Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called Starhub CSO today and they confirmed that Starhub will do away with Fibre TV for sure.

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I gave up and cut the cord.....much happier at fraction of the cost.

Soon gonna do the same for my mum.

My contract has ended and monthly subscription including set top box rental jumped from $33+ to $53+. No attractive discount for loyal customer and their packages have got crappier. Not to mention the amount of time on hold waiting for available cs at 1633. Seems like time has come for me to part with starhub.

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called Starhub CSO today and they confirmed that Starhub will do away with Fibre TV for sure.

wah...

I am also cancel this ones when contract ended...being their cable since dont know when...got to switch to Fibre tv but now

programs getting lesser... :s22:

only thing is have to go down to return their equipment... :s22:

phone call to their cso took 30 mins to get through for 5 mins talks :s22:

many pissed off customers at their FB...

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah...

I am also cancel this ones when contract ended...being their cable since dont know when...got to switch to Fibre tv but now

programs getting lesser... :s22:

only thing is have to go down to return their equipment... :s22:

phone call to their cso took 30 mins to get through for 5 mins talks :s22:

many pissed off customers at their FB...

More channels will be added to TV+ but the problem with TV+ is laggy.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I gave up and cut the cord.....much happier at fraction of the cost.

Soon gonna do the same for my mum.

Can use app available in smart TV like Netflix and soon Disney+ and Toggle that has HBO and others. Now also got Youtube Premium.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea when?

If cost go up, I'll keep broadband and cancel the tv.

i think the cost is same same and more channels will be available. No confirmed date from Starhub yet. From Mar onwards not allowed to recon to old plan. My guess is by end of the year.

jimmy

Reaction score
To all, Starhub TV+ is a disappointing service. The initiative was good but the implementation was horrible.

First, many people including me suffered the fate of missed appointment. They cut all services and didn’t turn up on installation.

Second, there are countless times where the box would not work all of a sudden. Even you contact them, they are clueless on how to resolve the issue. The good days of FibreTV, they could immediately reset the box.

Third, channels are drastically reduced. Today you don’t see Discovery and Fox on Starhub any longer.

I convinced my parents to change. They learnt but the technical issues created unnecessary confusion. I told Starhub to revert to the old box or if not I would find a mean to terminal without paying penalties by speaking to the regulators. They obliged. Now my parents could watch channels reliably once again.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all, Starhub TV+ is a disappointing service. The initiative was good but the implementation was horrible.

First, many people including me suffered the fate of missed appointment. They cut all services and didn’t turn up on installation.

Second, there are countless times where the box would not work all of a sudden. Even you contact them, they are clueless on how to resolve the issue. The good days of FibreTV, they could immediately reset the box.

Third, channels are drastically reduced. Today you don’t see Discovery and Fox on Starhub any longer.

I convinced my parents to change. They learnt but the technical issues created unnecessary confusion. I told Starhub to revert to the old box or if not I would find a mean to terminal without paying penalties by speaking to the regulators. They obliged. Now my parents could watch channels reliably once again.

More channels like disney+ are coming but the service is lagging. Play half way suddenly stop playing.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My homehub ending 4 April. What is a good time to visit them to return set top box to avoid penalty? Likely to recontract broadband only if prices go up or forced to move to tv+ box

Seems lots of people giving up on starhub.

Starhub Pay tv - 3q20 lost 3k subscribers, another 7k in q4.

For mobile they lost 40k in 4q20. They went to m1 and singtel.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My homehub ending 4 April. What is a good time to visit them to return set top box to avoid penalty? Likely to recontract broadband only if prices go up or forced to move to tv+ box

Seems lots of people giving up on starhub.

Starhub Pay tv - 3q20 lost 3k subscribers, another 7k in q4.

For mobile they lost 40k in 4q20. They went to m1 and singtel.
Recontract now still can get fibre TV.
With Starhub boardband can get Disney+ 6 months contract with 2 months free. I just sign up via Starhub app.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw many feedback about TV+ pissed off customers :s22:

Yes but now can still recontract to fibre TV. Disney plus can watch using mobile app and computer. Can cast from phone to my TV with chromecast. If got 4k TV can watch from TV app.

DPS121

Master Member
Reaction score
just recontract and converted to TV+. keeping my fingers crossed no problem

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recontract now still can get fibre TV.
With Starhub boardband can get Disney+ 6 months contract with 2 months free. I just sign up via Starhub app.

Can recontract like that ?

Thought all home hub package liao ?

They just sent me 2 different emails in 2 days

First one say about cancellation of Fox prorammes then offer swtiching to Tv+ with one year free disney+

2nd email same offer as last time sign up for hmehub with free Netflix for one year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.