Bluesg accident that cost me $5500

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
ALL RENTAL CARS, excess is high. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before signing on the papers:)

It's a norm actually, for many many years even for traditional car rental agreements.

Same for Taxis & PHV car rental agreements which also states the insurance excess very clearly. Insurance coverage is to SAFEGUARD you by limiting your liability in the event of an accident, it is not to just make you pay & pay for it.

Some would say, rent is more convenient and cheaper than taking Grab/Taxi. But if you're involved in an accident, that's a different story altogether.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A case of penny wise, pound foolish.

Rent seems cheaper at first glance but once you throw in the hidden/unforeseen costs, just one accident, will negate all the past, present and potential future savings from renting.

The thing is, sometimes even when you're a safe driver, people still bang you.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A case of penny wise, pound foolish.

Rent seems cheaper at first glance but once you throw in the hidden/unforeseen costs, just one accident, will negate all the past, present and potential future savings from renting.

The thing is, sometimes even when you're a safe driver, people still bang you.

It's a norm actually, for many many years even for traditional car rental agreements.

Same for Taxis & PHV car rental agreements which also states the insurance excess very clearly. Insurance coverage is to SAFEGUARD you by limiting your liability in the event of an accident, it is not to just make you pay & pay for it.

Some would say, rent is more convenient and cheaper than taking Grab/Taxi. But if you're involved in an accident, that's a different story altogether.

You see users (I came across, mainly young chap), either just got license and student. TS is one of them.
Including last year when one bluesg rear ended my ride, also a student.
Yeah, nothing happens all happily.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ALL RENTAL CARS, excess is high. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before signing on the papers:)

That’s right. Read and understand for a peace of mind to avoid losing mind when giving BlueSG a piece of mind.

ACCESSIBLE 24/7 WITH A PIECE OF MIND
“I use BlueSG at least once a day to fetch my son(s) to, or from school. Some weekday and weekend nights, I will fetch my family to watch movie, shopping or for dinner. And I have given up my car to save money and time on maintenance, repair, petrol, parking, road tax, insurance and cleaning it! Most of the time, I can find BlueSG stations near my destinations, and the system is easy to use.”
Mr. Michael Tong

https://www.bluesg.com.sg/testimonials

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s right. Read and understand for a peace of mind to avoid losing mind when giving BlueSG a piece of mind.

ACCESSIBLE 24/7 WITH A PIECE OF MIND
“I use BlueSG at least once a day to fetch my son(s) to, or from school. Some weekday and weekend nights, I will fetch my family to watch movie, shopping or for dinner. And I have given up my car to save money and time on maintenance, repair, petrol, parking, road tax, insurance and cleaning it! Most of the time, I can find BlueSG stations near my destinations, and the system is easy to use.”
Mr. Michael Tong

https://www.bluesg.com.sg/testimonials

This is an example of bluesg fits the requirements of an users. Happy ending.
Once into similar situation like TS, story would be different liao.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
You see users (I came across, mainly young chap), either just got license and student. TS is one of them.
Including last year when one bluesg rear ended my ride, also a student.
Yeah, nothing happens all happily.

Truth to be told. I was on CarClub platform for about a year, Smove on & off then to Tribecar for also about a year until I bought my first car.

Within this 2 years of casual renting (albeit frequent), I met with 1 accident. Very very minor accident where nothing happened to the rented car, and other vehicle's bumper was slightly out of place. Gave away all the cash that I had in my wallet ($150) to settle that and both of us moved on.

There will be days that you are less cautious/overconfident of the vehicle that you're renting, we are humans.

Comparing rent to ownership, the risk and monetary loss that you undertake (to my aga-ration) is a whole world of difference.

Rent: 2K+++ Excess, VS
Own: 500 Excess

Rent: Not as well maintained, VS
Own: You would know your vehicle's limits better

Rent: Others might have damaged the vehicle and if you don't report, the bill is on you (especially for vehicle sharing schemes), VS
Own: I pay for my own damages, clear cut.

Rent: Private Settlement? Rarely the case as you NEED to report the accident, VS
Own: Depends on severity of accident and other party, at least you have an option

If you're renting too often, I would recommend you to own one instead (if you have the means) because the risk is just too high to undertake (in my opinion).

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Truth to be told. I was on CarClub platform for about a year, Smove on & off then to Tribecar for also about a year until I bought my first car.

Within this 2 years of casual renting (albeit frequent), I met with 1 accident. Very very minor accident where nothing happened to the rented car, and other vehicle's bumper was slightly out of place. Gave away all the cash that I had in my wallet ($150) to settle that and both of us moved on.

There will be days that you are less cautious/overconfident of the vehicle that you're renting, we are humans.

Comparing rent to ownership, the risk and monetary loss that you undertake (to my aga-ration) is a whole world of difference.

Rent: 2K+++ Excess, VS
Own: 500 Excess

Rent: Not as well maintained, VS
Own: You would know your vehicle's limits better

Rent: Others might have damaged the vehicle and if you don't report, the bill is on you (especially for vehicle sharing schemes), VS
Own: I pay for my own damages, clear cut.

Rent: Private Settlement? Rarely the case as you NEED to report the accident, VS
Own: Depends on severity of accident and other party, at least you have an option

If you're renting too often, I would recommend you to own one instead (if you have the means) because the risk is just too high to undertake (in my opinion).

Nice on the write up. Me too was with carclub back then. Lolz.
Yeah, after calculation on high usage and when car club decided to raise the rental rates, i decdied ro give up.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tribe is slightly higher 3.2k experienced and 5.3k for new driver. I went to read up the excess after one of the bro talked about it.

if it's one fault, then he/she gotta pay.

but what if the accident is not our fault, will we still have to pay the excess as well?

there is 1 clause 3rd party excess, I wonder what is it?

i suggest u read the thread first ba, this is about someone dmg ppl property (car) and no money to pay wanted to ask for disc.

If wan to rent any car make sure u have to money to pay the excess lor.

Tribecar excess should be similar

yrh0413

Reaction score
You’ll pay for the excess first, and Tribecar will refund you the excess amount. And the excess only covers bodywork. For cases like TS’ BlueSG wheel got ripped off I guess Tribecar will not refund you anything

tribe is slightly higher 3.2k experienced and 5.3k for new driver. I went to read up the excess after one of the bro talked about it.

if it's one fault, then he/she gotta pay.

but what if the accident is not our fault, will we still have to pay the excess as well?

there is 1 clause 3rd party excess, I wonder what is it?

Reaction score
No. Insurance cover. This kind of tricks very common is to swindle more money directly from u.

U can reply to them that they should work with the insurer and not u and tell them to FO

Do not reply to any letters. Always hand over such letters to the insurance company.

sanchin

Reaction score
Hey guys, managed to get images of the damages from both vehicles.

imgur.com/a/EQgffWA
imgur.com/a/HBjDJ9b

This kind of damages, you fast fast pay $5.5K excess and run off considered a blessing liao.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Read is one, most people will ignore it because who drive to expect for an accident? All think they pro drivers until **** comes

Human nature.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, managed to get images of the damages from both vehicles.

imgur.com/a/EQgffWA
imgur.com/a/HBjDJ9b

With this quite clear why you are asked to pay for excess.

That freed u bang, new model. The owner confirm sad.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
add on,

renting and driving the car you gotta be more careful and alert.. because once u bang.. the excess u going to pay is crazy.

lucienee

Reaction score
Hello guys. Recently received news from bluesg that medical claims from 3rd party will be covered fully by bluesg(based on T&C).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.