The Watch Thread - Part 16

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh man appreciate all the replies with the stores potentially carrying Mido and I will contact them all.
In the case where I might need to purchase on Chrono24, anyone had experience they can share? And how to have the watch authenticated etc... Many thanks.

So this watch i sold via Carouhell, i saw some seller from Italy using my photos at Chrono24 and also saw a number of Russian sellers selling at ultra cheap price.

Like any other platform, it's not 100% genuine, make sure the seller have positive review.

Better buy @ Gnomon like someone suggested earlier.

theactualjudge

Reaction score
Okay 2021 i'm gonna get a good watch.

A Black watch.
Budget >$8000

I don't like Omega.

Recommendation pls.
i just tried the Zenith Defy El Primero 21 in black ceramic earlier this week. That piece is a beast. You got the double escapement, 1 for the running time and 1 for the chronograph. The chronograph is beating at 1/100. One you see the video / hands-on, you will always admire it. tbh it's underrated imo.

iamnotshawn

Reaction score
Anyone know how much does it costs to authenticate a watch at chuan watch or top hour? Do I have to make an appointment?

Sent from Samsung SM-G988B using GAGT

iamnotshawn

Reaction score
i just tried the Zenith Defy El Primero 21 in black ceramic earlier this week. That piece is a beast. You got the double escapement, 1 for the running time and 1 for the chronograph. The chronograph is beating at 1/100. One you see the video / hands-on, you will always admire it. tbh it's underrated imo.
The skeleton is nice. But find it slightly big at 44mm.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how much does it costs to authenticate a watch at chuan watch or top hour? Do I have to make an appointment?

top hour is about $50, no need prior appointment. just take note their opening hours. authentication is about 15mins only.

cichlid

Master Member
Reaction score
50650201263_d26ef0bdac_b.jpg

MadJax

Reaction score
top hour is about $50, no need prior appointment. just take note their opening hours. authentication is about 15mins only.

Do they open the back of your watch and provide certification if it is only 15mins?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they open the back of your watch and provide certification if it is only 15mins?

got pop backside but no paper verification, all verbally. probably around 15-20mins, let u take photos of the movement etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.