The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

ZeoniX

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. After claiming the discount voucher in the App, is it possible to use it on the website instead? I am non chinese speaking and the App is in Chinese, with Google Translate on the website at least it's still possible to order on the Website.

I tested on both desktop and mobile. Apparently, it's only applicable to the mobile app.

I suggest you log in via desktop with your TB account and add the CPU to the shopping cart first.

After which, use your app to apply the voucher, checkout and make payment accordingly.

jayz_sg

Reaction score
I tried ordering on Taobao. When trying to pay it failed and shows as Due to security reason your transaction cannot continue. Tried with 2 different Credit Card still same. Anyone has any ideas on how to solve this error?

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Been trying from last night till now, got issue with paying on Taobao. Give up lioz. Back to trying to get from Amazon/Newegg for now. :s22:

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been trying from last night till now, got issue with paying on Taobao. Give up lioz. Back to trying to get from Amazon/Newegg for now. :s22:
Direct shipping or through their offical channel? Can try use forwarder.

SpicyBird

Reaction score
I wonder if there's any kind soul would sell brand new sealed 5900x for $900-$950.. :look: :s22:

Those ppl who bought china export set to sell already bought it at 950 - 1000... how to sell you 900 - 950? Why not you buy directly from taobao yourself?

sai861212

Reaction score
I bought from this seller (click link here) on TB.

This link was shared by one of the bros here in the earlier discussion.

Seems like the price has increased to $960+ due to exchange rate diff.

Based on what I learnt here, you should:
-Buy via TB app during the weekend and collect the 3% discount voucher to offset the admin fees for payment via credit card.
-Select 官方直送 (direct shipping); shipping timeline was 5 days for me.

The CPU I received is the boxed version. There is a QR code for you to verify whether it's legit or not.

Hearsay CNY coming so there may be major delay to shipping. If you wanna buy, better chop chop curry pok :s22:

Hope it's helpful :s12:
thank alot for the detail guide. able to save $20++ on top of citibank $12 voucher. :D

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If someone selling that price, I also want to know. :s22:
The cheapest from Taobao I saw was around SGD980 (include shipping).

I waiting for mine to come :p

I wonder if there's any kind soul would sell brand new sealed 5900x for $900-$950.. :look: :s22:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any kind soul can sell me $800 mah.

Can, but have to wait till Ryzen 6000 is released then you can have it at 800 bucks. =:p

I was hoping to secure one when it first launched at slightly below 800, but unable to do so. The longer I wait, the chances of getting around 800 is diminishing fast. Haha. So canned the idea of upgrading.

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun remember first launch is below SGD800 leh, MSRP is SGD849 when I called up PCT when it first launched. Or u mean USD800?

Can, but have to wait till Ryzen 6000 is released then you can have it at 800 bucks. =:p

I was hoping to secure one when it first launched at slightly below 800, but unable to do so. The longer I wait, the chances of getting around 800 is diminishing fast. Haha. So canned the idea of upgrading.

jonnyboy91

Reaction score
If someone selling that price, I also want to know. :s22:
The cheapest from Taobao I saw was around SGD980 (include shipping).

I waiting for mine to come :p

I also bought 5900x from the link you posted. But weird thing is my package got rejected at the transit warehouse.

I check with the seller he also not sure why, tomorrow he will help me follow up then see how.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.