RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

NurSyaf1

Reaction score
Thanks, will try calling up SGH to see whether if it's possible to retrieve, from what I read online, it seems to be impossible, will try tomorrow in the day nonetheless.

In the event that I do get a prescription, I would probably look for a local retailer to have a free trial with the machine/masks before committing to a purchase, I think the best option would be to order online like you guys advised, since the price locally is really much more costlier.

it was Moderate OSA 5 years ago, not sure about right now, since tweaking of settings/air pressure is doable on my own, just more trial and error seems like.. so hopefully I won't have to go through a sleep study and waiting again

EDIT: Will sleeping on side help with OSA, I have a sleep app and I noticed the snoring gets significantly lesser when I sleep on my sides, like, will I not need the cpap if sleeping on side actually reduces or get rid of my AHI episodes at night?
can I just get a random not so branded cpap device online like carousell or lazada instead?
i have sleep apnea because of my weight and it has affected me for... 3 years? tried the sleep adjusting pillow and sleep patterns test and all but barely worked. my mum found this cpap ventilator , quite affordable but have other options, i chose this because looks slightly more credible

not gna lie, it helped me quite a bit, i don't snore, drool or have a terribly dry mouth when i wake up- y'all know what i mean.
you can give it a go and see if it helps! instead of renting, i personally find this one more hygienic :)))))))) hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have sleep apnea because of my weight and it has affected me for... 3 years? tried the sleep adjusting pillow and sleep patterns test and all but barely worked. my mum found this cpap ventilator , quite affordable but have other options, i chose this because looks slightly more credible

not gna lie, it helped me quite a bit, i don't snore, drool or have a terribly dry mouth when i wake up- y'all know what i mean.
you can give it a go and see if it helps! instead of renting, i personally find this one more hygienic :)))))))) hope you feel better soon!

This is a promoter (bot?) for shopee, and every post it has made promotes some product or other on that site. Please also report it so that hopefully it will be banned and removed.

The item in his post is an not a "cpap ventilator", but an ozone cleaning device, which are known to damage cpap units. They are not recommended, and using one will void the warranty for your cpap unit.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've bought all my machines and masks (Resmed S9/S10 and a number of masks and accessories) over the last 10+ years from cpap.com as opposed to 1800-cpap that most here use. I haven't done a detailed price comparison, but the 1-2 times I looked, cpap.com was cheaper.

Is 1800 popular because you don't need a prescription to buy? Just curious

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've bought all my machines and masks (Resmed S9/S10 and a number of masks and accessories) over the last 10+ years from cpap.com as opposed to 1800-cpap that most here use. I haven't done a detailed price comparison, but the 1-2 times I looked, cpap.com was cheaper.

Is 1800 popular because you don't need a prescription to buy? Just curious

I usually check out a few sites by adding all the items I want, and figure out the total cost with shipping - then buy from the site that is the cheapest. I've almost always found it would be 1800cpap, especially so when you use their 10% discount code (TAKE10).

At this time, a Resmed S10 Autoset is USD598 on cpap.com, but only USD530.1 on 1800cpap.com (USD589, less 10%)...

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I usually check out a few sites by adding all the items I want, and figure out the total cost with shipping - then buy from the site that is the cheapest. I've almost always found it would be 1800cpap, especially so when you use their 10% discount code (TAKE10).

At this time, a Resmed S10 Autoset is USD598 on cpap.com, but only USD530.1 on 1800cpap.com (USD589, less 10%)...

Actually the S10 is going for $48x now on cpap.com for black friday sale when I checked yesterday. Their sale prices are really good.

fmradio

Reaction score
Bought mask via 1800cpap and wasnt asked for the HSA permit. Received it via comgateway. Land shipping to portland is very slow more then a week. Air shipping via DHL only took 2 days from US to SG.

Do anyone have any advise on running or blocked nose under aircon environment? I had this issue for the longest time. Used humidifier, air purifier, no use. Also makes me use the cpap machine very uncomfortable as all the nasal issues will set in and I will just take if off in the middle of the night. Using a full face mask makes it a bit better cause can breathe through the mouth but it is uncomfortable when compared to a nasal mask.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought mask via 1800cpap and wasnt asked for the HSA permit. Received it via comgateway. Land shipping to portland is very slow more then a week. Air shipping via DHL only took 2 days from US to SG.

Do anyone have any advise on running or blocked nose under aircon environment? I had this issue for the longest time. Used humidifier, air purifier, no use. Also makes me use the cpap machine very uncomfortable as all the nasal issues will set in and I will just take if off in the middle of the night. Using a full face mask makes it a bit better cause can breathe through the mouth but it is uncomfortable when compared to a nasal mask.

I usually find using the nasal pillow and propping myself up a bit helps as the air helps to clear my blocked nose. A bit uncomfortable in the beginning but it’s fine and I can sleep through

Turning off aircond also helps a lot

fmradio

Reaction score
Usually the power adaptor is 100-240V should not be an issue. Since it is not motor type.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would there be a voltage concern if ordering equipment from overseas? thanks in advance.

ResMed S9/S10 come with 100-240 power brick, so no issues. Just need a US to SG adapter that you can get anywhere really cheap

Last edited:

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The details are listed in the product specifications (100-240V), please read before asking. Also answered in the post above you.

