Prism+ TV

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just got a prism TV, but for some reason it does not play 4k. I've tried it for 4k Netflix show Kingdom and also a 4k YouTube video but when I look at the info, it's only playing at 2k...
Any reason why?
Prism+ Q55 model used at home.

Here's one screenshot I took for Ultra HD 4K:
C7-C9-F78-D-E929-4569-9721-F016-DD5-FBA65.jpg

Another for Dolby Vision:
4-A371-FAF-D488-4-ED5-BB35-80-E24-C8-FDF99.jpg

squeeish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading a heck load of comments, I decided not to go for Prism TVs. Was previously very interested in the Q65.

One thing to note on their official pages is that they delete/don't publish any reviews that are even slightly negative in nature. I know this because my very neutral review for Prism W270 did not get published.

JustBored

Reaction score
hows the wifi like? since its only 2ghz bandwidth. probably sufficient for media streaming aye.
only 3 hdmi ports, hows user interface? i hate my prism monitor's. haha.

Last edited:

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hows the wifi like? since its only 2ghz bandwidth. probably sufficient for media streaming aye.
only 3 hdmi ports, hows user interface? i hate my prism monitor's. haha.
I'm using LAN as the router is just beside the TV.
User interface is Android TV OS

GameTheory

Reaction score
It’s obvious Prism+ TV is one of the lowest end in the market.

Subpar price for Subpar quality, what do you expect lol

JustBored

Reaction score
I'm using LAN as the router is just beside the TV.
User interface is Android TV OS

I mean like the tv's feature/setting, like game mode maybe; sleep function; etc setting.
I saw a youtube review the mounting bracket blocking two hdmi ports, like wtf.

skthk21

Reaction score
How connect to my simple sound bar which has optical but tv only has coaxial output

orchardtown

Reaction score
Follow up to my Prism E65 that was screen damaged after 1 month without anyone in the house due to fengshui reason we couldn't move in till a certain date.

A. What happen was the TV screen suddenly had a spiderweb screen damage in the inside which affected the screen.

B. I told prism there was no one in the house and can't be my fault but they quickly deny and said its must be my fault and they don't cover this on warranty.

Our warranty only cover spare parts which is unlike what was written on their website.

C. I went to Google and apparently some brands also have this issue but rarely.

D. Upon seeing my email, prism immediately offered me a refurbish set at 799 for my E65" which they claim is out of goodwill but I felt they weren't even listening to the problem and seems like a pre scripted strategy. When I tried to expose the person, he denied it.

I asked for a fair judgement to get a technician to prove that the damage was done by me because there was no one at home so it clearly can't be done by me and was willing to even pay for the technician at my own expenses but prism best reply was oh we will only send a technician for him to tell u in the face that its a spiderweb damage without opening the TV to investigate and kept repeating to take the refurbish since I'm stuck with them

E. because I already spent 1k plus installing the bracket I gave in and said fine I'll get the whatever refurbish set which they claim is opened n returned as previous owner bought a wrong size.

F. Today the delivery guy came, so I casually asked how often this problems occur. He told me in the last 2 to 3 weeks, about 300 SETS of TV had this issue and prism hq denies to be their fault. CAN U IMAGINE THIS?

The driver said sometime customer not to blame, because can be many factors that cause a damage to the TV from order shipment, to delivering and installation.

These damages tend to only appear after a week or 2 and prism will always take a photo during the actual delivery to say here u go. No issue and its full responsibility of the owner.

G. This I took photo of the installation process and let's see if the same occurs

H. best part, prism got a new customer service to call me, he accidently spilled the beans to say actually I'm not buying a refurbish set, in their system I'm actually EXCHANGING it but paying full refurbish price for it.

The driver shared with me what PRISM do was they take back the OLD TV, remove out the expensive motherboard, spare parts and refurbish it to sell.

I. So when the installation team came to remove my old TV and replace with the new one. I asked them, since I bought this refurbish set, can I smash the old one since no value? The guy didn't want to say but just said the above will likely happen but they are installation team only so don't want to comment much

In summary, just becareful. U might just be able to pay for a proper LG or SAMSUNG. After sharing my post, there were also other victims who faced the same issue that spoke to me about this. Don't be the next.

I hope this post saves u some money. Cheers and merry christmas

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Follow up to my Prism E65 that was screen damaged after 1 month without anyone in the house due to fengshui reason we couldn't move in till a certain date.

A. What happen was the TV screen suddenly had a spiderweb screen damage in the inside which affected the screen.

B. I told prism there was no one in the house and can't be my fault but they quickly deny and said its must be my fault and they don't cover this on warranty.

Our warranty only cover spare parts which is unlike what was written on their website.

D. Upon seeing my email, prism immediately offered me a refurbish set at 799 for my E65" which they claim is out of goodwill but I felt they weren't even listening to the problem and seems like a pre scripted strategy. When I tried to expose the person, he denied it.

I asked for a fair judgement to get a technician to prove that the damage was done by me because there was no one at home so it clearly can't be done by me and was willing to even pay for the technician at my own expenses but prism best reply was oh we will only send a technician for him to tell u in the face that its a spiderweb damage without opening the TV to investigate and kept repeating to take the refurbish since I'm stuck with them

E. because I already spent 1k plus installing the bracket I gave in and said fine I'll get the whatever refurbish set which they claim is opened n returned as previous owner bought a wrong size.

F. Today the delivery guy came, so I casually asked how often this problems occur. He told me in the last 2 to 3 weeks, about 300 SETS of TV had this issue and prism hq denies to be their fault. CAN U IMAGINE THIS?

The driver said sometime customer not to blame, because can be many factors that cause a damage to the TV from order shipment, to delivering and installation.

These damages tend to only appear after a week or 2 and prism will always take a photo during the actual delivery to say here u go. No issue and its full responsibility of the owner.

G. This I took photo of the installation process and let's see if the same occurs

H. best part, prism got a new customer service to call me, he accidently spilled the beans to say actually I'm not buying a refurbish set, in their system I'm actually EXCHANGING it but paying full refurbish price for it.

The driver shared with me what PRISM do was they take back the OLD TV, remove out the expensive motherboard, spare parts and refurbish it to sell.

I. So when the installation team came to remove my old TV and replace with the new one. I asked them, since I bought this refurbish set, can I smash the old one since no value? The guy didn't want to say but just said the above will likely happen but they are installation team only so don't want to comment much

In summary, just becareful. U might just be able to pay for a proper LG or SAMSUNG. After sharing my post, there were also other victims who faced the same issue that spoke to me about this. Don't be the next.

Looks like it's still better to pay a little more for the big brands for better reliability and support, or get from the more reputable budget brands like TCL and Xiaomi.

Bardiel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Arent u the one that posted on FB sg complaint group? deleted post cos kena flame till no left over?

HWZ not ur private army leh. Durian drop by itself yes. Screen crack by itself u smoking who. Due to feng shui reason leh.

so now u buy tv or computer i need ask the feng shui shifu when is a good date good time to install or when i can install my game on my pc?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.