Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes the old UEs (before bought over by Logitech) drivers are really built to last. Its drivers that are currently in my UM CIEM, even though now also in storage as I’ve moved on to TW, they’re still working after over 10 years! Can imagine I spent over $500 for the TF10 Pro from Jaben.

Coming down to Sony, I’m not a fan of their XBA series and recently only purchased the WF-1000XM3 at a good price. I suppose the reduction of price might mean the M4 is coming soon. Their IER series is awesome but the price also will burn a big hole in the wallet. Their top-end IER-Z1R at $2499 is too much, might as well get a CIEM with this price. But think the IER-M7 is also good enough for most people already.

yeah. and it's a shame too logitech eventually reduced the mainstream UE brand to just speakers. :/ for IEMs they can easily last for many many years if well taken care of, unlike TWS. The M7/M9 from Sony are both still so good, and I like the fit better too. unfortunately both are still very expensive. which is why I was hoping they will have something that sounds similar to those but at a more "affordable" price. haha.

The more I use TWE, the more I find pointless in the long run. It occured to me that I am better off just getting the bluetooth wireless band or adapter to plug into my available IEMs. Future proof as I can just upgrade the bluetooth adapter rather than just get a whole new TWE set.

I already ordered a bluetooth neckwire with 0.78mm 2pin ends, next time just plug into the IEM of my choice and run it. Why 0.78mm? Coz my CIEM is using 0.78mm. So now looking for a mid-low end universal that is also using 0.78mm.

Not interested in ANC. For me, it's passive all the way.

haha. i think its still nice to have a cheap and decent pair for sports/jogging. for me that's my main usage of TWS nowadays. so at least won't feel heart pain when it breaks. :s13:

I know some CIEM uses recessed 2pin though, are there adapters that support that?Anyway, probably plenty of good options for low-mid tier IEMs with 2pin. :s13:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah. and it's a shame too logitech eventually reduced the mainstream UE brand to just speakers. :/ for IEMs they can easily last for many many years if well taken care of, unlike TWS. The M7/M9 from Sony are both still so good, and I like the fit better too. unfortunately both are still very expensive. which is why I was hoping they will have something that sounds similar to those but at a more "affordable" price. haha.

Perhaps Sony reserved their IER series for high- end audio. Current mainstream ones are just average but still acceptable. Else it'll be just the wireless ones which are still good especially for the ANC feature which is among the best in the industry. :D

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
The more I use TWE, the more I find pointless in the long run. It occured to me that I am better off just getting the bluetooth wireless band or adapter to plug into my available IEMs. Future proof as I can just upgrade the bluetooth adapter rather than just get a whole new TWE set.

I already ordered a bluetooth neckwire with 0.78mm 2pin ends, next time just plug into the IEM of my choice and run it. Why 0.78mm? Coz my CIEM is using 0.78mm. So now looking for a mid-low end universal that is also using 0.78mm.

Not interested in ANC. For me, it's passive all the way.
But not pocketable leh

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score

haha. i think its still nice to have a cheap and decent pair for sports/jogging. for me that's my main usage of TWS nowadays. so at least won't feel heart pain when it breaks. :s13:

I know some CIEM uses recessed 2pin though, are there adapters that support that?Anyway, probably plenty of good options for low-mid tier IEMs with 2pin. :s13:
How else to earn money if their products can last so long? My oldest product is a sennheiser hd558.... Just over 10 years iirc

Yah, buy a cheapo sub $50 tws. Use a year or so, throw. Repeat. Low tier tws are so competent these days that I dun see them as compromises to higher tier tws...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup... Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro

Whenever a product is coined as a challenger to apple airpod or airpod pro... it starts to get slaughtered or scrutinised lolx XD

But i dont mind to get a pair and compare it with WF-1000XM3, jabra 65t, 75t and 85t

ksksksks

Reaction score
Noticed a few downgrades from last gen LA2 after watching a few reviews on YouTube:

- IPx5 to IPx4
- 28 hours to 26hours
- QCC 3020 to non QCC chipset (missing AptX support)
- Call quality is just average (not much difference from the previous LA2)

:s13:

The design like nice

meowth82

Reaction score
Saw there is 1 seller at Carousell doing clearance sale for B&O E8 2.0. Buy 1 free 1 @$299. Looking for anyone to share with me. Each pair will be $150 haven't included the delivery fee. Interested please pm me to discuss.

Link of the item:
https://carousell.com/p/238218358

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But not pocketable leh

if neckband type, if the design is like soft cable and not those with a solid neckband, actually might be more pocketable since can just coil it up or just leave it hanging around neck when not in use. :s13:

T81yMhL.jpg

any recommendation on bt adapter?

if you want TWS style BT adapter, FIIO UTWS3 that just came out probably the best based on feedback on headfi. got mmcx and 2pin option. ease of use with the charging case too. Another option is the TRN BT20S Pro which I'm using. it's a bit cheaper, has a charging case too, and it uses an interchangeable connector system, so can swap between mmcx, 2pin. HOWEVER, based on some feedback i've seen QC is a bit hit of miss. Some have mentioned connectivity issues, some mention 1 side stopped charging, etc. Mine works okay though and has rock solid connection, just that the charging contact a bit easier to lose contact with the adapter for the left side. AND if you are looking at mmcx option won't really recommend these. I have the mmcx connectors too and one side became a bit wonky after a while and doesn't give a solid connection to IEMs anymore.

you can check out this thread too.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-tws-neckband-bt-cable-adapter-thread.920709/page-15

If you talking about the neckband type my only experience is with the KZ aptx HD one, and it's not one that I enjoy using much because of how the cable is, so can't help much. :s13:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This promo going on for quite some time already

But it does feel likes xm4 coming out

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious. Many manufacturers aren't doing NFC wireless earphones already? Or there isn't any?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Last edited:

hkchew03

Reaction score
Just curious. Many manufacturers aren't doing NFC wireless earphones already? Or there isn't any?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

NFC? NFC is super short range leh. If you meant for pairing, why pay more for NFC? only need to pair once anyway

Cheese Steak

Reaction score
Wanted to get the galaxy buds pro for working out due to its ipx7 rating, but found out that they will not update the iOS app to support it. Disappointing, they could have updated it but gave us only the controls to eq, transparency and anc. Turn on transparency when talking could be left out as an exclusive Samsung feature.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get the galaxy buds pro for working out due to its ipx7 rating, but found out that they will not update the iOS app to support it. Disappointing, they could have updated it but gave us only the controls to eq, transparency and anc. Turn on transparency when talking could be left out as an exclusive Samsung feature.

The work around is to set your settings using android phones. The settings will stay in the buds even when u connect to your iOS devices.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Buy some cheapo yet decent tws loh

Not directing at you but I'm puzzled why ppl are willing to pay so much for something with such short product life. Whatmore, I assume tws are to be used outdoors and for a short period of time. So why are ppl so bothered by the sound quality/qc of it? Get something decent and make do with it loh. If audiophile then invest more in home AV

Cheese Steak

Reaction score
Buy some cheapo yet decent tws loh

Not directing at you but I'm puzzled why ppl are willing to pay so much for something with such short product life. Whatmore, I assume tws are to be used outdoors and for a short period of time. So why are ppl so bothered by the sound quality/qc of it? Get something decent and make do with it loh. If audiophile then invest more in home AV

Actually I work out every other day, for about 2hrs. The investment for a better sounding wireless is still worth it. Obviously I’m not gonna pay retail for the buds pro. If it actually gets 2 years before the battery dies out then it’s ok.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.