watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just downloaded cinebench R23 to run

5800X
All cores slightly under 4.5Ghz max
90 degrees consistently :s13:
Galahad 240 AIO

If it hits 90, I believe it will start to throttle. At least this is what I observe when I ran R20 with my 3900X in the past. The score is consistently lower when the temps hits 90 degs as compared to when I managed to tame the heat closer to 80 degs.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
Where you got your 5900x from?
Local friendly SLS shop.

Why what's wrong?
Posted this before, but I didn't wanted to alarm the folks here.
https://www.overclock.net/threads/replaced-3950x-with-5950x-whea-and-reboots.1774627
More and more people joining this thread to report. other sites like Reddit and AMD community forum also has such topics.

My system runs only when my Core performance boost is off (base clock only) or if I fix my vCore to 1.1V with C-states off.
In summary, it's sensitive to voltage, thus unable to boost high. If it does boost, poof! Reboots. Don't need heavy workloads. Reboots during idling mostly. Now, reboots consistently during Windows start.

To save your efforts, pls don't suggest anything else. I've tried it all.:o
RMA waiting for approval soon....

symore

Reaction score
Local friendly SLS shop.

Posted this before, but I didn't wanted to alarm the folks here.
https://www.overclock.net/threads/replaced-3950x-with-5950x-whea-and-reboots.1774627
More and more people joining this thread to report. other sites like Reddit and AMD community forum also has such topics.

My system runs only when my Core performance boost is off (base clock only) or if I fix my vCore to 1.1V with C-states off.
In summary, it's sensitive to voltage, thus unable to boost high. If it does boost, poof! Reboots. Don't need heavy workloads. Reboots during idling mostly. Now, reboots consistently during Windows start.

To save your efforts, pls don't suggest anything else. I've tried it all.:o
RMA waiting for approval soon....

This seems to be a bios issue with overclocking. Turn off pbo until they release a stable bios drivers.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
This seems to be a bios issue with overclocking. Turn off pbo until they release a stable bios drivers.

Well, I've read enough info online to determine that mine is one of the extreme cases. Some got their issues fixed via BIOS, some got the chip replaced.
I waited long enough for a BIOS fix and I'm on the latest 1.1.9.0 AGESA. I think it's time to send it in.

IAmNiceify

Reaction score
i think u didnt on the Precision boost overdrive on bios ..?
or did you

Mine is on auto, tried to undervolt using curve optimizer but was hitting heavy stutter issue. So i just turn it off and currently running stock with xmp profile.

Some forum say PBO auto is as good as disabled?

edit:
For some reason, in games my clock speed will boost to 4.65ghz all cores but in cinebench it will hovering around 4.35ghz. Enabling PBO from Auto to enable saw my peak temperature shot up to 83c from the normal 67c peak and 57+ in games

Last edited:

Atreyu

Master Member
Reaction score
If it hits 90, I believe it will start to throttle. At least this is what I observe when I ran R20 with my 3900X in the past. The score is consistently lower when the temps hits 90 degs as compared to when I managed to tame the heat closer to 80 degs.

Yeaaahhh now quite gao Wei... coz means never seat the cooler properly. But lazy to take apart again... :s13: google around seems cinebench score should be around 15-16k, I’m getting 14.7. Throttling once it reach 4.5 all core as hit 90 liao. I know can go higher coz SC can reach 4.8 for small bursts, the limit set in PBO.

easyxiaobin

Reaction score
Anyone knows what memory ic this ram uses?
F4-3800C18D-32GTZN?

Probly hynix djr or maybe cjr. Less unlikely to be a micron rev e or bdie

Since rev e in CL18 is likely to be 18-24-24-46@3600

But this kit is 18-24-24-42 @3600 which is common timing for a hynix cjr not sure if it will be djr

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probly hynix djr or maybe cjr. Less unlikely to be a micron rev e or bdie

Since rev e in CL18 is likely to be 18-24-24-46@3600

But this kit is 18-24-24-42 @3600 which is common timing for a hynix cjr not sure if it will be djr

searched for "F4-3800C18D-32GTZN" thaiphoon in google

looks like hynix

Any chance of tightening timings?

