RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! Can i check if doc’s memo is the same as doc’s prescription?

Needa buy masks from 1800cpap...

It isn't the same, but it can be accepted as documentation by HSA to import. HSA's requirement is that the letter/memo from your doctor has to confirm or justify that you need the item.

HSA: Bringing personal medical devices into Singapore
Individuals who needs to import "Professional-Use Only"* medical devices for their personal use are required to produce a letter from a doctor or a dentist confirming and justifying such need.

HSA: PERSONAL IMPORT APPLICATION FORM FOR MEDICAL DEVICES
Please submit the following documents for our review:
iii. Doctor Prescription/Memo, ...

Sarahlina

Reaction score
You'll be able to find the answer to that question here...

Thank you for your input to my previous questions.
Really helps alot in our decision.

Had already purchased with the 10% discount and use VPOST forwarder.
Had replied their email for Doc's Prescription and now it already shipped out.

nagase_4

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks alot for all the advices.

Had gotten a Resmed Airsense for her unit for trial. Bought a dream pillow P30i.
Anyone using it?

For me, when i use M, i find that i can breathe better but i wake up feeling pain in my nose, like as if my nose was being stretched.

I tried S, but i find that the airflow not as good as M.

Anyone facing the same issues?

class

Reaction score
Yes. Me.

I had Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction, followed by UPPP. UPPP redefined "pain" in wondrous technicolor for me. Didn't work (*), and I still need a CPAP. To top it off, it left some minor lasting side effects. :( (altered sense of taste). 12/10, would not recommend.

If I really wanted to be rid of the CPAP, the doctor told me that the next step would be Genioglossus Advancement and/or maxillomandibular advancement surgery - but he did not recommend it, and advised me to just stick with the CPAP instead. GA would weaken some bone structure or something (it involves drilling a hole somewhere as an anchor point if I recall), and MMA surgery will change the shape of your face/head. :eek:

(*) "work/didn't work" might be a relative term. UPPP surgery did significantly reduce my AHI, but it is still high, and I am still considered to have OSA. I need a CPAP if I wish to have a restful sleep.

What abt snoring?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What abt snoring?

Yes, I still snore if I sleep without a CPAP. It's not as loud as before (you could hear me while you were in the next room, with the door closed...), but it's still loud enough to keep you awake if you're trying to sleep in the same room with me.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone facing the same issues?

Most masks are designed with sizes to fit most people - but that does not mean it'll fit every person.

The only thing you can do is try a different mask (or masks). It might take you a couple to find one that fits and works well for you.

(I went though about 4-5 different masks, before I found one that I am very comfortable with).

nagase_4

Reaction score
yea bought a full face mask to cover both nose and mouth.
had a better night's sleep last nite.

will try for a full week before deciding if it's the one for me or i need to try another one.

Pakero

Reaction score
Anyone used ezBuy to ship a CPAP machine? Any issues with them with regards to the HSA permit?

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
Been using for a month of S10. Finally I can get to transferred my sleep statistic. When I pluck the SD card to my pc it was unreadable (not able to detect) formatted the card to exfat32 is readable by pc. I placed it back to machine to run for a night and the machine is not able to write the data into the memory card. What is wrong?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using for a month of S10. Finally I can get to transferred my sleep statistic. When I pluck the SD card to my pc it was unreadable (not able to detect) formatted the card to exfat32 is readable by pc. I placed it back to machine to run for a night and the machine is not able to write the data into the memory card. What is wrong?

The file system AND directory structure of the Resmed data cards are very specific.

If you formatted the card with your PC, all your previous data is now lost; there is nothing else you can do except have your Resmed unit format the card again. If you format it with your PC, it may not have the correct file system that the unit requires.

As for the directory structure, Windows will write a Folder called "System Volume Information" onto the card when you insert it into your PC. Resmed will then refuse to accept the card when it detects this change.

