SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Greent

Reaction score
HTML:
I believe the peeps at MINDEF are reasonable people and they should have a reasonable plan for us.

However I feel that there is a lack of communication from them. When they announced the resumption of IPPT they did not address the issues that those on IPT/RT whom window ends shortly after 7 Feb 2021 will face.. Especially when IPT/RT have not resumed.

Yes. I totally agreed with your points as they only resume IPPT test
but didn't inform their next move for the IPT/RT ppls which lead to confusion. Well, the only thing can do now is email to unit, ask OC for advice
while trying to clear IPPT if can.

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HTML:
I believe the peeps at MINDEF are reasonable people and they should have a reasonable plan for us.

However I feel that there is a lack of communication from them. When they announced the resumption of IPPT they did not address the issues that those on IPT/RT whom window ends shortly after 7 Feb 2021 will face.. Especially when IPT/RT have not resumed.

Yes. I totally agreed with your points as they only resume IPPT test
but didn't inform their next move for the IPT/RT ppls which lead to confusion. Well, the only thing can do now is email to unit, ask OC for advice
while trying to clear IPPT if can.

I feels that back then they might have overlooked the fact that there are many who are in RT window or need to take IPT whose windows ends shortly after 7 Feb 2021 and the fact that they will have problems to fulfil their RT/IPT requirements in such a short time flame especially when IPT/RT have not resumed together with IPPT and is still suspended until now. Hopefully they are now aware of this.

But then I think there is a good chance that they might give us some waiver or extension or some sort especially when it is not our fault to begin with. Even if they did not say anything, we can still feedback to our unit's S8/DYS8 to seek for help.

I have once seeked help from my unit's DYS8 for help in some IPPT matters and was waived the charges. And for this case we have a very strong reason to 'fight' on. But anyway let's see what they will say when they resumed IPT/RT.

Last edited:

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stop, wtf... IPT can book already meh??? I called NS Call Centre earlier this afternoon and was told MINDEF has NOT resumed IPT bookings at all. Where is the lamb sauce that say can book IPT???

Got anyone who has a confirmed IPT slot for next Feb 2021 onwards to show?

It seems that for IPPT max 40 slots thereabouts for each FCC.

I find it hard to believe IPT booking even opened if there were that number of slots.

I don't think it is available for booking also.

Yesterday morning I logged in to ns.sg and all slots for Dec/Jan/Feb are unavailable and it is quite impossible that there is no even one slot available if it is available for booking.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feels that back then they might have overlooked the fact that there are many who are in RT window or need to take IPT whose windows ends shortly after 7 Feb 2021 and the fact that they will have problems to fulfil their RT/IPT requirements in such a short time flame especially when IPT/RT have not resumed together with IPPT and is still suspended until now. Hopefully they are now aware of this.

But then I think there is a good chance that they might give us some waiver or extension or some sort especially when it is not our fault to begin with. Even if they did not say anything, we can still feedback to our unit's S8/DYS8 to seek for help.

I have once seeked help from my unit's DYS8 for help in some IPPT matters and was waived the charges. And for this case we have a very strong reason to 'fight' on. But anyway let's see what they will say when they resumed IPT/RT.

When they come up with the date, they will definitely know who will be impacted and who aren’t if not they wouldn’t be able to send out the notification.

As much as there’s a lot of negative views about MINDEF/SAF, I don’t think that are that incompetent to not realise people whose window will close the day after their “arbitrary” will not be impacted if they are still suspending the activities and people cannot book.

I reckon it’s more like they don’t want to announce anything until they have a clearer picture of what’s going on with the virus. Who knows further waiver? Or an extended period to clear.

Don’t worry about the wrong thing.

Last edited:

marktan4422

Banned
Reaction score
ya cos i saw all the earlier posts by the other members that "slots were open for booking" which is quite contrary to what i was told by NS Call Centre. Unless its some kind of system glitch.

That's why i am looking for official sources that say now can actually book IPT.

I checked at arnd 2am last night the March IPT date was not yet open for booking, this morning I checked, March 1 became unavailable for booking - so i think its still not open yet.

I am still waiting to see who actually has successfully booked IPT slots.

IPT/RT should be suspended till next year

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stop, wtf... IPT can book already meh??? I called NS Call Centre earlier this afternoon and was told MINDEF has NOT resumed IPT bookings at all. Where is the lamb sauce that say can book IPT???

Got anyone who has a confirmed IPT slot for next Feb 2021 onwards to show?

It seems that for IPPT max 40 slots thereabouts for each FCC.

I find it hard to believe IPT booking even opened if there were that number of slots.
YdrtfpDl.jpg

Sent from . using GAGT

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Funny... how come you are able to book? My one still cannot book even for Feb 2021....

By right MINDEF will officially annouance when IPT/RT will be resume and available for booking....

BTW when is your window closing?
23rd July.

I managed to book 3 slots before cannot book.

Sent from . using GAGT

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
23rd July.

I managed to book 3 slots before cannot book.

Sent from . using GAGT

My window is closing on 18 Feb.

I am now wondering if they are blocking the bookings of those whose windows ends shortly after Feb 7 2021 (i.e mid-end Feb, March etc) instead.

Because if they are resuming the bookings on 1 Dec 0000 hours (somemore without officially annouancing so most ppl might not know) it can't be all slots have been booked when I logged in at around 8am on 1 Dec.

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My window is closing on 18 Feb.

I am now wondering if they are blocking the bookings of those whose windows ends shortly after Feb 7 2021 (i.e mid-end Feb, March etc) instead.

Because if they are resuming the bookings on 1 Dec 0000 hours (somemore without officially annouancing so most ppl might not know) it can't be all slots have been booked when I logged in at around 8am on 1 Dec.
Dunno. :(

Sent from . using GAGT

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just logged in to ns.sg again and still unable to book any slots.

By right when IPT/RT is going to resume and open for booking MINDEF will officially announce.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually why don’t write an email to NS contact centre. Put down your scenario. Get a b&w reply on how they will address your predicament when it’s no fault of yours if you can’t book.

nit3ex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wrote in to MINDEF to get a b&w response.

"MINDEF will be reopening FCCs for IPPT from 1 October 2020, in line with the effort to gradually resume more NS activities safely. SAF and HT NSmen will be able to book their IPPTs at the FCCs. HSPs will also resume from 1 Oct 20. However kindly be informed that IPT and RT sessions are suspended till further notice.

Should you require further assistance, please contact us at 1800 3676767, or +(65) 6567 6767 if you are calling from overseas. Alternatively, you can email us at contact@ns.sg or visit our website at www.ns.sg for more information.

We will be pleased to assist you

Best regards "

nit3ex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just logged in to check, cannot book any IPT/ RT sessions till early march. All blocked out.

ragegoh

Reaction score
For those who say cannot book. I doubt is cannot book. But rather, it’s full. No reason for us to troll you.

Greent

Reaction score
If full, i don't think ext 2 months is enough for all NSmen to clear.

I'm sincerely hoping they looking at this issue right now and i still waiting for my unit to response to me.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If full, i don't think ext 2 months is enough for all NSmen to clear.

I'm sincerely hoping they looking at this issue right now and i still waiting for my unit to response to me.
no need to he sincere about it.

If there is not enough supply. then is not your fault no?

get a B&W to cover yourself

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't worry la. You see army pattern you know they will extend to 2 years window to clear future ipt rt due to pandemic.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.