Reservist Matters

AndresIniesta88

Reaction score
Hello,
Anyone here is from the Main Combat Support Battalion NS unit?
Just curious as to how would a high key reservist in this unit be like cos I just called up after 7 years since I ORD-ed.
Thanks!

AndresIniesta88

Reaction score
Oh! So I am guessing if I was a B veh technician last time, I would be expecting the exact same with a 3D2N outfield as well?

acewind

Reaction score
Anyone went back reservist recently? Eg nov20-Jan21. Is it all must get swab test on first day? What to expect during this Covid period? Smaller group size? Going back ICT in late Jan

AndresIniesta88

Reaction score
Anyone went back reservist recently? Eg nov20-Jan21. Is it all must get swab test on first day? What to expect during this Covid period? Smaller group size? Going back ICT in late Jan

My friend went back in November. He said first and last day burn away because of swabbing. Hahahaha

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I went back for reservist 2 months ago and we were grouped as 'functional group' (A platoon is in the same functional group) and we are not supposed to interact with people from other functional groups.

Also we need to have swab test once per week. For the 1st swab test it will be done during inpro.

For accommodation wise we were spreaded out. Some will have their bunks in other buildings with empty bunks within the camp instead of all being housed in the reservist training centre's bunks. Also we cannot change bunks as we liked last time.

acewind

Reaction score
a few friends reservist now.. getting swabbed on inpro and outpro :eek:

Which means the first day and last day just sit down and wait for the swab test results? Since cannot mix with others when results not out yet.

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
crashing the thread.

I've an upcoming ICT next week and I saw the schedule being combat shoot + IPPT..Which I'm exempted from (Went to see MO and basically excuse everything). Basically, I've nothing to do for the entire 5 days. Do you think they will let me defer on the first day? Since it's a waste of time...

A bit too late for online since it's next week.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
crashing the thread.

I've an upcoming ICT next week and I saw the schedule being combat shoot + IPPT..Which I'm exempted from (Went to see MO and basically excuse everything). Basically, I've nothing to do for the entire 5 days. Do you think they will let me defer on the first day? Since it's a waste of time...

As long as you're not removed from ICT list, it's preferable to lepak through and clock a cycle than skip, because you'll have to clock it anyway...

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
crashing the thread.

Firstly, you need to have a valid reason to let you defer your ICT, secondly, isn't it better if you have nothing to do there? :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.