Just go for the auto-adjusting category which is what he needs. CPAP.com may be cheaper, can check to compare prices after shipping 7% GST applies in either case

Pick up some spare filters (check to ensure model match) as it’s a disposable item that you change every few weeks

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to buy for my hubby but we don't know which one to get.
His Doctor prescription is:
CPAP Pressure: AUTO
Settings: 4-15 cmH2O

Vendor List:
SG Medical

Price of CPAP Device: $1,988 (Model: AirSense 10 w/Humidifier)

Is it this one ?
https://www.1800cpap.com/airsense-10...er-by-resmed-3

Power adapter is compatible with SG ?

You mentioned he has a prescription, so that's good. You won't be able to import a unit without it.

If you're set on getting a ResMed S10 (*), what you want is either the:
a) USD589 Resmed S10 Autoset, or
b) USD679 Resmed S10 Autoset for Her.

This is the Auto CPAP model, with humidifier built in, but it does NOT include the optional "Climateline" heated hose. I am not sure if it includes a regular hose, or if you need to add one to your order as well.

If you're purchasing the ClimateLine separately, it'll costs
USD39 Climateline Heated Tube

But it is also possible to get it together with the S10 Autoset, for a little cheaper.
c) USD589 Resmed S10 Autoset w ClimateLine
d) USD699 Resmed S10 Autoset for Her w ClimateLine

It's a whole separate discussion if the heated line is necessary or not; or if you even need a humidifier at all. I don't use the humidifier while I am in SG, because SG's humidity is already higher than the target level of the heated humidifier, and I don't sleep with air-conditioning. However, it's built into the machine so you'll have to use it all the time. You'll need the optional USD21 side cover if you wish to use it without.

In the past, there was almost no price difference between the "S10 Autoset", and the "S10 Autoset for Her", so I would encourage people to purchase the "for Her" model because it includes one extra algorithm.

However, it seems they've caught on to that, and it don't think it'd be worth paying significantly more money just for it.

From the above, it would seem (c) might be the best value. There is a 10% discount code "TAKE10" for 1800cpap. Don't forget to use it.

Yes, the power adapter supports SG voltages, but you'll need to replace the power cord to plug it into SG's 3-pin sockets.

(*) The ResMed S10 is not the only Auto-CPAP on the market. There are many, many others that you can also consider - but if this is what your doctor is recommending, it would not be a bad idea to just get it. I'm using the same unit, and am quite happy with it.

Last edited:

XpapXpap

Reaction score
Just to add cpap.com offer for her the same price as the black colour one. I just ordered my for her there. It’s a lot cheaper after 20%. Only issues is that they are not so responsive compare to 1800. But if you don’t mind waiting then is fine cos you save than usd 100. For free shipping they took 4 business days to ship out. And they don’t ship direct to Singapore.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You'll need to figure out what is the cause of your blocked nose, and address that. It's not possible to have CPAP therapy with a pillow/nasal type mask when your nose is blocked, and your only option would be to use a full face mask.

I had enlarged turbinates and had surgery to address them. You should consult with your sleep doctor, and/or an ENT and figure out what the issue is for you.

Last edited:

Sarahlina

Reaction score
You mentioned he has a prescription, so that's good. You won't be able to import a unit without it.

If you're set on getting a ResMed S10 (*), what you want is either the:
a) USD589 Resmed S10 Autoset, or
b) USD679 Resmed S10 Autoset for Her.

This is the Auto CPAP model, with humidifier built in, but it does NOT include the optional "Climateline" heated hose. I am not sure if it includes a regular hose, or if you need to add one to your order as well.

If you're purchasing the ClimateLine separately, it'll costs
USD39 Climateline Heated Tube

But it is also possible to get it together with the S10 Autoset, for a little cheaper.
c) USD589 Resmed S10 Autoset w ClimateLine
d) USD699 Resmed S10 Autoset for Her w ClimateLine

It's a whole separate discussion if the heated line is necessary or not; or if you even need a humidifier at all. I don't use the humidifier while I am in SG, because SG's humidity is already higher than the target level of the heated humidifier, and I don't sleep with air-conditioning. However, it's built into the machine so you'll have to use it all the time. You'll need the optional USD21 side cover if you wish to use it without.

In the past, there was almost no price difference between the "S10 Autoset", and the "S10 Autoset for Her", so I would encourage people to purchase the "for Her" model because it includes one extra algorithm.

However, it seems they've caught on to that, and it don't think it'd be worth paying significantly more money just for it.

From the above, it would seem (c) might be the best value. There is a 10% discount code "TAKE10" for 1800cpap. Don't forget to use it.

Yes, the power adapter supports SG voltages, but you'll need to replace the power cord to plug it into SG's 3-pin sockets.

(*) The ResMed S10 is not the only Auto-CPAP on the market. There are many, many others that you can also consider - but if this is what your doctor is recommending, it would not be a bad idea to just get it. I'm using the same unit, and am quite happy with it.

Thank you for your input.
Why is (A) and (C) is the same pricing when (C) have extra climateline ?

nagase_4

Reaction score
Hi! Can i check if doc’s memo is the same as doc’s prescription?

Needa buy masks from 1800cpap...

XpapXpap

Reaction score
Yes it is the same. You can try cpap.com too. They are a little cheaper after 20% compare to 1800 if you enter your email to their subscription list. But they are slower to respond to queries and they take longer to ship out too. If you don’t need your equipment urgently then that could save you some money. Lastly they don’t ship to Singapore so you have to use a forwarder.

Hi! Can i check if doc’s memo is the same as doc’s prescription?

Needa buy masks from 1800cpap...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.