SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

marktan4422

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, other physical activities too as u mentioned. But call up ict by itself doesn't need the hsp to be done, cos typically on the first day of ict the commander will call out those that need to do hsp and send them to the MO. These men typically will not join in strenuous activity. If things have changed liao then I dunno.

For Medical centre to conduct HSP need more specialize equipment like ECG machine. Also your blood sample needs to sent for testing in labs.

Not many Medical centre can do HSP.

In your case its actually your unit's S1 admin lapse to sent NSmen for HSP during ICT, by right NSmen should only be called up if they have cleared HSP.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, other physical activities too as u mentioned. But call up ict by itself doesn't need the hsp to be done, cos typically on the first day of ict the commander will call out those that need to do hsp and send them to the MO. These men typically will not join in strenuous activity. If things have changed liao then I dunno.

What kiwi said should be the norm.

They will just call you for Ict or ict briefing. Then those who need hsp will be given a date to go for hsp.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For Medical centre to conduct HSP need more specialize equipment like ECG machine. Also your blood sample needs to sent for testing in labs.

Not many Medical centre can do HSP.

In your case its actually your unit's S1 admin lapse to sent NSmen for HSP during ICT, by right NSmen should only be called up if they have cleared HSP.

I think the commander is more concerned with getting most of his cohort to finish all the cycles together so that very few will still need to either join another unit or do makeup ICTs to finish the cycle. If there is the requirement of completed HSP in order to qualify for ICT callup this will just make things worse by having more of such men.

So far I dun think there is the directive that binds the ICT callup to HSP, cos I think neither the commanders nor the men like it. For the commanders, it doesn't matter to call up a man whose HSP is not done yet, cos during the course of the ICT there is still the need for a pool of Attend B personnel for the usual fatigue party for menial work.

marktan4422

Banned
Reaction score
I think the commander is more concerned with getting most of his cohort to finish all the cycles together so that very few will still need to either join another unit or do makeup ICTs to finish the cycle. If there is the requirement of completed HSP in order to qualify for ICT callup this will just make things worse by having more of such men.

So far I dun think there is the directive that binds the ICT callup to HSP, cos I think neither the commanders nor the men like it. For the commanders, it doesn't matter to call up a man whose HSP is not done yet, cos during the course of the ICT there is still the need for a pool of Attend B personnel for the usual fatigue party for menial work.

In SAF its always if nothing happens then everything is fine. wait till one day some accident happens where a NSman not cleared of HSP go to PT, collapsed and died.

Its very vague relationship between HSP and ICT. In private sector or even when you want to sign on, you will need to undergo medical screening and cleared before you can join.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
In SAF its always if nothing happens then everything is fine. wait till one day some accident happens where a NSman not cleared of HSP go to PT, collapsed and died.

Its very vague relationship between HSP and ICT. In private sector or even when you want to sign on, you will need to undergo medical screening and cleared before you can join.

U dun have to worry about it. Servicemen not cleared HSP are compelled to join PT or other strenuous activity. They will just be treated as Attend B personnel.

Greent

Reaction score
Afternoon to fellow bros here.

I got 1 question cause i didn't do IPT before so need some small advice.

The system only appear "IPPT" icon in my screen so does that mean once i do the IPPT (1st session) then the system will ALLOW/SHOW you to book IPT,
am i right ?

Another 2 question

is the IPT conduct @ (park/FCC) resume already ?
Is it hard to clear the push up station using the machine ?

Thank a lot

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Afternoon to fellow bros here.

I got 1 question cause i didn't do IPT before so need some small advice.

The system only appear "IPPT" icon in my screen so does that mean once i do the IPPT (1st session) then the system will ALLOW/SHOW you to book IPT,
am i right ?

Another 2 question

is the IPT conduct @ (park/FCC) resume already ?
Is it hard to clear the push up station using the machine ?

Thank a lot

You have to select 'Access E Services' on the IPPT section of the ns.sg main page and from there select 'Book IPT'.

When you book IPT, it will automatically convert your 1st and 10th IPT sessions into IPT-IPPT shortly after you booked your IPT sessions so there is no need to book a IPPT session specifically as your 1st and 10th IPT session is already IPPT.

Also, all IPT and RT have not resumed yet.

Greent

Reaction score
Thank man !

Sian. I press the IPT-IPPT and totally cannot book.

All unavailable date.
Think i need to ask my officer for help liao since you guys mention IPT/RT haven't' resume ....

Windows close on 27/Feb

ragegoh

Reaction score
I managed to book ipt for Feb though. Is not available or the slots are full?

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I managed to book ipt for Feb though. Is not available or the slots are full?

My one is still unable to book IPT for this month, next month and Feb 2021 though.

Thank man !

Sian. I press the IPT-IPPT and totally cannot book.

All unavailable date.
Think i need to ask my officer for help liao since you guys mention IPT/RT haven't' resume ....

Windows close on 27/Feb

You are not alone, many people are in the same situation as you also.

My windows also closed a few days after the 7 Feb 2021 cut off date and I need to take IPT in order to fulfil my IPPT requirement also.

Greent

Reaction score
Dec/Jan/Feb all showing "Unavailable Date" for IPT.

If i press IPPT, i can select a few dates but not IPT.

Really buay gum lor, those after 7/2 one all eat "si mao" for RT.
They should wave off all 2020 slots than handful.

37 yrs old still need to do this IPPT. Jin sian.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You aren’t the only one facing the same issue ma.

See what they say lor.

If people can’t take IPT or IPPT cause they have limited slots, then can’t blame the person ma

Greent

Reaction score
Jin funny right !! lol.

Why they never realize this small move will eventually become a major problem.

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I believe the peeps at MINDEF are reasonable people and they should have a reasonable plan for us.

However I feel that there is a lack of communication from them. When they announced the resumption of IPPT they did not address the issues that those on IPT/RT whom window ends shortly after 7 Feb 2021 will face.. Especially when IPT/RT have not resumed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.