PE Board (professional engineer)

Arinkris123

Reaction score
Can I ask... how Long from the interview did the result come out?

Hi..is it fixed that the PE result come out every 3rd Thursday of month. As this month no result yet and third Thursday was yesterday. Will it means no PE pass this time

Arinkris123

Reaction score
Gxgx.... Huat ah!!!

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5A PRIME using GAGT
Hi..is it fixed that the PE result come out every 3rd Thursday of month. As this month no result yet and third Thursday was yesterday. Will it means no PE pass this time

qwertysuhu

Reaction score

Eh bro don't kancheong. Ask until three times hahaha. No I don't think it's stated anywhere official. It's just observation from watching the PEB website announcement for very very long time. Abuden now with covid maybe the registrar also work from home and the schedule maybe affected also.

U waiting for your result?

Matthew123456

Reaction score
I also grad in 2013
Have been working in consultant firm for 6 years and counting. Unlike u, no RE supervisory experience.

Fee take 1x
Ppe take 3x sia, finally pass this year despite 20.1% passing rate.

Still sitting on the fence for the pe interview, aiming to go in next year april-june period
Can pls share some PPE(Civil) material / experience? Than you very much.

Matthew123456

Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be taking PPE this year.

Can any sifu share with me some of the question that you encounter which specifically I need to focus?

If you are kind to share with me some of the notes or written points, that will be great also.

Thanks.
Can anyone pls share some PPE(Civil) material / experience / tips? Thank you very much.

Matthew123456

Reaction score
There will be 3 interviewers with the chief interviewer sitting at the middle.
The interviewer are usually experienced PE and academician.
The passing rate is undisclosed but my take is it is high at probably >50%.

To me, the interview is to assess your personality, confidence, decision making, problem solving, site experience and some technical skills. They may throw you any question from the submitted PE report, past projects that you've listed in the track record, or even any situation that they want to assess you at.

Some of the question that I've encountered are:
"Since you have experience in XXXX project, what if the scenario today is XXXXX, what will you do?"
"Since you have proposed this method of remedial / construction, what if it do not work as expected, and the wall moved 200mm?"
"Please elaborate the framework / work flow of your remedial work to ensure that it can really solve the problem"
"Your proposal of construction / remedial is costly, how do you justify this to the owner? Isn't XXX (Method B) a better proposal, why don't you use it?"
"Your proposal will NOT solve the issue! You have never considered XXXX, XXXX, XXXX. How can you propose something like this?! You sure this will not jeopardize public safety?"
"Do you know how difficult it is for your proposal to be executed on site? Have you actually went down to site and see how they do the work How u are going to ensure the quality of work on site?

It is not uncommon that one of the interviewer to be extremely aggressive and will question each and every answer that you've given. The engineering instinct are best tested under stressed situation.

My final word is you need to brush out your decision making and judgmental skill. For every decision / word that you've spoken, you must have your judgement. Usually there is no right / wrong decision, it is the amount of information / knowledge that you have in hand that is affecting your judgement and decision.

All the best.
Can pls share some PPE(Civil) tips? Thank you very much.

ccostagmont

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

PEB oso werk from home la dey...
Pandemic all attached to help elsewhere...
Where gotch time for updating...

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to take PPE(Electrical) and/or LEW8 ?

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

sephirothxz

Reaction score
Yes. You took LEW 8 written as well? For LEW 8 what is the scope asked?

Did you attempt PPE in year 2019? I find it very difficult to answer the paper as I am not in the field of consultancy, did not do much design/calculation more on the site testing. Didnt make it for ethics as well, now looking around for notes from IES to approach their questions. Would be happy if anyone could share.

I got my LEW 8 in year 2019. Written exam is less tedious than FEE, have to read up on electricity act, rg1, rg5 and know how to do small installation testing.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you attempt PPE in year 2019? I find it very difficult to answer the paper as I am not in the field of consultancy, did not do much design/calculation more on the site testing. Didnt make it for ethics as well, now looking around for notes from IES to approach their questions. Would be happy if anyone could share.

I got my LEW 8 in year 2019. Written exam is less tedious than FEE, have to read up on electricity act, rg1, rg5 and know how to do small installation testing.

I have not attempted PPE before , this year will be my 1st time attempting PPE.

I intend to use my NTU EEE notes to study for PPE. Got a module EE4503. The part on ethics i intend to go for the relevant IES course, but haven't seen any this year

Your time is written + interview tgt for lew8? Rg1 is the electrical worker regulation? Rg5 is electrical installation regulation? Small installation as in <45kVa?

Last edited:

sephirothxz

Reaction score
I have not attempted PPE before , this year will be my 1st time attempting PPE.

I intend to use my NTU EEE notes to study for PPE. Got a module EE4503. The part on ethics i intend to go for the relevant IES course, but haven't seen any this year

Your time is written + interview tgt for lew8? Rg1 is the electrical worker regulation? Rg5 is electrical installation regulation? Small installation as in <45kVa?

I think what was taught in EE4503 is only very surface. So have to gain some experience on the job to understand it. There is a IES ethics course (8th run) on 10 March 2021 but no more slot already. Not sure if you have any friends going?

Yea, written follow by interview, should be the same as now. Yes, RG1 and RG5. Electricity act also impt. Yea 45kVA, those test can be applied to 500kVA installation (which is within your licence capacity).

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think what was taught in EE4503 is only very surface. So have to gain some experience on the job to understand it. There is a IES ethics course (8th run) on 10 March 2021 but no more slot already. Not sure if you have any friends going?

Yea, written follow by interview, should be the same as now. Yes, RG1 and RG5. Electricity act also impt. Yea 45kVA, those test can be applied to 500kVA installation (which is within your licence capacity).

Ok, I only know some basic electrical design. Not familiar with lightning protection as I am not working in consultant firm. Sizing of generator, emergency lighting, fire alarm, ss538 Not familiar also. :(

I have to check with my friends or colleagues for the ethics course. If they are willing to share...I do remember there is a ethics guideline somewhere. Let me try to find.

Nowadays need pass written then qualify for interview.

The written test got test on High Tension? Or how to calculate tripping time of IDMTL relays? Or design of 150kVA board, etc? Or things like cs3 cs5 forms?

Means need to know SI and PI test and E/F setting? 500kVA most probably will use these. :(. Going to faint already.

Last edited:

sephirothxz

Reaction score
Ok, I only know some basic electrical design. Not familiar with lightning protection as I am not working in consultant firm. Sizing of generator, emergency lighting, fire alarm, ss538 Not familiar also. :(

I have to check with my friends or colleagues for the ethics course. If they are willing to share...I do remember there is a ethics guideline somewhere. Let me try to find.

Nowadays need pass written then qualify for interview.

The written test got test on High Tension? Or how to calculate tripping time of IDMTL relays? Or design of 150kVA board, etc? Or things like cs3 cs5 forms?

Means need to know SI and PI test and E/F setting? 500kVA most probably will use these. :(. Going to faint already.

My time in 2019 also same, pass exam then wait for interview.
High tension not in scope since it is outside LEW8 capacity.
I think calculating IDMTL relay should also be out of the question since it is relay specs dependent.
I only remember we are asked about designing switchboard but designing 500kVA is out of our limit, only can operate.

I see no worries for you since you are able to list out those technical knowledge of what LEW8 should have, just brush up those and more importantly is the Electricity act/RG1/RG5 that every LEW has to know and follow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.