Wireless IP Camera thread

MeGaBiTeS

Reaction score
Sineoji PT528V

I'm having issues connecting to my webcam from outside, my setup is using PT528v on wireless connection to Linksys Velop Tri-Band. Anyone could kindly help?

keels

Reaction score
I have a Sineoji 7** series ipicam.
On home wifi,it connects effortlessly via the app.
Out of my home, it takes many tries (10-15 min) before it gets online.

When checking with tech support was told there is nothing wrong, other users have no issue.

When I ask someone I know who have both the old 7**and the new 8**,he mentioned 7** on the old app also takes ages but the 8** which uses the new app connects easily.

Can advise is it time to get a new one?

Hot2002

Reaction score
I have a Sineoji 7** series ipicam.
On home wifi,it connects effortlessly via the app.
Out of my home, it takes many tries (10-15 min) before it gets online.

When checking with tech support was told there is nothing wrong, other users have no issue.

When I ask someone I know who have both the old 7**and the new 8**,he mentioned 7** on the old app also takes ages but the 8** which uses the new app connects easily.

Can advise is it time to get a new one?

7xx series works fine on my android but having issues on my iPhone. But it could be because my iphone iOS is not updated yet

I still prefer the 7xx series which supports port forwarding. I don’t want to be restricted to sineoji apps only

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just want to give feedback on Sineoji.

DO NOT BUY their cams. Initially everything works fine and Dean is great and all, but after 1-2 years they will change their backend system, and your cam will be stuck on the old app... the kicker is remote viewing becomes intermittent because of dodgy backend servers by Sineoji, and it appears that they do not intend to do/fix anything. Dean says "restart router", meh.

Of course their new cams all work well. For now.

Hot2002

Reaction score
ra[g said:
e;131533333]Just want to give feedback on Sineoji.

DO NOT BUY their cams. Initially everything works fine and Dean is great and all, but after 1-2 years they will change their backend system, and your cam will be stuck on the old app... the kicker is remote viewing becomes intermittent because of dodgy backend servers by Sineoji, and it appears that they do not intend to do/fix anything. Dean says "restart router", meh.

Of course their new cams all work well. For now.

I use ipcam (port forwarding) on days when sineoji apps is not working well

But the sineoji new model doesn’t seem to support ip forwarding. Looking for other brand/model also but can’t seem to find any .....

midlusionz

Reaction score
my sineoji 714 got this weird issue.. i cant change the settings of it. once i change and it take effect and if i restart it, all the saved configs all gone. even hard reset also can go back factory settings. anyone encounter this?

singlite

Reaction score
Hi, any camera can record and save on SD only upon motion detection?

I think most IP camera has this PIR sensor function that will trigger recording once movement is detected. You can also set how long recording remains on after no new movement is detected.

ck_ian69

Reaction score
Sineoji is my first video cam and I won’t ever buy this brand again

Support sucks
The manual speaks ****, I had to Google on its functions and even something as basic as where is the SIM card slot or how to reboot it is so difficult to find
The overwrite function doesn’t work, so I need to format and erase the card and do a reboot every month if not it stops recording once 128gb SIM card is filled up

Lately, it records for a few days and stops altogether. SD
card days 0mb left

My video cam is located about 2.5m above ground so it’s really a hassle climbing up and switching SIM cards etc

Moral of the story - avoid this damn brand and get more reputable ones

ck_ian69

Reaction score
And the support via WhatsApp with the guy from Korea, the support was fantastic at first. Now I can’t even be bothered to WhatsApp him cos he doesn’t reply

Please please avoid this brand

Hot2002

Reaction score

Support sucks
The manual speaks ****, I had to Google on its functions and even something as basic as where is the SIM card slot or how to reboot it is so difficult to find
The overwrite function doesn’t work, so I need to format and erase the card and do a reboot every month if not it stops recording once 128gb SIM card is filled up

card days 0mb left

My video cam is located about 2.5m above ground so it’s really a hassle climbing up and switching SIM cards etc

Need to use sineoji app to check the amount of space left. Once u see 0mb, just do a reboot remotely. This happens to me once in a while

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

Need your recommendations, please.

I intend to use a IP camera with sd card slot at location with no wifi, no real time monitoring required.

So far I found is TP link tapo c200 that support up to 128gb which probably record 16-20days before the older recordings get overwritten.

Is there any other that support bigger sd card?

Thanks in advance.

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Reaction score

Support sucks

card days 0mb left

Sineoji is ok one. Me been using for years. Dean very helpful guy.
Maybe you just suay.

fong411

Reaction score
Hello all
Anyone facing issues connecting to Sineoji IP camera?

Am using the 528V

Same! I have been using the cameras for a few years with no issue and suddenly, i can't view my cameras from outside of home anymore. The precise reason why I got these cameras were cos I didn't have to do port forwarding. But it seems like I have to take a step backwards.

Along with the other issues mentioned here... when I randomly check on my recordings, realised that the camera had stopped recording. Had to do the reboot and format SD card.

I'm on the lookout for other PnP cameras.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Same! I have been using the cameras for a few years with no issue and suddenly, i can't view my cameras from outside of home anymore. The precise reason why I got these cameras were cos I didn't have to do port forwarding. But it seems like I have to take a step backwards.

Along with the other issues mentioned here... when I randomly check on my recordings, realised that the camera had stopped recording. Had to do the reboot and format SD card.

if you really wan't you can check out xiaomi mijia ipcams (40-50 ish SGD) no port forwarding needed and works well.

Plug n play.. just need a Mi account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGgPPvsZC5c&t=23s

can find at shopee

get the global version

Hot2002

Reaction score

I have intermittent issues with viewing video remotely. I rely on port forwarding to view video remotely instead

Now it’s difficult to find cam that supports port forwarding

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.