I understand the bank cannot control the MCC code the merchant used. But similarly the consumer cannot control the MCC code and for a laptop purchase which clearly within the defined categories it is unfortunate that it is the consumer that is penalised for something beyond our control.

If the bank chooses to penalise the consumer then unfortunately the only solution available for the consumer is to choose a card which avoids the lottery of the MCC.

Looks like nothing has changed since my MCC dispute w OCBC last year.

Further for the record on this 22 Nov 2019 cut off, my disputed transactions were made before 22 Nov 2019, but due to the delayed crediting of points, I could only raise the dispute after that date and OCBC refused to grant any exception.

Can always count on excellent service with OCBC.

Thank you for the feedback.
We are sorry for not being able to accede.

Bonus OCBC$ will only be granted based on MCC or if the transactions are made from one of the following merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

eyjja1

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback.
We are sorry for not being able to accede.

Bonus OCBC$ will only be granted based on MCC or if the transactions are made from one of the following merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

Thanks for the reply. I suppose the only solution is to use other cards.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

I have spent on Alibaba on 25 Oct, still have yet to receive bonus points, is this normal?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
There are many cards in the market and it is the consumer's choice, but as far as I know almost every card uses the same MCC system..

Believe he/she is referring to using other cards that are more laxed and easier to clock the spends for benefits, like online or paywave category is easier to determine than specific MCCs which is a gamble unless you have done a transaction before and is sure of the MCC especially for big purchases.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
I have spent on Alibaba on 25 Oct, still have yet to receive bonus points, is this normal?

Hi fone,

Was the transaction posted in October or November?

5 OCBC$ will be credited for every S$5 spend (i.e. the Base OCBC$) when the transaction is posted.

The remaining 45 OCBC$ (i.e. the Bonus OCBC$) will be credited by the end of the following month, computed based on the relevant transaction posting date.

^DG

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.