Get this or the f4 3600c16d 32gtznc?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Out of the blue im using the 64gb kit ram. 3600mhz cl18 22 22 22. But it is Hynix M die lol. And oddly this ram oc doesnt like even frequency numbers. It prefers 3733, 3866 kind of frequency.

GrimaH

Master Member
Reaction score
guys , just for sharing purposes.
please share your tempts for ur 5000 series

under Precision Boost Overdrive,
running cinebench R23 - multi threaded
and at what speed does it boost to under the cinebench?
and what cooler?

mine is a 5600x
4.6ghz all cores under cinebench multi thread load.
81 degrees
noctua D15

Dont know if mine is too hot or not.. which i feel it is for a noctua d15 :/

Might be your case?

easyxiaobin

Reaction score
Any chance of tightening timings?

Get this or the f4 3600c16d 32gtznc?

Cjr djr oc is probly not much difference

Whichever is cheaper get the one, both hav small difference

I recommend to pump to cas lower and dont touch the timings at all, 0.01v bit by bit

CopySeeSewDye

Reaction score
Newegg dropping 5600x and 5800x for the past hour or so, was able to add to cart and get to checkout page. Currently 450sgd for 5600x including shipping and gst.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeaaahhh now quite gao Wei... coz means never seat the cooler properly. But lazy to take apart again... :s13: google around seems cinebench score should be around 15-16k, I’m getting 14.7. Throttling once it reach 4.5 all core as hit 90 liao. I know can go higher coz SC can reach 4.8 for small bursts, the limit set in PBO.

I think it may not be an issue with mounting. I had that issue previously with my Ryzen 9 3900X when I was using the Corsair H100i Pro. I've check and double check on the contact but found no issues with it. Fans were constantly running at 100% for the AIO.

When I changed to Scythe Fuma 2, the temps dropped to around about 87 degs under stress test in Cinebench R20. Changing to BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4, temps dropped a further 2 degrees. Subsequently I changed my casing, and changed my cooler to an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm which resulted in temps of 84 to 85 degrees. The temperature delta is very wide, i.e. idle is around 40 degs (with ambient around 27 degs), and load jumps to 85 degs under a sustained load.

Yesterday, I decided to change all the stock fans in the Fractal Design case to Arctic P12, and surprisingly, idle temp dropped at 37 degs with the same ambient temp, and load starts at 73 degs, and slowly climbs up to 81 degs. So it seems the previous fans are not moving enough air in my case.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it may not be an issue with mounting. I had that issue previously with my Ryzen 9 3900X when I was using the Corsair H100i Pro. I've check and double check on the contact but found no issues with it. Fans were constantly running at 100% for the AIO.

When I changed to Scythe Fuma 2, the temps dropped to around about 87 degs under stress test in Cinebench R20. Changing to BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4, temps dropped a further 2 degrees. Subsequently I changed my casing, and changed my cooler to an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm which resulted in temps of 84 to 85 degrees. The temperature delta is very wide, i.e. idle is around 40 degs (with ambient around 27 degs), and load jumps to 85 degs under a sustained load.

Yesterday, I decided to change all the stock fans in the Fractal Design case to Arctic P12, and surprisingly, idle temp dropped at 37 degs with the same ambient temp, and load starts at 73 degs, and slowly climbs up to 81 degs. So it seems the previous fans are not moving enough air in my case.

New fans have higher static pressure figures in the spec?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New fans have higher static pressure figures in the spec?

Yes. But I wasn’t expecting the results. It’s better than expected. The Arctic P12 is really a cheap and good fan. I bought 5 in a pack for 33 bucks on Amazon. Though it’s the non PWM version, I am using a fan controller for my case fans. Even at full speed, it’s still very quiet. Compared to the overhyped and over priced Corsair ML that sounds like a vacuum cleaner at full speed, I would strongly recommend this fan.

archampion

Reaction score
Is $1109 or $1099 good price for 5900x?

And gpu is too expensive at the moment.

I'm thinking if I should get a R5 3600 to pair with my current gtx 1070 while waiting for the stock and pricing of new cpu and gpu to stabalise.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.