Prism+ TV

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
There's a difference if you have them side by side and it also depends on the content you're watching. I can confidently say if you have a TV with a VA panel beside your IPS panel you will definitely see the difference and would prefer the VA.

The VA will have more depth especially in dark scenes. IPS will suffer from black crush since their contrast ratios are typically within the sub 1000:1 range while VA can hover anywhere around 3000:1 to 5000:1. This means that if you watch a movie that has lots of dark scenes e.g (Dark Knight, Game of Thrones), the IPS TV will struggle at producing different shades of blacks, and the viewer will be unable to see what's going on in the movie.

OLEDs are in a different league, they have both viewing angle and perfect contrast ratio but if you're comparing the sub 1k price range TVs then it will be between VA and IPS.

Ultimately as long as you as the customer is happy with the TV nothing else matters. Just make sure you guys do research at https://www.rtings.com/ to prevent from buyers remorse as from what I'm reading in this thread there are quite a handful of unhappy owners here.

Yea of course I dont have side by side as one is in living room and another in mbr.

But anyway my point is, for budget tvs, to be honest the xiaomi mi 4s is really value for money since its cheaper than prism and yet probably the same picture quality as the prism. So its a win there.

Anyway for budget users, no point paying a few extra hundreds more for a difference that only can be comparable if u put 2 screens side by side. Just get a decent android one that is cheaper will do.

If of course want the best picture quality, OLED hands down. But as I say I have 2 tvs that is considered one of the best 4k tv at the moment and a 4k tv that is the cheapest available, I can no doubt vouch that the xiaomi one hits all the requirements for a enjoyable tv experience since apps can be installed with ease.

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just to check any of the Prism+ tv offer ARC or eARC HDMI output to soundbar?

royd3n

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering getting the q55 on 11.11, also considering Samsung Ua55tu7000kxxs and xiaomi 4s 55. I'm leaning towards the q55 or the price and 3 year warranty but just wondering how is the quality of the display compared to my other choices. I'm getting it to replace my spoilt 4yr old plus SUHD Samsung TV ua55ks7000 which I really like the display n the thin/flush bezel

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering getting the q55 on 11.11, also considering Samsung Ua55tu7000kxxs and xiaomi 4s 55. I'm leaning towards the q55 or the price and 3 year warranty but just wondering how is the quality of the display compared to my other choices. I'm getting it to replace my spoilt 4yr old plus SUHD Samsung TV ua55ks7000 which I really like the display n the thin/flush bezel

what a weird comparison.

why samsung is in this picture? if u can afford samsung.. go for samsung.. why even consider Prism and Xiaomi?

sheshen

Reaction score
Anyone buy Q55 and using?

Any problem raise?

How is the brightness? since this TV only has 280 nits.

CrunchTime

Reaction score
So if I want to get a Prism TV (and only have the budget for it), which model would you recommend? Thanks! Hope to get during this 11.11 sale

martinst

Reaction score
Don’t have disposable income to replace tv every 18-24 months but can afford 2-3x upfront cost? How much is the Phillips compared to tcl and xiaomi?

Also, solution to e waste is not buy more expensive so can last longer. Tech moves and keeping something longer means you’ll be leaving out features. A better solution will be to push manufacturers to use more recyclable material and recycling program (trade in credits etc)

I did end up with a Philips Android TV. It was $800 compared to the equivalent Xiaomi TV at $500. So, yes, I paid more but I feel more confident with the 3 year warranty that i won't add another panel to the e-waste mountain.

I like your thinking with recycling materials, i.e. making it mandatory to have a certain amount of materials from recycled sources.

The trade-in credits may be tricky, I think the carrot approach may not work here maybe the stick approach could work better? If governments put a "waste" tax on TV panels this would also help close some of the gap between the products that are manufactured with longer lasting parts and therefore are more expensive and the irresponsible manufacturers like Xiaomi who just compete by dumping cheap crap at lowest price.

royd3n

Reaction score
what a weird comparison.

why samsung is in this picture? if u can afford samsung.. go for samsung.. why even consider Prism and Xiaomi?

Because it's going at $999 for the 55inch, which is still within budget but at $999 I could get a 65 from the other 2 brands. Just considering from the quality and reliability standpoint.

KingKongBell

Master Member
Reaction score
I just got a prism TV, but for some reason it does not play 4k. I've tried it for 4k Netflix show Kingdom and also a 4k YouTube video but when I look at the info, it's only playing at 2k...
Any reason why?

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just got a prism TV, but for some reason it does not play 4k. I've tried it for 4k Netflix show Kingdom and also a 4k YouTube video but when I look at the info, it's only playing at 2k...
Any reason why?
I'm getting mine delivered tomorrow, will let you know how it is

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because it's going at $999 for the 55inch, which is still within budget but at $999 I could get a 65 from the other 2 brands. Just considering from the quality and reliability standpoint.

both brands are not here not there.. but looking at what people mentioned on Prism+ it's better to move to Xiaomi.

orchardtown

Reaction score
Don't buy prism, I just got this a month ago, didn't used it due to move in date. A month later the internal screen had some issues that looked like a spiderweb crack. On the exterior no dent or damage. When informed prism, straight away claim its my fault and ask me to buy a refurbished set. I got the 65inch one. They don't even bother finding out the problem straight away cross sell me on another set and said its a special price for me. What **** is this? I requested for the technician to come down and determine its my fault and not a display pixel issue.

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't buy prism, I just got this a month ago, didn't used it due to move in date. A month later the internal screen had some issues that looked like a spiderweb crack. On the exterior no dent or damage. When informed prism, straight away claim its my fault and ask me to buy a refurbished set. I got the 65inch one. They don't even bother finding out the problem straight away cross sell me on another set and said its a special price for me. What **** is this? I requested for the technician to come down and determine its my fault and not a display pixel issue.

I thought they say service very good can refund anytime? :s13::s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.