Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

baccts

Reaction score
And for EVpad 3/3S/3 Plus/3 Max users, even if they can not recover from the server seize by the Chinese authority (they may be able to recover but it will take time), you can still use it as a normal TV box as the HW spec is okay with H6 CPU and at least 2GB RAM. You have to learn to install apps.

Be careful about IPTV/VOD providers now though, it seems to me Chinese authority has beefed up the enforcement against them. Take note the powerful internet companies like Tencent, Alibaba and Baidu are also major IP rights holder (they control Tencent Video, Youku and iQiyi respectively).

In the end, enjoy while you can. But prepare to learn to install apps by yourself if you do not want to go for Fibre TV or streaming apps subscription.

Any recommendation on box that would be easier to install ?

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Now all boxes import in are not pre-installed with their proprietary exclusive live TV, vod, playback, etc. They are just normal TV box. Only after you purchase, the shop will help u install all the apps and even adult content. They using this to circumvent the IP issues. Other apps, after go home, you go to their playstore to download similar with google playstore.

Min Spec now at least 2GB ram with 16GB storage. And more blueray and full HD 1080 are loaded in VOD.

Last time 1 GB and 8 GB suffice.

TV boxes also follow the economics of diminishing returns. More boxes selling, performances weaker if bandwith and servers did not keep up.

Recently tested SVIcloud series, their performance seem better than Unblock, Evpad, Eplay. Sellers claim the servers are in Malaysia. Unlike the earlier one are base at HK, China and TW. All these are claiming free lifetime performance. My unblock 2+ last me 5 years but in between must reset, flash firmware to prolong the use. Problem is the andriod version some old box support andriod 4. Newer version cannot at all. I running Netflix HD on Evpad and Eplay no problem at all. Unblock throw Singapore river already.
Old birds know the joke.

Best bet is buy Nvidia Shield or MiniX, all high end. Than subscribe those need to pay yearly to renew your entertainment.

Thank you Gregory. You are the master of this. Too bad FB was closed down and forbidden to discuss this anymore.

Posted from PCWX using Poco X3 NFC

grapewall

Reaction score
This was recommend by a friend. Buy from shopee my. Can choose for phone or TV box. Free trial than choose how long u want subscribe.

aCUs3GC.jpg

@fake_orange
I'm using this, but i have an existing box. So i purchased a 1 year subscription for this.
Of course, if you buy their new box, it will be lifetime free. though we wont know when they will close down. I've bought a previous version of the box 2 years ago and sent to my sis in Australia. Still using happily.

For the rest interested, there is a local guy selling the subscription, authorised by the manufacturer. How i know? Because i got his number from the SVI CN sales agent. I've compared the prices in MY seller and SG, almost the same. So i went for the SG subscription. Both are same actually.

Last edited:

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
@fake_orange
I'm using this, but i have an existing box. So i purchased a 1 year subscription for this.
Of course, if you buy their new box, it will be lifetime free. though we wont know when they will close down. I've bought a previous version of the box 2 years ago and sent to my sis in Australia. Still using happily.

For the rest interested, there is a local guy selling the subscription, authorised by the manufacturer. How i know? Because i got his number from the SVI CN sales agent. I've compared the prices in MY seller and SG, almost the same. So i went for the SG subscription. Both are same actually.

i see the risks here. hmm

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@fake_orange

whats the name of the seller that sells it locally?

grapewall

Reaction score
beware of recommendations regarding this s**c***d.

they employ many sellers/agents to post fake messages on forum and facebook group.

so read them with a pinch of salt.

Didn't know they have fb and forum. I'm just a normal user, so far quite happy with their contents and reliability. They have 7 days trial, so you can ask them for the trial code and test it out.

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Possible to install the apps directly into an AndroidTV?

Can. But check your andriod version. Yesteryear is Andriod ver 4. Now apps most need min ver 7.

However, still recommend to get a simple TV box less than $50 no live subscription. Than buy subscription at lazada.

Or to pay with live subscription, unblock tech, Evpad, Svicloud, $120 above.

WarChild86

Reaction score
Can. But check your andriod version. Yesteryear is Andriod ver 4. Now apps most need min ver 7.

However, still recommend to get a simple TV box less than $50 no live subscription. Than buy subscription at lazada.

Or to pay with live subscription, unblock tech, Evpad, Svicloud, $120 above.

Thanks for the suggestions. What’s the cheapest option out there right now that doesn’t have to pay subscription?

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
You can do a search. Install RSS player, google and add link. Stand alone MovieHD. Chinese Apk get Shafa.

Most are VOD, rarely u can find free live telecast channels and if u get it's short life or laggy.

Rather u go such lazada and find a free trial subscription than decide.

grapewall

Reaction score
My subscription is $50 per year, for live and vod tv. Last time used to install free apps, but the apps expire after a while and keep having to reinstall. Quite a hassle.

wad3v3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the gen 8 and having issues of icon disappearing under the popular icon.. feels weird that everytime I change my WiFi connection or language. The icons goes missing

whitesand

Reaction score
My subscription is $50 per year, for live and vod tv. Last time used to install free apps, but the apps expire after a while and keep having to reinstall. Quite a hassle.

May I know which subscription service you use?

Or anyone has a good subscription service to recommend? (I watch mostly HK/China/Korean/Jp drama).

(If you wish, you can PM your reply).

Thanks in advance for replying.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know which subscription service you use?

Or anyone has a good subscription service to recommend? (I watch mostly HK/China/Korean/Jp drama).

(If you wish, you can PM your reply).

Thanks in advance for replying.

watch drama better to use VOD apps.

most of them are free, and GOOOOOD.

subscription is for live TV / sports

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Just google best vod apk la. Learnt how to install RSS player or similar apk to create link. Some websites, u don't even need to do anything, just use adblock to get rid of the advertisements. If you want venture, try Kodi, Just watch youtubes for guides.

Posted from PCWX using vivo 1725

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just google best vod apk la. Learnt how to install RSS player or similar apk to create link. Some websites, u don't even need to do anything, just use adblock to get rid of the advertisements. If you want venture, try Kodi, Just watch youtubes for guides.

Posted from PCWX using vivo 1725

if so easy, no body will ask questions here :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.