Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas

xtinkz

Reaction score
Oh, if no external input ports for the TV on board then no way to connect liao. RC probably disable them intentionally

How do you switch to HDMI input for the cabin TV? Was onboard back in Dec, cannot find the input button on the in-house remote, and there's no physical buttons on the TV panel.

Jiaxin1234

Reaction score
New here and also first time in cruise.
Just gotten an email from RC today that they have upgraded my room from balcony to Junior suite.

Any kind souls can enlighten me know the below?
1. JS comes with coastal kitchen and I've also previously bought unlimited dining package. Thinking it's still worthwhile to keep the dining package?

2. Anyone one recent cruise and manage to book coastal kitchen? I'll be of 2pm check in but also saw some commented that they can't have any reservation made despite being first few on the cruise?

Any other tips for first time cruiser? Will be on the 14th ship :p

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Just gotten an email from RC today that they have upgraded my room from balcony to Junior suite.

1. JS comes with coastal kitchen and I've also previously bought unlimited dining package. Thinking it's still worthwhile to keep the dining package?

2. Anyone one recent cruise and manage to book coastal kitchen? I'll be of 2pm check in but also saw some commented that they can't have any reservation made despite being first few on the cruise?

You upgraded through RoyalUp bidding?

teambbq

Reaction score

Just came back from the cruise, had a JS too so I could go to Coastal Kitchen for dinners only. No issue for me— I went straight to Coastal Kitchen on day 1, 5.30pm and managed to get in immediately (2A2C). Day 2 I dined at main dining room instead to have a different experience, Day 3 i went during lunch hour to make a dinner reservation, was told it’s full but they managed to still get an 8pm slot for me.

teambbq

Reaction score
This wasn't true, we are level 13 and have one of the last disembark times. Thankfully had no problems changing to earlier at guest services. Anyway I doubt anyone will block from allowing people to get off the ship at any time...

I second this. I was on deck 9, disembark timing given for 7am. I was 15 mins late, but no issue.

slushie

Reaction score
I second this. I was on deck 9, disembark timing given for 7am. I was 15 mins late, but no issue.

Yes, just go to guest service to change the tag number. We were initially given a tag to leave around 8.15am but switched to the last tag number 46 so we could leave at 10.30am. But they cleared the passengers so fast that we ended up being the last few stragglers leaving the ship at 9.50am haha.

bluegt

Reaction score
Good to hear people are getting it with RoyalUp!

Coastal Kitchen is meant to have better food than MDR/Windjammer, but not as good as the specialty restaurants. You are also taking a risk that you don't get a reservation at CK - many previously people have reported it's quite difficult but this all depends how full your cruise is.

I have a JS on an upcoming cruise, but planning to keep my Unlimited Dining Package.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, just go to guest service to change the tag number. We were initially given a tag to leave around 8.15am but switched to the last tag number 46 so we could leave at 10.30am. But they cleared the passengers so fast that we ended up being the last few stragglers leaving the ship at 9.50am haha.

i see. can change the number tag. i want to disembark at 8am for my coming trip..want to eat breakfast shiok shiok at windjammer 1st

chesterchen

Reaction score
How do you switch to HDMI input for the cabin TV? Was onboard back in Dec, cannot find the input button on the in-house remote, and there's no physical buttons on the TV panel.

There is a physical button at the bottom of the TV, towards the right side. Clicking it will toggle the different sources, and holding it down will select the source.

chesterchen

Reaction score
Just received this.

Royal Caribbean Singapore 3/4 Night Ocean Getaway: Starting from $299*

Travel Period:
3 Night Ocean Getaway
Singapore Departures
2021 Jan 18, 25,
Feb 1, 8, 15, 22
Mar 1, 8, 15

4 Night Ocean Getaway
Singapore Departures
2021 Jan 21, 28,
Feb 4, 11, 18, 25
Mar 4, 11, 18

Valid for new bookings from 7 – 11 Jan 2021.

*Prices quoted are per person in Singapore dollars, based on cruise fare only. Taxes & gratuities ranging from $112 to $132 apply to all guests. Other terms apply.

For any enquiries or booking, please email: salessg@rcclapac.com

xtinkz

Reaction score
But is there a hdmi input port on the tv?
I probably will bring switch along to keep my kids entertained.

There is a physical button at the bottom of the TV, towards the right side. Clicking it will toggle the different sources, and holding it down will select the source.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has experience staying in spacious ocean view cabin like 11510, 10510 or 9510 ? might consider booking my 2nd trip in 1 of these room

emokia

Reaction score
Are the swab details given to us before check in or we need to arrange ourselves separately?

My impression was it will be done before onboard.

slushie

Reaction score
Are the swab details given to us before check in or we need to arrange ourselves separately?

My impression was it will be done before onboard.

They will send you a link about a week before for you to schedule your test date and time at raffles city convention centre. Test date will be either 2 or 3 days before your sail date.

pooopy

Reaction score
They will send you a link about a week before for you to schedule your test date and time at raffles city convention centre. Test date will be either 2 or 3 days before your sail date.
Will we be able to change the date/time if we are unable to make it for the swab test?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.