OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello OCBC

Wouldnt all transactions on Krisshop give the same MCC code?

Thanks.

Hi sonyee,

We won't be able to advise on the MCC of a merchant until a transaction is made.

If you have made the transaction and would like to check on it, please call our hotline at 1800 363 3333.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infants' Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

And these merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

zumaba

Reaction score
Spent $39.9 on Shopee, but only got OCBC$ 35.

Is now OCBC$ also changed to calculate by $5 block? Checked the tnc bit it seems nowhere mentioned this.

Last edited:

drawar

Reaction score

Is now OCBC$ also changed to calculate by $5 block? Checked the tnc bit it seems nowhere mentioned this.

You, my friend, have been living under a rock for months now.

KKXh4e3.png

https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titanium-rewards-credit-card#benefits-merchant

Simple workaround is to use other cards that don't try to short-change you. Titanium is only good for big transactions (> $1000), otherwise Citi Rewards / DBS Woman / HSBC Revo are all good alternatives with no ridiculous $5 block policy. Oh and not to mention points from Citi / DBS / HSBC can be transferred to Asia Miles as well, and not just KrisFlyer.

zumaba

Reaction score

thanks. just re-applied and got the card to use for first time, haha.

Last year, OCBC din waive the annual fee so I cancelled the card.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

KKXh4e3.png

https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titanium-rewards-credit-card#benefits-merchant

Simple workaround is to use other cards that don't try to short-change you. Titanium is only good for big transactions (> $1000), otherwise Citi Rewards / DBS Woman / HSBC Revo are all good alternatives with no ridiculous $5 block policy. Oh and not to mention points from Citi / DBS / HSBC can be transferred to Asia Miles as well, and not just KrisFlyer.

thanks. just re-applied and got the card to use for first time, haha.

Last year, OCBC din waive the annual fee so I cancelled the card.

Hi zumaba,

5 OCBC$ will be awarded for every S$5 spend (Base OCBC$) on all retail spend; and Bonus 45 OCBC$ will be awarded for every S$5 spend (Bonus OCBC$) on eligible MCCs and specified merchants.

All OCBC$ earned shall be calculated based on each block of S$5 charged to your Titanium Rewards Card per transaction, and cardmembers shall not be entitled to any partial or pro-rated award of any OCBC$ for any amount charged that does not amount to a S$5 block.

Amounts charged in multiple transactions will not be combined to make up a S$5 block.

As an illustration, a customer who spends an amount between S$10 and S$14.99 in a single transaction can earn 100 OCBC$. However, a customer who spends S$4.90 in a single transaction, or who spends S$2.50 in one transaction and S$2.50 in another transaction, will not be awarded any OCBC$.

^DG

Jefftang91

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

is taobao app and taobao.com same?

I recall sometime back, I earn 1x to 1 of this and 10x to another but I could not remember the detail.

Can clarify? thanks

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

is taobao app and taobao.com same?

I recall sometime back, I earn 1x to 1 of this and 10x to another but I could not remember the detail.

Can clarify? thanks

Hi there,

As long as the transaction is coming in under Taobao, it will be eligible for bonus OCBC$.

^DG

justjosh

Reaction score

KKXh4e3.png

WWMC also has $5 block policy. Only Citi cards are still per $1 iirc.

drawar

Reaction score

WWMC also has $5 block policy. Only Citi cards are still per $1 iirc.

WWMC has $5 block but they round the points to 2 decimal places and the final rounding down to whole number happens at the aggregated monthly level, not at individual transaction level. Example: You make two purchases of $4.99 and $9.99 respectively at Shopee, which is eligible for bonus points on both WWMC and Titanium.

Base points on both cards are the same: 1 DBS points ~ 5 OCBC$.

Bonus points on WWMC: ROUNDDOWN(4.99/5*9, 2) + ROUNDDOWN(9.99/5*9, 2) = 8.98 + 17.98 = 26.96, rounding down to 26 DBS points ~ 130 OCBC$.

Bonus points on Titanium: ROUNDDOWN(4.99/5,0) * 45 + ROUNDDOWN(9.99/5,0) * 45 = 45 OCBC$.

Now that's a stark difference. I'm aware the difference will get more negligible as your transaction amount increases; at the end of the day, we need thousands if not tens of thousands of points to reach a redemption, so these differences are just drops in the ocean. But my question is, why is OCBC pursuing this tactic at all, if not to short change their customers of the reward points?

Assault

Master Member
Reaction score
WWMC has $5 block but they round the points to 2 decimal places and the final rounding down to whole number happens at the aggregated monthly level, not at individual transaction level. Example: You make two purchases of $4.99 and $9.99 respectively at Shopee, which is eligible for bonus points on both WWMC and Titanium.

Bonus points on WWMC: ROUNDDOWN(4.99/5*9, 2) + ROUNDDOWN(9.99/5*9, 2) = 8.98 + 17.98 = 26.96, rounding down to 26 DBS points ~ 130 OCBC$.

Bonus points on Titanium: ROUNDDOWN(4.99/5,0) * 45 + ROUNDDOWN(9.99/5,0) * 45 = 45 OCBC$.

Now that's a stark difference. I'm aware the difference will get more negligible as your transaction amount increases; at the end of the day, we need thousands if not tens of thousands of points to reach a redemption, so these differences are just drops in the ocean. But my question is, why is OCBC pursuing this tactic at all, if not to short change their customers of the reward points?

What is the point of your question :s22: It is obvious that they have the infrastructure to count the rewards points per dollar (instead of per $5 block), yet they have chosen to do this thing that almost nobody else does, isn't the answer pretty obvious?

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

damn, din notice that they started issuing base on block of $5 spend. think need to stop using this card unless got big purchases. lucky din use the card for the 1111 and 1212 promos.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the point of your question :s22: It is obvious that they have the infrastructure to count the rewards points per dollar (instead of per $5 block), yet they have chosen to do this thing that almost nobody else does, isn't the answer pretty obvious?

UOB does the same. but UOB credits faster.

piacart

Reaction score
OCBC Titanium engagement ring

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase ~$12k engagement ring, would it be an eligible spending for 10xOCBC$ OCBC Titanium?
According to Visa supplier locator, jewelry/watches MCC 5944

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase ~$12k engagement ring, would it be an eligible spending for 10xOCBC$ OCBC Titanium?

Just scroll up n you can find the eligible MCC.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hi piacart,

If the MCC is 5944, it will not be eligible for bonus OCBC$.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infants' Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

And these merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

kwokwing

Reaction score
I bought my clothes from H&M online but wasn't awarded the bonus dollars. Please advice. H&M is listed as one of the eligible example.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.