LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

^Tripper^

Reaction score
I never had a high end TV, so the backlight bleed is still acceptable for me as it looks normal (bleed is obvious like my past TVs).

And agreed with petetherock, it is a budget TV for its size and size das my main consideration when making the purchase.

Noted. Thanks for sharing. :)

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you’re watching 4k no issues at all
Didn’t you buy this three months ago?
Saw you asking back then ..

yeah refreshing my mind on ideal distance.so I connect to hdmi 2.1 for ps5gaming. this TV can refresh rate is 120hertz?

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
I see dust building up on the TV screen. How do you all maintain cleanliness of your TV?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats awesome. wonder how is the image quality like compared to OLED CX

cannot compare bah.. image wise definitely CX48 with the perfect black.. in the long run, need to be careful of burn in though.. the LG still looks great but i am now gaming more on the CX48 due to the convenience.

I see dust building up on the TV screen. How do you all maintain cleanliness of your TV?

i also have this problem.. think no choice must wipe.. but be careful.. cos i feel there is current running thru when i touch the Tv.

hyper_megaman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wait what, why got current one. is anyone else facing the same problem?

Are you all using the proper 3 pin plug and plugged into a grounded socket?

hyper_megaman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wait what, why got current one. is anyone else facing the same problem?

Are you all using the proper 3 pin plug and plugged into a grounded socket?
hi can trouble you guys to share your experiences with the electricity leakage? i'm looking at buying this tv right now, but I have a 3 year old kid and I don't want potential danger lurking around the house.

is it possibly a bad design on LG's part? how come so many people got current problem one? isn't it a plastic case also?

hyper_megaman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi can trouble you guys to share your experiences with the electricity leakage? i'm looking at buying this tv right now, but I have a 3 year old kid and I don't want potential danger lurking around the house.

is it possibly a bad design on LG's part? how come so many people got current problem one? isn't it a plastic case also?
Can I also ask for your opinions on the issue of black smearing in VA panels in this particular model? I read through the entire thread and it seems like the VA panel in this model works differently / better than normal VA panels.

Aquarius81

Master Member
Reaction score
This is only a 3k plus 82 inch TV bro... if you paid 3k for a 55" OLED, you may expect more... but I'll say the tech behind this kind of panel / TV will not give you that kind of image...
just saying so you know what you're getting yourself into..

Any ideal if this 82 model compare to 86 model ? :s11:

Is it worth it ?

CX is good but the size abit smaller.

ahfatpanda

Reaction score
Hi all the bros here saw you have talking on LG will be a better choice

Need some advise.

I saw samsung SAMSUNG TU8000 82 inch @ $2799.00.

a good price to buy or go for LG 82UN8100PTB $3761.00?

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all the bros here saw you have talking on LG will be a better choice

Need some advise.

I saw samsung SAMSUNG TU8000 82 inch @ $2799.00.

a good price to buy or go for LG 82UN8100PTB $3761.00?

From what I know, LG 82 UN 8100 can be bought at around 3k. Or slightly lower

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.