i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I came across this 2 videos.

Posted on 9 Jul 2018

Then again.

Posted on 30 Nov 2018

He really so suay?

Can I just check, how many of you have a Synology NAS and it kena problem, of one kind or another, before it hit 5yrs?

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You've changed settings http://192.168.XXX.XXX:5000 to https://192.168.XXX.XXX:5001?

U check your
Control Panel>Network>DSM Settings

I just changed my PC. I was logging into Synology NAS with out problem via 192.168.XXX.XXX:5000 on my old PC.

Then I tried to login to the Synology NAS again and it keep saying cannot.

So I reset the NAS and then login to Admin with blank password and change the password. It asked me to login again but show errors says :

192.168.XXX.XXX:5000 you are not authorised to access this service

I tried like 10 times, still the same. Bo bian, I power up my old PC and then tried to login from there and it shows 192.168.XXX.XXX:5001 instead and I could get in.

Any expert here can explain what went wrong?

StaRChO

Reaction score
You mean your Synology DS915+ is the cause of the power trip?

You changed power cable means you have another power adapter that has similar power output rating as the original power adapter? Or what?

Erm.. not the power adapter as i do not have spare. I mean i swop with another normal PC cable, tot it might be the fuse thats goner.. but it didnt work. Waiting for a reply from synology support.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean your Synology DS915+ is the cause of the power trip?

You changed power cable means you have another power adapter that has similar power output rating as the original power adapter? Or what?

Erm.. not the power adapter as i do not have spare. I mean i swop with another normal PC cable, tot it might be the fuse thats goner.. but it didnt work. Waiting for a reply from synology support.

For your DS915+, is it using power adapter or internal PSU?

tengg

Reaction score
Currently using Ds414. Planning to upgrade to a faster unit next year. I did alot of settings on DS414 when I first got it several years ago, and I have already forgotten what I have done. It's a taunting task to redo the settings on a new NAS. Is there any recommended video or site that guide user to do the general setup on a brand new NAS?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not even the DS420J :s11:

When I research, I didn't come across DS420J. Synology DS420+ is about $670, come with Dual core cpu and 2GB ram (Expandable to 6GB). Synology DS920+ is Quad-core and 4GB ram (Expandable to 8GB).

DS420J is about $420. Comes with 1GB and Quad-core 1.4Ghz, consider ok. Just that Synology purposely start a different design product line just to upsell their other models. But can consider.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using Ds414. Planning to upgrade to a faster unit next year. I did alot of settings on DS414 when I first got it several years ago, and I have already forgotten what I have done. It's a taunting task to redo the settings on a new NAS. Is there any recommended video or site that guide user to do the general setup on a brand new NAS?

Yes. Totally understand.

Watch this.

Thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.