If this is your problem, you can try to fix it by deleting the "System Information Folder" via file explorer. If that does not work (because Windows keeps recreating the directory), do the following:

Open a command prompt (start->command prompt), change to the SD card drive (eg: "E:<enter>", and type this command:

Code:
rmdir "System Volume Information" /s /q

Type it exactly as you see, with the quotes, and with a space before and after the /s and /q commands. This will remove the folder. Put the SD card back in your unit, and it should work fine.

Always remember to write protect the sdcard when you take it out, and before you insert it into your PC. Also remember to flip it back to write enabled before putting it back in the unit.

Last edited:

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
The file system AND directory structure of the Resmed data cards are very specific.

If you formatted the card with your PC, all your previous data is now lost; there is nothing else you can do except have your Resmed unit format the card again. If you format it with your PC, it may not have the correct file system that the unit requires.

As for the directory structure, Windows will write a Folder called "System Volume Information" onto the card when you insert it into your PC. Resmed will then refuse to accept the card when it detects this change.

If this is your problem, you can try to fix it by deleting the "System Information Folder" via file explorer. If that does not work (because Windows keeps recreating the directory), do the following:

Open a command prompt (start->command prompt), change to the SD card drive (eg: "E:<enter>", and type this command:

Code:
rmdir "System Volume Information" /s /q

Type it exactly as you see, with the quotes, and with a space before and after the /s and /q commands. This will remove the folder. Put the SD card back in your unit, and it should work fine.

Always remember to write protect the sdcard when you take it out, and before you insert it into your PC. Also remember to flip it back to write enabled before putting it back in the unit.

Hi Dreamt, thanks for sharing so much details. I will have a try tonight. My issue now is that if I put a reformatted exfat32 card into resmed unit for it to reformat itself. Will this works?

I face issue when I tried to plug into the pc and I get error the card is invalid (something along the line) I will confirm tonight.

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
It seems to be working fine now. Let me monitor for another few days. Thank you.

Seri02

Reaction score
hi, my Resmed cpap machine stopped working last night. the power adapter not lighted even after i switch off and on. Any idea what is the issue here? Got the set in 2017. Do you think i can use a 90 watt laptop power adapter to replace the Resmed ori power adapter?

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Have you all tried wedge pillow?

I heard from few fellas it works to certain extend to some of them. One of them told me he used the machines on n off with but always with the wedge pillow

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, my Resmed cpap machine stopped working last night. the power adapter not lighted even after i switch off and on. Any idea what is the issue here? Got the set in 2017. Do you think i can use a 90 watt laptop power adapter to replace the Resmed ori power adapter?

Probably best option would be to bring it in to the local distributor to try and troubleshoot. If it is just the power adapter only, it should not be too expensive to replace. 1800cpap has the S10 power supply for about USD57 (after using the 10% discount coupon).

Before you bring it in, maybe just try to replace the power cord to the adapter first, to make sure that isn't the problem.

recca85

Reaction score
Is there any valid promo codes for any website now?
I am thinking of getting the philips dreamstation go or just philips dreamstation or a S10.
Most likely getting the dreamstation go since it is still cheaper than dreamstation itself that is sold in SG.
Any comments for it?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any valid promo codes for any website now?
I am thinking of getting the philips dreamstation go or just philips dreamstation or a S10.
Most likely getting the dreamstation go since it is still cheaper than dreamstation itself that is sold in SG.
Any comments for it?

Make sure you have a valid prescription before you try to purchase a unit and import from overseas.

1800cpap has a 10% discount code "take10".

If you are thinking about a travel sized cpap, you might like to read some of the earlier posts in this thread...

Last edited:

recca85

Reaction score
Been trying to look through but not much direct comparision.
Now trying to compare prices across while waiting for the holiday to provide a prescription.

My TTSH doc only gave me a vendor list and AHI value with his stamp.
Only when I started looking through here then I see the need for prescription. I can't believe an experienced doctor is so "unprofessional". He has a on job trainee doctor with him too. The clinic got my sleep report ready but I ask them if it is a memo or prescription but they say it is not. So now have to wait again.

1800 just gave me a 10% code "SLEEP" but 1800 is more exp than CPAP.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.