AMEX Platinum Charge Card

0404gongxi

Reaction score
It's possible to get above 40k MR this year. Depending on length of membership and spending

I read from a blogger that his spending was ard 20k++ and gotten 40k MR points. My is due for renewal on next statement approx 40k spending. Lets see how much is given. Called up to check but operator mentioned only upon charged then will be able to see the amount given

0404gongxi

Reaction score
AFAIK, while they have marketed this card as "no preset limit", there is a backend limit assigned to your account based on various factors such as average spending, payment history and outstanding on other AMEX credit card. This limit varies from time to time based on these factors.

If you hit the "back-end limit" (e.g. an extraordinary big value transaction), the transaction may not get an approval and instead a "referral" call to check.

If you want to set a lower limit, you can do so by calling the CSO. In fact, at the point of online application, one can state his/her preferred credit limit as well.

In fact u could check with cso exactly how much limit is given, and they could spread out to your other amex cards. Depends the probability of the high usage on the particular card. Which i reckon ideally 16k for 10+10MR bonus and On the other platinum Credit card 16k too. Others can dump to krisflyer as miles accumulation is much worth it should u book for travel (which currently not now) else for insurance lump sum via cardup etc

faeron

Reaction score
hi guys for the MR bonus for $20k spend, does pay small (instalment) transactions count towards the 20k?

undiscern

Master Member
Reaction score
Ask you all, we know that there is this single fee policy. So I have applied for the Amex platinum reserve card last year. 1 year has past, yes no annual fee for this card but there is also no annual set of vouchers that comes along with the Amex platinum reserve card. Is that right?

blueboat

Reaction score
Should still have the vouchers for the lower plat. But for ascend, may need to call in to request

newjungle

Reaction score
Is this part of the welcome offer? When I asked about what’re the welcome offers, cS mentioned $800 travel credit and $750 hotel and resort benefits....this isn’t mentioned...or any 1night hotel night stay

no more ST Regis $100*2 vouchers, replaced by $50*2 JAAN and $50*2 Violet Oon. Both can only use one voucher each visit. yucks.

blueboat

Reaction score
Is this part of the welcome offer? When I asked about what’re the welcome offers, cS mentioned $800 travel credit and $750 hotel and resort benefits....this isn’t mentioned...or any 1night hotel night stay

If I'm not wrong, the dining vouchers are given yearly. The only one-time welcome offer is the extra hotel stay at capella or mandarin orchard (I heard that will be some changes in the hotel for welcome stay)

Vincym

Reaction score
Just called AMEX on renewal offer

Still have St Regis/W hotel stay
No more Capella stay

Will give stack of vouchers + same 400 travel + 400 lodging credit.

MR points can be given after you pay the annual fee, the amount of MR points given is case by case basis.

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
Just called AMEX on renewal offer

Still have St Regis/W hotel stay
No more Capella stay

Will give stack of vouchers + same 400 travel + 400 lodging credit.

MR points can be given after you pay the annual fee, the amount of MR points given is case by case basis.

Capella is welcome stay not for renewal. Free spas no more and st Regis vouchers also no more. The rest should be the same

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,1

justjosh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My annual income is unfortunately right smack between the minimum incomes for Platinum Reserve and Platinum Charge. I applied for the Platinum Charge and got rejected.

Has anyone gotten invited for the Charge card from holding a Reserve card? The benefits of the Reserve is pretty underwhelming but I don't mind getting it if it offers a "backdoor" entry to the Reserve card.

Worth it or come back when earning enough?

Thanks

Last edited:

natnaes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My annual income is unfortunately right smack between the minimum incomes for Platinum Reserve and Platinum Charge. I applied for the Platinum Charge and got rejected.

Has anyone gotten invited for the Charge card from holding a Reserve card? The benefits of the Reserve is pretty underwhelming but I don't mind getting it if it offers a "backdoor" entry to the Reserve card.

Worth it or come back when earning enough?

Thanks

I've heard cases where people have been invited to upgrade from platinum reserve and even from platinum credit card. Apparently based on high spend and good payment.

justjosh

Reaction score
I've heard cases where people have been invited to upgrade from platinum reserve and even from platinum credit card. Apparently based on high spend and good payment.
The problem is there is no purpose in having high spend on the Plat Reserve/Credit as it has a terrible earning rate. It is purely a lifestyle card. The $5k target spend on signup would be achievable easily and could be somewhat justified due to the "accelerated" rewards.

If the starting card was something like the Ascend, I could at least use it as an overflow card in lieu of other cards as 1.2mpd for overflow spend is still somewhat acceptable if it ultimately gets me to Plat Charge. If high spend/payment is a better preceding factor, maybe I should start with Ascend then apply to Plat Charge later?

I was looking forward to the Plat Charge because I would have been able to shift spending from other cards to hit the $20k target spend easily. If anyone has any contact for sales agent that would be able to assist with getting direct approval, do let me know. I don't mind using your MGM or provide some kind of benefit for you. The signup bonus is just so much more appealing for the Plat Charge.

Last edited:

blueboat

Reaction score
The platinum nook is no longer available when I went there. Amex did not seem to inform

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.