Motivation to gym

rznktoae

Reaction score
hi there,

anyone has this feeling before? need motivation to gym. i search many gyms with PT and ask for price but alot asking to come down for consultation.

and also thought maybe i slowly start/buy some standard equipment for home gym like bench, mat and dumbells and follow youtube.

which one should i go for?

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
ActiveSG Gym. Light on Pocket.

Else if you are those die die wan pay money kind, then SAFRA Energy One Gym. $369. 1 day $1. If you happy, can take IPPT there also.

Else fitness playground at your house downstairs also can. Go run laps around your estate.

Clothes go get from Decathlon, crazy cheap. No need to invest so much and then end up you no motivation cos you no motivation or you are those that need PTI tekan and scream in your ear one.

AbangSachok

Reaction score
Motivation should come from the inside. Extrinsic motivation is not sustainable and you will stop working out once these extrinsic motivation are gone.

Try to find exercises that you enjoy and stick to it.

rznktoae

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. if it's motivation that is lacking, how do you suggest that i actually gradually start out? i have a treadmill at home that i rarely use. maybe once a month because i don't enjoy running because of my past injuries.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. if it's motivation that is lacking, how do you suggest that i actually gradually start out? i have a treadmill at home that i rarely use. maybe once a month because i don't enjoy running because of my past injuries.

Find the sports/exercise that you enjoy most. Needs to be part of your lifestyle. Otherwise won't last.

cran87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
join those exercise classes to work out as a group as motivation.

If you dun want to commit to those professional gyms, can join those classes at PA or Activesg locations like piloxing etc.

AbangSachok

Reaction score

What injury do you have? You don't need to run, just start out by walking. When distance is equal, walking and running burns the same amount of calories.

But when you are starting out, you should try to find the exercise that you actually enjoy doing. On top of weights session, I do cycling and brisk walking because I enjoy them. I hardly do running due to past injury of slipped disc and my leg joints just generally do not like it when I run due to the impact.

rznktoae

Reaction score
What injury do you have? You don't need to run, just start out by walking. When distance is equal, walking and running burns the same amount of calories.

But when you are starting out, you should try to find the exercise that you actually enjoy doing. On top of weights session, I do cycling and brisk walking because I enjoy them. I hardly do running due to past injury of slipped disc and my leg joints just generally do not like it when I run due to the impact.

i think one thing that keeps me not coming back to my treadmill often is the same as yours. i have a AFTL tear and i never liked running since forever. do you cycle outdoors or indoors? i'm thinking of selling of my treadmill and getting an exercise bike for starters.

hithere1

Reaction score
don't measure your result with the mirror, it's a slow process and you will lose motivation very fast

keep track of goals instead, you're definitely making progress if you see your numbers improving

it's been working for me for years, the strength gains kept me motivated

AbangSachok

Reaction score
i think one thing that keeps me not coming back to my treadmill often is the same as yours. i have a AFTL tear and i never liked running since forever. do you cycle outdoors or indoors? i'm thinking of selling of my treadmill and getting an exercise bike for starters.

I ride indoors on a stationary bike trainer. Used to go road biking during poly days but quite scared of the road now :s13: So I use the same bike but added on a trainer.

You can try to go to commercial gyms to see if you like the exercise bikes first before purchasing it because it could end up like your treadmill =:p

AbangSachok

Reaction score
don't measure your result with the mirror, it's a slow process and you will lose motivation very fast

keep track of goals instead, you're definitely making progress if you see your numbers improving

it's been working for me for years, the strength gains kept me motivated

Actually looking at the mirror is not that bad la. I use a combination of mirror + weighing scale + body measurements to stay on track. Personally this will keep me more disciplined but to others, might cause them to lose motivation.

rznktoae

Reaction score
I ride indoors on a stationary bike trainer. Used to go road biking during poly days but quite scared of the road now :s13: So I use the same bike but added on a trainer.

You can try to go to commercial gyms to see if you like the exercise bikes first before purchasing it because it could end up like your treadmill =:p

i don't like the idea of going to a commercial gym, thus the ready i've never gone before even if my friends ask me along. what kind of starter exercise bike would you recommend?

bbbbbw

Reaction score
I also lost motivation and cancelled my anytime fitness during the covid. No regrets and saved me $83.46 for a membership I used only once a week

AbangSachok

Reaction score
i don't like the idea of going to a commercial gym, thus the ready i've never gone before even if my friends ask me along. what kind of starter exercise bike would you recommend?

I do see some exercise bikes on shopee in the $100-150 range. Could be a good investment to try out if you like indoor cycling :)

Also, you can watch shows, dramas, youtube videos while doing cardio so it doesn't seem so boring while you're doing it.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
depends on your goal really~

First thing to do is to get a body measurement scale.
and then set a target for yourself: BMI~? Body fat%~? Weight~?

without a goal you will not find motivation unless there's friends or chio bus in the gym~

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the most important is the distance between your gym and your home.

Ragemage

Reaction score
Location of the gym is also important. Choose one that is either close to you workplace or home. In this way, you wont travelling a drag.

rznktoae

Reaction score
depends on your goal really~

First thing to do is to get a body measurement scale.
and then set a target for yourself: BMI~? Body fat%~? Weight~?

without a goal you will not find motivation unless there's friends or chio bus in the gym~

i actually gain about 10kg this past year and body fat is about 23% now.

GreggMQ

Reaction score
I do prefer to watch different motivational videos from gyms, filmed by famous people or regular people. Sometimes I'm reading online articles to get the most useful information before making any workouts. Such websites like this ( url: https://delmarlifestylepubs.com/ ), can be helpful for any person, no matter what kind of workout programs you're going to do. I can highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the motivation comes from within you, to be fit and muscular :) back before 2020, when working in external i can travel for workout after work but since 2020 wfh and many restrictions and capacity reductions i go to my regular gym only

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.