Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Nigell

Banned
Reaction score
2 weeks of silence from LS. Suddenly send another letter attention to my family. Just give up la. I have paid triple of what owed. Still want to suck money, and blood ah. Aiyooo..

Did they give you phone number or bank account number?
You can report the number and include it in the ScamShield app and close their account as well.

Reaction score
After downloaded “Scamshield” apps on my iphone. For around 10 days, no more unsolicited sms and calls so far. I think its great.
I hope the android version will be coming soon and everyone can download it.
This will cut down and hopefully end the business of those scammers.

Last edited:

mantise08

Reaction score
How much did the scammers put in your account?
How come you are so sure that they will send LS runners to go to your place to harass you?

I receive nothing from them and according to the IO, she told me this is likely to link to LS.

Nigell

Banned
Reaction score
I receive nothing from them and according to the IO, she told me this is likely to link to LS.

You receive nothing from them??
For loan scams they will put at least a token amount of money then scam from there..
That is already considered as extortion.

If they put in nothing in your account, that is outright daylight robbery!

STUDITY LADY

Reaction score
You receive nothing from them??
For loan scams they will put at least a token amount of money then scam from there..
That is already considered as extortion.

If they put in nothing in your account, that is outright daylight robbery!
Yes... it was outright daylight robbery!

I am only enquiring a loan online thru a website which i literally think that it's a real LML (they used a leggit LML logo and company info). I immediately realize it was a scam when they asked me to put a deposit for the loan. I told them i do not want the loan and block them immediately.

But it was too late. They start harassing/threatening me to pay them 4k for cancellation of loan.

I received nothing from them too. And i had been harassed and door being splashed by paint.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes... it was outright daylight robbery!

I am only enquiring a loan online thru a website which i literally think that it's a real LML (they used a leggit LML logo and company info). I immediately realize it was a scam when they asked me to put a deposit for the loan. I told them i do not want the loan and block them immediately.

But it was too late. They start harassing/threatening me to pay them 4k for cancellation of loan.

I received nothing from them too. And i had been harassed and door being splashed by paint.
How was your case now? Manage to get them?

STUDITY LADY

Reaction score
How was your case now? Manage to get them?
Runner got arrested 3 days after he splashed on my door.

I ignored all their threatening messages as advised by this platform and my IO.

The advises and encouragement from this platform had helped me pull thru my hardest time.

I guess they had or maybe had given up hope on me as they cannot get anything from me and target on others people right now.

Reaction score

The advises and encouragement from this platform had helped me pull thru my hardest time.

I guess they had or maybe had given up hope on me as they cannot get anything from me and target on others people right now.

Stay strong and good to hear another runner arrested! Arrest them all, arrest all scammers.

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stay vigilant even though there had been some arrests... like some said in the thread earlier, your records/addresses/details are in their database and it will be circulated amongst these people

lazypin88

Reaction score
Hi I need advice

I enquired about a loan and decided not to proceed and blocked their numbers. I told them I don’t want the loan and they beg me to borrow $500 from them. I say don’t want and blocked. Suddenly that night they transfer me $250. I went police make report the next day. Closed my bank account and there was no harassment for a week. Now suddenly start again they disturb my NOK and ask me for payment. I just continue blocking. Anyone face anything similar?

Reaction score
Hi I need advice

I enquired about a loan and decided not to proceed and blocked their numbers. I told them I don’t want the loan and they beg me to borrow $500 from them. I say don’t want and blocked. Suddenly that night they transfer me $250. I went police make report the next day. Closed my bank account and there was no harassment for a week. Now suddenly start again they disturb my NOK and ask me for payment. I just continue blocking. Anyone face anything similar?

Just continue blocking them. Do not pay a single cent. Treat that $250 a windfall. Don’t feel bad for taking that $250. Its not belong to the scammer. Its transferred from another victim.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.