Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 38

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just take a look at the info below without Maguire all the aerial ball will go into our net liao.
27 Alex Telles Defender 1.81 m 67 kg
3 Eric Bailly Defender 1.87 m 77 kg
4 Phil Jones Defender 1.80 m 71 kg
2 Victor Lindelöf Defender 1.87 m 80 kg
5 Harry Maguire Defender 1.94 m 100 kg
23 Luke Shaw Defender 1.85 m 75 kg
38 Axel Tuanzebe Defender 1.86 m 75 kg
29 Aaron Wan-Bissaka Defender 1.83 m 72 kg
33 Brandon Williams Defender 1.71 m 63 kg

Height and weight will not matter if the player doesnt have a sense of direction when heading or but will matter if the strength was used to pull your fellow defender away while defending an attack... oops.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
Height and weight will not matter if the player doesnt have a sense of direction when heading or but will matter if the strength was used to pull your fellow defender away while defending an attack... oops.
to be a top Class centre back height certainly one of the most important criteria, speed, build and commanding at box area all this attributes to be a top class centre back

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
individually, Maguire and Lindelof are good.
u can find a lot of stats to back that.
but they just can't pair together.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stats is one thing, but on field performances are another. Like that NUFC goal, sure he won the header...

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
individually, Maguire and Lindelof are good.
u can find a lot of stats to back that.
but they just can't pair together.

I see a Sony Xperia camera phone stats, they are good. You can find a lot of stats to back that up.

But when use in real life, that is another story.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tSDMv38.jpg

kgAQpPs.jpg

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Some movement!"

"Antho, move. Start moving." -Solskjaer

“Apparently Martial is the one who says he wants play centre-forward, he deserves to be in there, well his numbers I think have to be a lot better if he wants to play in that position. I wouldn’t say it’s a lack of experience.

“This is his sixth season at Manchester United. I wouldn’t say a lack of experience is a problem at all, I would say it’s his lack of hunger and lack of desire to get in there to constantly score goals you need to.

“Martial had a good season in terms of numbers last season but you have to do that on a regular basis, particularly when Man United are scoring as many as they are.” -Alan Shearer

reminds me of the times when our ex manager made comments on the same player.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes on field we have seen more of the problems he bring when he go forward than helping with attack.
Stats is one thing, but on field performances are another. Like that NUFC goal, sure he won the header...

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a vague memory of us having one of the best defences during JoseM's 2nd full season? DavidDG, ChrisS, VictorL. I personally don't think DavidDG's reflexes have gotten slower. So how much of it is down to the 2 defenders in front of him? I wonder. All I know is that ever since HarryM came in, my heart has always pumped a little bit faster whenever I see the opposition counter-attacking.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe Jose wanted Harry for his height like many pointed out. Like failani big size one. End up Harry decided his strength is ball hogging and bringing the ball upfield

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Harry has not meet up with his 80M tag...gosh

I think all of the club big money (anything above 40 or 50M pound?) signing or big weekly salary has not done well...

Falcao, Mary, LKK, Pogba, DDG (ever since his salary was raised to 3xxk pound per week), Maguire, Sanchez etc etc.

the team have the money... just spend it

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of politic inside and off field, only people inside know what really happening.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
I didn't see DDG really put his body face to face to block a ball from opponents attack. Correct me if I am wrong.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's not his style. All along.
Just like AnthonyM can't bash through opposition like Adama Traore, or BrunoF doesn't go in with hard tackles like Roy Keane.
Doesn't mean he's not good at doing his primary job.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't see DDG really put his body face to face to block a ball from opponents attack. Correct me if I am wrong.

375k per week needs to risk his life or risk getting injuries? He just needs to rack up his clean sheets and makes hollywood saves.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont get why suddenly people keep expecting him to have attributes that he never had and was so good before for us.
That's not his style. All along.
Just like AnthonyM can't bash through opposition like Adama Traore, or BrunoF doesn't go in with hard tackles like Roy Keane.
Doesn't mean he's not good at doing his primary job.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.