Custom In-Ear Monitors information & discussion thread

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it, I've gotten a KZ ZS10 pro (4BA + 1 Dynamic), a case and replacement cable. Since my Fold and Tab S5e don't have 3.5mm audio port, I'd also ordered an iBasso DC02 (shipped already, otw to Sg).
pOCWz5p.jpg

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys i've been quite out of touch with portable audio hobby. I see nowadays so many new brands offering CIEM and IEMs at "ridiculous" prices. Hoping to get updated.

Are the big old players JH, Fitear obsolete? Went to headfi even those Noble, Unique Melody get no mention :O

I'm still loving my JH Roxanne V1 and it's still holding strong but have always thought to myself if it dies i'd probably give Fitear a try. And recently i was about to order a Dragonfly Cobalt for my phone and when reading reviews (again on headfi) nobody seems to talk about AQ and most of the talk are about Meizu, Ibasso usb dac.

JHAudio and Fitear are not obsolete, but they are brands to focus a lot more pro-audio than newer CIEM brands.

Just go around and try out other brands like 64 Audio and FiR Audio and let your own preferences decide.

Seth Lee

Reaction score
Vision Ears Elysium Customs

An impressed audiophile with his new toy!

Last edited:

prodigy

Reaction score
Need some recommendation & advice here:
Option between Aaw AXH & ASH universal fit in-ear.
Usually listening to cantopop, rock & sometimes heavy metal..
Normally using iPhone & Spotify for daily listening, maybe will buy fiio M6 portable player.
Currently using Shure SE425 & Westone W4R, intend to upgrade it..
Noted that impedance for ASH is 30 ohms, does it support if using smartphone or do I need amp to boost it?

Last edited:

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi waiting for Empire Ears to chut customs for their ESR MK2

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A5010

lunarsong

Reaction score
Is CA Andromeda still considered a good IEM?

I'm using one. take note that it is in metal casing.

i will get a lot of static when I'm using it with my laptop when it's charging and it's unusable. it's ok when i am not charging.

audiolocheese

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new AAW A3H+? The pricing is quite attractive. I am waiting for Empire Ears ESR II to be available in CIEM.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some advice on cable matters - have got a Linum SuperBax cable with some insulation fraying (see attached photo). Fairly surprised as the cable is rarely used and was touted to be quite sturdy.

Not sure what are the repair options available? Wire strands are intact.

nazHMWd.jpg

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some advice on cable matters - have got a Linum SuperBax cable with some insulation fraying (see attached photo). Fairly surprised as the cable is rarely used and was touted to be quite sturdy.

Not sure what are the repair options available? Wire strands are intact.

nazHMWd.jpg

A stop-gap solution is to use a glue lined heatshrink over the affected area.

However, what I can say is that once the insulation has become brittle and breaks, the cable is pretty much gone case.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
A stop-gap solution is to use a glue lined heatshrink over the affected area.

However, what I can say is that once the insulation has become brittle and breaks, the cable is pretty much gone case.

Thanks. So far the insulation break is limited to only a small section of the cable (still not sure why). Will try the glue heat shrink. Meanwhile, what are the solutions to seal the ends of the glued heatshrink, to prevent moisture from entering?

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So far the insulation break is limited to only a small section of the cable (still not sure why). Will try the glue heat shrink. Meanwhile, what are the solutions to seal the ends of the glued heatshrink, to prevent moisture from entering?

You do not need to seal the ends of glue lined heatshrinks as they contain hot glue on the inside. The glue itself will do the sealing.

Also your cable is litz (enamel coated wires), hence, it is very resistant to oxidation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.