[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
Panda Cory enjoying bubble bath!
D7-E2-F431-3801-46-B7-8-E2-D-8-A35-DFADE2-DF.jpg

Daytime CO2 turned on, air pump turned off. 1 bubble per second. PH will be lowered to 7/7.2 from 7.6.
Nighttime CO2 turned off, airpump turned on for aeration and oxygen.
Next morning PH will rise back to 7.6

By doing this, I conserve the lifespan of both CO2 generator and airpump :o

the panda cory looks like it might be having some sort of fungal infection. i could be wrong, though,

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah 45 or 60?

Edit 60cm saw ler . The other photo didn’t load on mobile

Chihiro. 👍🏻

shin7829

Reaction score
Tomorrow then use.
Tested it.
Shine bright like a diamond.

But maybe will not use 100% of red, blue, green.

Thinking of using
Red 80%/90%/90%/90%
Green 60%/60%/50%/50%
Blue 15%/30%/30%/15%
Either one combination or others.

The lamp is very hot though. Wonder will it pose any issue even when i set it at maximum height above tank.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, I just found a snail in my aquarium, from where siol? I didn’t even add any in? Is it common to have them on new plants or something?

shin7829

Reaction score
Lol, I just found a snail in my aquarium, from where siol? I didn’t even add any in? Is it common to have them on new plants or something?

Lol bro welcome to the snail invasion.
Ya new plants will have high chance if its not from tissue culture.

Best is before put in
Dip in in bleach or salf water a while and rinse it off before putting in.

Once snail appears is very tough to remove.
Have to remove one by one or etc way for longer term.
If lucky then no more
If unlucky, on and off u see some snails then u remove again lor.

If u dont do anything at all.
Very easy manifestation liao

Any advise on rgb ratio of lighting?

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time I added plants was very long ago... maybe inside very long just never see lol

Now don’t know go where laio, at first I thought was stone

When I got my new lights I made a mistake of setting too bright, lol algae bloom, I set like 40% only now for 8 hours

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
The SAE on probation has died for refusing to eat BBA. I tried to feed it fish food but it is too late.

The BBA is spreading slowly all over the plants. Daily water changes + all other things done do not stop it. I am trimming those leaves with BBA. Soon the plants will be bald if i carry on trimming.

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Frankly not labelling the plants to me is bordering on unacceptable. Because it really does help buyers select the right plants to buy for the tank they are building. Without the right identification, you cannot even google to check on the light and CO2 requirements as well as how big the plant grow. Imagine buying a plant and then realizing that within months, its leaves will spread 30 cm or it requires special nutrient supplementation. Some attempt to label the plants but the writing is illegible...:s13:

I (almost) always check on Tropica's website to check the plant profile because it carries really good and direct guides on many aquatic plants. Highly recommended. I think the more successful a beginner is at the initial stages, the more he or she will get into the hobby and develop. Cannot expect beginners to go gamble and try so many plants and fishes to see what works. :s22:

Anyone seen dwarf lily plants around? Thinking of making a balcony pot (again)...=:p

:o

Think the standards of aquatic plants retails here is still very basic while technology of planted tanks is as good as what money can buy.

shin7829

Reaction score
The SAE on probation has died for refusing to eat BBA. I tried to feed it fish food but it is too late.

The BBA is spreading slowly all over the plants. Daily water changes + all other things done do not stop it. I am trimming those leaves with BBA. Soon the plants will be bald if i carry on trimming.

Bro go for co2.
What plants u have in your tank.
Once bba there u need to make your plants grow more healthy then only got chance

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly if really want co2 just go with canister instead of diy
save trouble and headache
use timer and solenoid to control to stop at night and controllable stable supply
initial cost wise is not that high but maintenance cost is manageable
for my case every 6 mths top up hassle free vs having to get sugar and yeast every month for diy or co2 tablets

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro go for co2.
What plants u have in your tank.
Once bba there u need to make your plants grow more healthy then only got chance

I am keeping Hygrophila 53B, Crypto, Anubias and Bacopa lookalike (unidentified) stem plants.

shin7829

Reaction score
U need plant some fast growers to make them compete with bba for nutrients.
Rotala series is good.

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
U need plant some fast growers to make them compete with bba for nutrients.
Rotala series is good.

Yes.

Forget to mention. I also have frogbits covering half the surface of my tank. Thinking to add more plants.

BBA is a pest.

Last edited:

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone keeping cherry shrimp with cardinal tetras or male-only guppies (smaller than females)? Thinking of either to add colour to my 2ft tank. Bottom partially carpeted, phoenix and java moss, subwassertang and floating plants.

MacSpicy Cheeze

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone keeping cherry shrimp with cardinal tetras or male-only guppies (smaller than females)? Thinking of either to add colour to my 2ft tank. Bottom partially carpeted, phoenix and java moss, subwassertang and floating plants.
I keep my painted fire red with guppies and neon tetra and panda corydoras

Sent from HUAWEI ELS-NX9 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.