LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

Haman

Reaction score
Is there a place to get the disc locally? Amazon doesn't seem to ship the item here.

You can get this from Amazon US, Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc 2nd Edition. They also have the UHD 4K version but not shipping to SGP yet.

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
You can get this from Amazon US, Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc 2nd Edition. They also have the UHD 4K version but not shipping to SGP yet.

Yup, I searched Amazon and it is not shipping to SG. Is there any difference between the 2nd Edition and 4K version? Both calibrate similarly?

Haman

Reaction score
Yup, I searched Amazon and it is not shipping to SG. Is there any difference between the 2nd Edition and 4K version? Both calibrate similarly?

Hi, I'm not sure which seller you chose in Amazon, but the one I'm looking at is from Scenic Labs and they ship to SGP.
The difference between 4K and the bluray is the inclusion of HDR patterns and a few others in the UHD 4K version.

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this tv is really good. enjoying watching Netflix movies on it. think made the right choice. its huge and satisfying watching it.
but I think oled is even more awesome. Next time perhaps

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Can check with other owners here when you touch the frame or back panel of the TV, do you feel electricity is leaking?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can check with other owners here when you touch the frame or back panel of the TV, do you feel electricity is leaking?

hi yes i do feel that.. so i try not to touch/rub against the panel...

after a couple months of using this TV.. have already gotten used to it and really no complaints for that price... :s13:

petetherock

Reaction score
hi yes i do feel that.. so i try not to touch/rub against the panel...

after a couple months of using this TV.. have already gotten used to it and really no complaints for that price... :s13:

Does it use a 3 pin plug?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does it use a 3 pin plug?

hi, yes it does...

my experience is that whenever i reach to the back to meddle with the cables i will avoid touching the surface as there seems to be some Current/static flowing thru.. not a good feeling. :o

petetherock

Reaction score
hi, yes it does...

my experience is that whenever i reach to the back to meddle with the cables i will avoid touching the surface as there seems to be some Current/static flowing thru.. not a good feeling. :o

I think internally the grounding isn't so good. You could try to get a cable and touch another metal surface elswhere.. or use a conditioner with a grounding cable..

Anyways I seldom go back there too. But BEWARE. Never hot unplug a HDMI cable especially if your back panel is live...

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
I think internally the grounding isn't so good. You could try to get a cable and touch another metal surface elswhere.. or use a conditioner with a grounding cable..

Anyways I seldom go back there too. But BEWARE. Never hot unplug a HDMI cable especially if your back panel is live...

OMG, I did it once (HDMI 1) after testing out the HDMI cable. What will happen?

By the way, not sure why Netflix isn't showing a lot of 4K content available for the TV.

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do u guys always leave this TV on standby mode? or it is better to off the mains switch when not in use?

^Tripper^

Reaction score
Sounds like this set has some backlight bleed. Am wondering if it can be mitigated with calibration, at least somewhat.

petetherock

Reaction score
Sounds like this set has some backlight bleed. Am wondering if it can be mitigated with calibration, at least somewhat.
This is only a 3k plus 82 inch TV bro... if you paid 3k for a 55" OLED, you may expect more... but I'll say the tech behind this kind of panel / TV will not give you that kind of image...
just saying so you know what you're getting yourself into..

^Tripper^

Reaction score
Not expecting anything close to OLED, that’s for sure. :) What I’m saying is that I’ve noticed most TVs tend to have the brightness setting turned way up on “standard” presets, the “store demo” setting if you will. Wondering if that’s the cause of the mentioned backlight bleed or if it’s really inherent to this tv. Again, not expecting anything close to OLED or even higher end LEDs, just wondering if the bleed is really that obvious.

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Not expecting anything close to OLED, that’s for sure. :) What I’m saying is that I’ve noticed most TVs tend to have the brightness setting turned way up on “standard” presets, the “store demo” setting if you will. Wondering if that’s the cause of the mentioned backlight bleed or if it’s really inherent to this tv. Again, not expecting anything close to OLED or even higher end LEDs, just wondering if the bleed is really that obvious.

I never had a high end TV, so the backlight bleed is still acceptable for me as it looks normal (bleed is obvious like my past TVs).

And agreed with petetherock, it is a budget TV for its size and size das my main consideration when making the purchase.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.