Reservist Matters

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firstly, you need to have a valid reason to let you defer your ICT, secondly, isn't it better if you have nothing to do there? :D

Go ict need wake up early. Work only need to wake up at 10. So essentially a “pay cut”. And still need wear uniform and stuff.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
crashing the thread.

I've an upcoming ICT next week and I saw the schedule being combat shoot + IPPT..Which I'm exempted from (Went to see MO and basically excuse everything). Basically, I've nothing to do for the entire 5 days. Do you think they will let me defer on the first day? Since it's a waste of time...

A bit too late for online since it's next week.

Maybe they will ask you to help out with admin work?

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought Low key doesn’t really matter? Only high key?
While it is 7HK, there's also obligation for 10 ORNS cycles. Your remaining 3 cycles would very well be very jialat HKs leh? Why not just lock in the easy LKs?

My LK ICT last month turned out to be very lepak for me also (unexpected). Just first day technical handling test, then the rest just nua in bed, absolutely nothing at all for my role. I'll still take it as a cycle clocked, closer to completion... I know for sure the rest (all HKs) will be very jialat, so one less HK is always better.

Last edited:

recharging

Reaction score
While it is 7HK, there's also obligation for 10 ORNS cycles. Your remaining 3 cycles would very well be very jialat HKs leh? Why not just lock in the easy LKs?

My LK ICT last month turned out to be very lepak for me also (unexpected). Just first day technical handling test, then the rest just nua in bed, absolutely nothing at all for my role. I'll still take it as a cycle clocked, closer to completion... I know for sure the rest (all HKs) will be very jialat, so one less HK is always better.
First priority will be to clear all HK. If you lock in LK while "rejecting" HK, you might end up doing more LK than necessary, thereby extending IPPT requirement.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
First priority will be to clear all HK. If you lock in LK while "rejecting" HK, you might end up doing more LK than necessary, thereby extending IPPT requirement.

impt thing is clock the minimum 7HK & 10ORNS yr combo asap before reach 40

-> the SAF context

if it's SPF context, need to make sure the 10 cycles are recorded and counted for the ICT
if not they makan away the ORNS count say not counted is really Hong Kan

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
crashing the thread.

I've an upcoming ICT next week and I saw the schedule being combat shoot + IPPT..Which I'm exempted from (Went to see MO and basically excuse everything). Basically, I've nothing to do for the entire 5 days. Do you think they will let me defer on the first day? Since it's a waste of time...

A bit too late for online since it's next week.

whether can defer or not, only your CO can make the decision on day 1 of in-pro

however, don't mind if may ask
u alrdy clock hw many cycles thus far?
going to hit 40 for WOSE NSman or 50?

Greent

Reaction score
Faster clear than clear later without yr kaki.

Now 38 yrs old and still doing HK (not going to completed the 7HK due to age reaching before MINDEF acc close in march plus call back when i was about 33yrs old and mine first 3 cycles are all low before)

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
Faster clear than clear later without yr kaki.

Now 38 yrs old and still doing HK (not going to completed the 7HK due to age reaching before MINDEF acc close in march plus call back when i was about 33yrs old and mine first 3 cycles are all low before)

if you knew you not going to complete the cycle by 40yo, you should keep deferring

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
whether can defer or not, only your CO can make the decision on day 1 of in-pro

however, don't mind if may ask
u alrdy clock hw many cycles thus far?
going to hit 40 for WOSE NSman or 50?

if cannot defer just keep throwing MC

Sad Panda

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you ORD Dec 2020 then kena mob brief on FEB 2021,count as 1 ORNS anot?

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Completed my HK ICT back in Feb. Let me share abit..

1st day in-pro at 12pm, immediately go for swab test. Then assign bunk and do nothing until RO. 2nd day was 1/2 day afternoon home based learning, so went back after lunch. Day 3 was technical handling and IPPT. I'm IPPT eligible, but i didn't want to take, so i was allowed to not take IPPT. Day 4 was SOFUN. Day 5 was Force Prep. That was week 1 already. We already know that the following week's Mon to Wed is stay in, so most of the items already brought to camp by Friday.

Come monday, another swab test. Then force prep. Tue move out for field training. Wed afternoon came back to camp. Send arms, shower and settle platoon level stores. Thur clean weapons and settle company level stores. Fri send bunk and out-pro.

Overall quite a lepak HK ICT. Alot of moving about though. I managed to clock 10k steps daily during ICT.

Looking forward to next year's HK ICT. 3D2N outfield. Also my final year. Hopefully.

minamikaze

Reaction score
Within a work year, if you take only IPPT and nothing else, is that year considered an ORNS year?
Some people said it's not, and I also couldn't find it clearly on NS website. Appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.
Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.