IWDA/VWRA/ISAC ETF - Some of the Best ETF

pylpoh

Reaction score
DCA since sep 2019 via ib; 16months 10days. about 1k usd/month, sometimes abit more sometimes abit less.

Now at +19.11%,all fees included liao. Quite happy with it, no brainer, can sleep soundly at night, just invest every month.

some extra info; i also dca into into sti etf since july 2019; almost 18months to date. Now at +8.5%, including collect divs and fees paid.

Last edited:

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DCA since sep 2019 via ib; 16months 10days. about 1k usd/month, sometimes abit more sometimes abit less.

Now at +19.11%,all fees included liao. Quite happy with it, no brainer, can sleep soundly at night, just invest every month.

some extra info; i also dca into into sti etf since july 2019; almost 18months to date. Now at +8.5%, including collect divs and fees paid.

Do you fix you date of each month to buy? Share your execution?

Thoreldan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Very nice. 19.11% is return since inception ?

More people should learn from you :)

Last edited:

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually at start of the month. There were a few times i bought 500usd twice instead, but then i realised its quite pointless to time the market.

So you don't have a fixed date?

Just fast sgd in, convert usd and buy with proceeds?

pylpoh

Reaction score
So you don't have a fixed date?

Just fast sgd in, convert usd and buy with proceeds?

at the start of the month. if 1st or 2nd is on the weekend, i cant buy anything, so got to push to 3rd. IB fund transfer usually takes 1/2-1hour, but sometimes it takes a day. So i have to push back another day to buy the shares. 2020 march, my share value was about -40%. i can imagine some people to have their years of gains swiped out in just that few months. i think the key is to JUST DO IT monthly..and dca with about the same amount. dont need to overthink or try to time the market.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at the start of the month. if 1st or 2nd is on the weekend, i cant buy anything, so got to push to 3rd. IB fund transfer usually takes 1/2-1hour, but sometimes it takes a day. So i have to push back another day to buy the shares. 2020 march, my share value was about -40%. i can imagine some people to have their years of gains swiped out in just that few months. i think the key is to JUST DO IT monthly..and dca with about the same amount. dont need to overthink or try to time the market.

I did the same for 10 months of 2020 - Mar to Dec. I set 2nd and 4th Wed/Thurs of the month to do it. Executed a total of 20 times last year. And that's just only for iwda. I did another once a month for es3. So 30 trades last year. Damn tiring

pylpoh

Reaction score
I did the same for 10 months of 2020 - Mar to Dec. I set 2nd and 4th Wed/Thurs of the month to do it. Executed a total of 20 times last year. And that's just only for iwda. I did another once a month for es3. So 30 trades last year. Damn tiring

maybe u consider doing it once a month instead. For es3, im using fsmone rsp; just need to make sure i have the cash by 8th. previously i used posb invest saver for g3b; change to es3/fsmone as the fees are much lower.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe u consider doing it once a month instead. For es3, im using fsmone rsp; just need to make sure i have the cash by 8th. previously i used posb invest saver for g3b; change to es3/fsmone as the fees are much lower.

That was last year when I intensified my purchases. Now its just once a month for each of them (iwda and EIMI). I have stopped es3 for now

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.