OCBC Titanium Mastercard

natnaes

Reaction score
Believe he/she is referring to using other cards that are more laxed and easier to clock the spends for benefits, like online or paywave category is easier to determine than specific MCCs which is a gamble unless you have done a transaction before and is sure of the MCC especially for big purchases.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

Paywave yes PPV and Revo are quite good for those but for Online I don't think there is a card that doesn't rely on MCC or merchant coding.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fone,

Was the transaction posted in October or November?

5 OCBC$ will be credited for every S$5 spend (i.e. the Base OCBC$) when the transaction is posted.

The remaining 45 OCBC$ (i.e. the Bonus OCBC$) will be credited by the end of the following month, computed based on the relevant transaction posting date.

^DG

It is in my statement, dated 27 Oct, so I should be receiving the bonus by end November?

Edited: Call center got back to me and credited the missing bonus miles. To all, please check your bonus miles, since mine can be missing, yours can too.

Last edited:

Unicorn123

Reaction score
Hello, can I check if ikea purchase on both online and offline are eligible to 10x ocbc$?
If so, under furniture category only or includes lightings etc.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
It is in my statement, dated 27 Oct, so I should be receiving the bonus by end November?

Edited: Call center got back to me and credited the missing bonus miles. To all, please check your bonus miles, since mine can be missing, yours can too.

Hi fone,

Understand you've managed to speak to a service executive on this, thank you.

^XF

someusername

Reaction score

I've had both cashback and bonus OCBC$ missing from this card which required follow up to get properly credited - so it is not unusual. To be fair to OCBC I've also had many instances where UOB PPV did not properly award 4mpd requiring follow up with UOB.

One thing to be aware of is that in my case the OCBC$ which were manually credited to fix errors had 12 month expiry rather than 24 month expiry which required additional follow up.

eyjja1

Reaction score
Paywave yes PPV and Revo are quite good for those but for Online I don't think there is a card that doesn't rely on MCC or merchant coding.

Hi

The best thing about the OCBC TR is the 12k annual cap so it "provides" the most rewards for 1-time big purchases. Most other cards have a 1k limit per month, the DBS WMC has a 2k limit per month if you meet the spending requirements.

The problem is if the MCC becomes a lottery it is much "safer" to just use a general spending card.

justjosh

Reaction score
Hi

The best thing about the OCBC TR is the 12k annual cap so it "provides" the most rewards for 1-time big purchases. Most other cards have a 1k limit per month, the DBS WMC has a 2k limit per month if you meet the spending requirements.

The problem is if the MCC becomes a lottery it is much "safer" to just use a general spending card.
Even if you misclassify 50% of the spend on your card, you still get (4x+0.4)/2 = 2.2 mpd which is still better than the 1.2 mpd of a general spend card.

Kfc2019

Reaction score
Even if you misclassify 50% of the spend on your card, you still get (4x+0.4)/2 = 2.2 mpd which is still better than the 1.2 mpd of a general spend card.

not quite understand your calculation.
eg. I spent 1k in the so call wrong category, I will only get 1000 Ocbc basic points which equiv. to 400miles, so is 0.4 mpd, right?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not quite understand your calculation.
eg. I spent 1k in the so call wrong category, I will only get 1000 Ocbc basic points which equiv. to 400miles, so is 0.4 mpd, right?

if you spend $1k wrong, $1k right.

(1000×0.4+1000×4)/2000 =2.2

Kfc2019

Reaction score
Hi there,

We are sorry to learn that your transaction was not eligible.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men’s and Boys’ Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women’s Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women’s Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children’s and Infants’ Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men’s and Women’s Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

On top of that, transactions made with the following of eligible merchants (or as stated on the OCBC Titanium Rewards Website from time to time) will earn Bonus OCBC$:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

A merchant category code (MCC) is a four digit number assigned by payment card organisations (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express), which OCBC Bank has no discretion over.

Please note that the merchant's registered MCC may not always correspond with its nature of business. For example, a retail store can be registered as a Duty Free Store (MCC 5309) and Financial Institution (MCC 6012) even though it sells a variety of retail products, including electronics and gadgets and personal care.

^DG

Hi DG,

How about Gain City?
Going to do bulk purchase that cost more than 10k.
I really don't want later there is any dispute again.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi DG,

How about Gain City?

Hi there,

MCCs are determined by the card associations (MasterCard/VISA), and is not within OCBC's control. To avoid providing incorrect information to cardholders, we will not be able to advise on the MCC of a merchant beforehand.

If you have made a transaction, we will be able to look into it, and advise on the MCC.

^DG

Last edited:

someusername

Reaction score
Hi DG,

How about Gain City?

Buy the cheapest thing you can find at Gain City. When the transaction clears phone OCBC and ask them the MCC and confirm that it wins the MCC lottery. Then buy your $10K item and hope that the MCC hasn't changed...

Supposedly the MCC for Gain City is 5732.

memorandum

Reaction score

My bonus miles for Nov are in but Alibaba transactions are all not given the bonus. Have called in to customer service, hoping for a positive response soon and no need to "argue" more.

Hi Unicorn123,

Any purchases made at IKEA will earn you bonus OCBC$.

You may refer to 2C in the T&C here:
https://www.ocbc.com/iwov-resources...rewards-credit-card-programme-wef-1sept20.pdf

Thank you!

^XF

@OCBC, Alibaba is among the 12 merchants explicitly mentioned as eligible merchants. They should automatically be awarded to customers. As per clause 2c in the T&C.

sonyee

Reaction score
Krisshop OCBC Titanium Rewards eligibility

Hi there

I'm considering getting a Sony A7III Camera at $2,499 from Krisshop. If I use the OCBC Titanium Rewards, will I get 10x OCBC$ for this purchase?

Thank you!

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
My bonus miles for Nov are in but Alibaba transactions are all not given the bonus. Have called in to customer service, hoping for a positive response soon and no need to "argue" more.

@OCBC, Alibaba is among the 12 merchants explicitly mentioned as eligible merchants. They should automatically be awarded to customers. As per clause 2c in the T&C.

Hi memorandum,

Please share your contact number with us via PM, so we may inform our colleague assisting you on the matter to share updates with you on this, thank you.

^XF

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi there

I'm considering getting a Sony A7III Camera at $2,499 from Krisshop. If I use the OCBC Titanium Rewards, will I get 10x OCBC$ for this purchase?

Thank you!

Hi sonyee,

It will depend on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will not be able to check on the MCCs prior to a purchase, as this is determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

We will only be able to check a merchant's MCC after the purchase is charged to the card. Seeking your kind understanding on this, thank you.

^XF

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.