View Single Post
Old 23-12-2020, 12:36 AM   #991
dreant
Supremacy Member

Been using for a month of S10. Finally I can get to transferred my sleep statistic. When I pluck the SD card to my pc it was unreadable (not able to detect) formatted the card to exfat32 is readable by pc. I placed it back to machine to run for a night and the machine is not able to write the data into the memory card. What is wrong?
The file system AND directory structure of the Resmed data cards are very specific.

If you formatted the card with your PC, all your previous data is now lost; there is nothing else you can do except have your Resmed unit format the card again. If you format it with your PC, it may not have the correct file system that the unit requires.

As for the directory structure, Windows will write a Folder called "System Volume Information" onto the card when you insert it into your PC. Resmed will then refuse to accept the card when it detects this change.

If this is your problem, you can try to fix it by deleting the "System Information Folder" via file explorer. If that does not work (because Windows keeps recreating the directory), do the following:

Open a command prompt (start->command prompt), change to the SD card drive (eg: "E:<enter>", and type this command:

rmdir "System Volume Information" /s /q
Type it exactly as you see, with the quotes, and with a space before and after the /s and /q commands. This will remove the folder. Put the SD card back in your unit, and it should work fine.

Always remember to write protect the sdcard when you take it out, and before you insert it into your PC. Also remember to flip it back to write enabled before putting it back in the unit.

Last edited by dreant; 23-12-2020 at 02:04 AM..
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote